Double vaccination travel

Buckster

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Nearly every time I have been to Wales it pissed it down.

Virtually every day I lived in Wales it pissed down!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Never been to Wales there to fucking scary and talk funny, especially the ones that go to Spain.🤣

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I get the impression your deliberately remembering and reciting all the bad things you experienced in Wales because you are suppressing the feelings of being seriously homesick

just a thought

Star Trek Smoking GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Never been to Wales there to fucking scary and talk funny, especially the ones that go to Spain.🤣

You've never been to Wales? :classic_unsure:

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I get the impression your deliberately remembering and reciting all the bad things you experienced in Wales because you are suppressing the feelings of being seriously homesick

just a thought

Star Trek Smoking GIF

Homesick.......of wales.....said nobody ever 

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

just a thought

I didn't really experience bad things as such.......it was more a case of as the years went by it just felt like it was an existence rather than living.

Everything was always the same.....nothing ever changed. We just wanted something different in life apart from what we'd always known.

The few days you'd get decent weather there the roads would be jammed with caravans and holidaymakers etc. You'd spend the whole day looking for gaps to get past bunches of cars......then it was belt it through!

Couple of miles later you'd be plodding again in traffic and have to repeat the whole thing again. It wasn't like that when I started riding.....it just got progressively worse as the years went by.

In the early 2000's I started seeing ride reports on Buttrider from people living in other countries......and it was just so different. Great weather and empty roads. Totally different way of life and it looked great!

So when we had no more family ties in 2005......we were gone.....and never looked back.

Don't get me wrong....I love Wales and I'll die Welsh! But as for living anywhere in Britain ever again.....forget it! That door closed forever 16 years ago.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I didn't really experience bad things as such.......it was more a case of as the years went by it just felt like it was an existence rather than living.

Everything was always the same.....nothing ever changed. We just wanted something different in life apart from what we'd always known.

The few days you'd get decent weather there the roads would be jammed with caravans and holidaymakers etc. You'd spend the whole day looking for gaps to get past bunches of cars......then it was belt it through!

Couple of miles later you'd be plodding again in traffic and have to repeat the whole thing again. It wasn't like that when I started riding.....it just got progressively worse as the years went by.

In the early 2000's I started seeing ride reports on Buttrider from people living in other countries......and it was just so different. Great weather and empty roads. Totally different way of life and it looked great!

So when we had no more family ties in 2005......we were gone.....and never looked back.

Don't get me wrong....I love Wales and I'll die Welsh! But as for living anywhere in Britain ever again.....forget it! That door closed forever 16 years ago.

Yeah you’re bang on there with traffic, unfortunately it’s the same all over here, gets to be a waste of time getting the bike out, the roads look far better and hardly any traffic it seems when you are riding over there.👍

• Like 2

I don't find the roads to bad over this side as we stay off the main routes and lets face it, it's great just pissing past anything that is in front.
We were planing a Wales trip on the bikes but I guess that's off now as greed has befallen everywhere to stay, and this covid shit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Swagman said:

According to some cunt called Pete it’s a shithole.

Some places are beautiful.....some are really bad!

But it's not Wales' fault.......it's just paying the price of 60 years of under-investment from central government and the demise of the established industries.

So that breeds generations of people who have no hope whatsoever in their lives......and in most cases, no way out. 

I love Wales......but I'm one of the lucky ones who got out!

3 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I don't find the roads to bad over this side as we stay off the main routes and lets face it, it's great just pissing past anything that is in front.
We were planing a Wales trip on the bikes but I guess that's off now as greed has befallen everywhere to stay, and this covid shit. 

If you get on the country roads you can piss past everything, but with Skegness,Mablethorpe,Cleethorpes and the like most of that traffic is around the county here so you are passing lines of traffic, a lot of the time filtering, and we seem to be plagued by Sunday drivers and of course caravans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

That's not how i experience it here. There's plenty of good weather to ride and all year not just the summer months obviously when it rains it bloody rains. If you stay away from the tourist traps the roads are quiet, admittedly i have seen an increase in people out where i ride since covid but hoping that will change once foreign travel starts again and people slip back into their old life. Big towns will always have traffic there's no getting away from that pretty much the same everywhere so i avoid them as much as i can. If i go away for a two week holiday i always find myself pining for home i enjoy just being here even if i'm just sat about doing nothing couldn't imagine leaving it behind

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's not how i experience it here. There's plenty of good weather to ride and all year not just the summer months obviously when it rains it bloody rains. If you stay away from the tourist traps the roads are quiet, admittedly i have seen an increase in people out where i ride since covid but hoping that will change once foreign travel starts again and people slip back into their old life. Big towns will always have traffic there's no getting away from that pretty much the same everywhere so i avoid them as much as i can. If i go away for a two week holiday i always find myself pining for home i enjoy just being here even if i'm just sat about doing nothing couldn't imagine leaving it behind

Well I’m well versed at sitting around doing nothing, it’s my favourite job around the house.👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swagman said:

Well I’m well versed at sitting around doing nothing, it’s my favourite job around the house.👍

I just spent the last few hours cutting and cleaning up what little vegetation we have around the house i have now earned the next six months off :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Everybody is different! There's guys I grew up with still living in the same part of Swansea, going to the same pub, and basically living the same life they did 50 years ago.

If that suits them.....then that's fine! But it doesn't suit us........we wanted different experiences, different places, and a different way of life.

If circumstances had been different we'd have left many years before we actually did.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I just spent the last few hours cutting and cleaning up what little vegetation we have around the house i have now earned the next six months off :classic_laugh:

I have just spent the last few hours sat on my arse, I earned fook all.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tym said:

Butt, lots of wet sheep! 🤓

You don't want them when their wet Tym, they get all slippery.  It's best to sneak up on them on a dry sunny day , that's what Fred told me when he was pissed :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1