I can see driving this...

Tym

14 hours ago, Tym said:

Underneath a F-250, 4 door, X-Caliber Edition, with leather trim, running boards, chrome push bumpers... ?

CV2.thumb.jpg.8e69c53f7d3d929195aaa582b62f7520.jpg

That's a maggot isn't it?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Deux Chevaux, did they even sell those in USA or did someone import it ?

Good questions Bob, dont know, everything was brought in grey market, you see these things around. Saw American cars with new york plates in Paris, if you got the money, you can do anything.... :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Good questions Bob, dont know, everything was brought in grey market, you see these things around. Saw American cars with new york plates in Paris, if you got the money, you can do anything.... :classic_unsure:

Tis true :littleguy:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

They've got a real cult following!

One look at the house suggests the cult collects beanie babies too. ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

those Deux Chevaux are killingly fun to drive!  especially the older ones. Thay're an air cooled flat twin 430originally ( developing 2 fisca lhorsepower, hence deux cheveaux)  or 600cc for the 2CV6. pistons fitted blind so no head gasket, a central camshaft and no coolant... fucking bomb proof!  If you ever get the chance to drive one, throw it ino a roundabout flat out... :rofl:the bloody thing 'll lean far enough for the passenger to get their knee down ?.  the early nes wre built along similar lines to a Jeep, simple pintle and gudgeon hinges for boot, doors, bonnet and windscreen. With a canvas roof you can strip it down to engine and chassis in about 10 minutes, The original seats were also designed to be removable so they could be used as chairs outside during a pause or a picnic. they're totally cult here now. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Engine simplicity similar to the original Beetles :littleguy:

no good in really cold winters they dont have a heater and the screen keeps frosting up (my mate used to have one)

13 hours ago, MooN said:

they're totally cult here now. 

I;ll give you the phone number to buy it and ship it back just so she dosent keep causing traffic flow problems over here...

:thud:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, MooN said:

well yeah, DUH! they're Citroen... :rofl:

Anything French made after 11am and before 2pm is doomed to failure. ?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MooN said:

well yeah, DUH! they're Citroen... :rofl:

Well I gotta say that our Xsara Picasso has been faultless in the 3 years we've had it. I had reservations buying it, but it was the car the wife found was the most comfortable.

It's never missed a beat, and doesn't use a drop of oil. Done nothing to it besides normal maintenance. They're everywhere here......and I'm yet to see one broken down on the side of the road.

The Picasso approaching half a million miles

On the FB group for this model there's guys who've had 4 or 5 of them......most of which did astronomical mileages as taxis.

9 minutes ago, Tym said:

Anything French made after 11am and before 2pm is doomed to failure. ?

you can work on the basis that anything Citroen is either brilliantly quirky and a nightmare to work on, ( Traction, mehari, 2CV, DS, GS, CX, BX,...etc...etc) or simply a pile of shit and even shittier to work on  ( berlingot, C4, C8, C5, C1...etc ...etc...)  I've used most of these last at work one time or another and have hated every sigle one of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Well I gotta say that our Xsara Picasso has been faultless in the 3 years we've had it. I had reservations buying it, but it was the car the wife found was the most comfortable.

It's never missed a beat, and doesn't use a drop of oil. Done nothing to it besides normal maintenance. They're everywhere here......and I'm yet to see one broken down on the side of the road.

The Picasso approaching half a million miles

On the FB group for this model there's guys who've had 4 or 5 of them......most of which did astronomical mileages as taxis.

they did something right with the picasso, though fuck knows its ugly enough. 

• Haha 1