Six Months Ago......

XTreme

On 20/07/2021 at 23:42, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Problem with shift work is you need childcare from between 6.30am and 10pm (assuming you can get to work in 30 mins or under) which no one covers. Stick compulsory internal nightshift rotation into the mix and unless you have a partner who can be there and get the kids up n start getting them ready for the next day at the child minders you’re screwed. Then they wonder why they can’t get nurses (who enter into it at child bearing age) to stay in the NHS- they make it f’in impossible! I stayed because my boss bent the rules, reduced and changed my hours (so I could get there and back in time) and I moved to an area that had no night shifts. Just me and one other nurse on the entire ward had children.

Then they decided to move everyone to 12 hour shifts (my area was one of the very few that was exempted) and that finished of almost everyone with children. The trust is one of the largest employers in the country’ with over 6,000 employee’s and yet they don’t have a clue. 

we were SOOOOOO lucky with our childminder, 100metres from the pharmacie where Madame MooN works and i still remember that when Madame was helicoptered of the roof of Auxerre hospital to Dijon menacing seriously premature birth of twins (14yrs ago) I rang her to see if she could pick up No.1 daughter from school ( No.1 being 5 at the time) she told me to go home, pick up a bag of clothes for No.1 and drop them off with her on my way to dijon...No.1 stayed with her for 3 days and nights, to and from school and everything, bloody brilliant and she then took on the twins when they were 3. 

• Like 6