Second Weekend in May!

XTreme

Went home for the first time in ages, stopping by my favourite hilltop cafe, bikers were quite happy to be allowed out. I left as they started to arrive:

IMG_1391.thumb.jpeg.10ba17ed5377fd205ba02f161c834313.jpeg

Then stopped by a local vineyard to try a few bottles of local wines:

IMG_1392.thumb.jpeg.0137c4dde8701f5afadccaff979a462b.jpeg

IMG_1393.thumb.jpeg.21812a265c547b777afe932b986b56ad.jpeg

The bike was properly dirty, gave it a wash and rode it dry:

IMG_1397.thumb.jpeg.9212e8d5acedc3d87e6381013a014113.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Started the day with a bit of a change to the routine.

Decided to put the dog in the 4Runner and drive up a logging road for our morning walk. 🌞

It was a very peaceful morning and Gazoo (my 4Runner) seemed very happy to be in his element. 

7F31C2D6-BBDB-4013-A584-1E7C983C4464_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

Get some biking in while you can Pedro, the brit holiday makers will start invading you next week 😵

Portugal probably gets a marginally more discerning Brit than Spain though.

9 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

We purchased an American style fridge a couple of weeks ago. Had a plan where to put it but soon remembered the left door needs to open at last 120 deg to be able to slide the draws out in the freezer. Plan be was formed and thats now where it lives,,,,
but we don't like it there so I suspect there'll we a wall coming out to get it where we first intended.

Mum passed last Saturday evening and most of the family will be round her house today to try and sort through belongings. Not looking forward to that. 

I'm thinking tomorrow I might be brick unlaying although tomorrow mornings weather is looking good, who knows.

sorry hear about your mum .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yebbut all the feckers that can't go to Spain will now hit Portugal

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yebbut all the feckers that can't go to Spain will now hit Portugal

I thought they were letting people in here Bob?

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

I quite doubt that. Discerning isn't what comes to mind to describe someone that searches for a full english breakfast while still drunk before going to the beach at over 30º.

I am not in the Algarve, though, so quite far away from that nightmare scenario, but am indeed in fear of the COVID boom that comes from tourists on holiday. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The only destination on the approved list (‘the green list’) that is both familiar and feasible for most is Portugal. Other listed destinations are too far away or not familiar places to the average Brit. Any other country requires us to quarantine on return so not a goer if you have a limited holiday allowance per year. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The only destination on the approved list (‘the green list’) that is both familiar and feasible for most is Portugal. Other listed destinations are too far away or not familiar places to the average Brit. Any other country requires us to quarantine on return so not a goer if you have a limited holiday allowance per year. 

Oh No Reaction GIF by primevideoin

• Like 1

Thunderstorms overnight and more predicted for today.

Today is my first day of freedom for 6 months......and I still can't go anywhere! :classic_sad:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thunderstorms overnight and more predicted for today.

Today is my first day of freedom for 6 months......and I still can't go anywhere! :classic_sad:

You can go anywhere you like but the difference is now you choose not to instead of being told not :littleguy:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You can go anywhere you like but the difference is now you choose not to instead of being told not :littleguy:

Yeh.....so it don't feel so bad!

And I do have some work I've got to get through as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....so it don't feel so bad!

And I do have some work I've got to get through as well.

work whats wrong with you man ..its Sunday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Six30 said:

work whats wrong with you man ..its Sunday

The internet never closes......it's not a case of closing the door and leaving work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

Spain is on amber at the moment so if Brits go they will have to self-isolate when they return (I think)

• Like 1

Yep Europe with the exception of Portugal is on the amber list. You should not travel there for leisure and must isolate for 10 days on return, have a negative covid test before departing and pay for 2 pcr tests while away which are anywhere between  £50-120 each. But they expect most of Europe to go green by the end of June.

• Like 1

Went for another drive this morning for the dog walk.  This could become a habit. :littleguy:  Learning more about my 4x4 all the time, which is good.

Even though I live in the forest with endless land around me, it is really nice to see different trails and trees some days. 

Lucy also seems to be enjoying the new smells she finds on the fresh trails.   A happy dog makes me happy!  😊

5C5DFB31-5224-45CA-9C76-69268FA2EC64_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.dcfe987384624c29392f62708e0c2316.jpeg

0E00DB6E-1BA2-4A18-99F9-DF5574755CC4_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.93b799282ed2c09d24979e856202d546.jpeg

02617F98-1D35-4D83-A20A-DC1BEE1A8FE8_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0fd45099f31cd23ef2ec17e150327fbe.jpeg

E9A2E3DA-128D-4FD0-BA51-61D60EC7E5DF_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b323e3f37bd2efc7783ad20596091f3c.jpeg

• Like 4