Easter Weekend!

XTreme

On the way to the animals this morning we got pulled by the Guardia Civil.

I wound down the window and said "We're not terrorists, we're Guiris". Guiris (pronounced Gearys) is the slang term they use for us as we would use Dagos for them.

Guardia always try to keep very stern and threatening....but he ended up with a big smile and just said "Have a good day" and let us carry on.

30 minutes later on the way home, the same officer pulled us again at the same point. I said "It's the Guiris again and we're still not terrorists".

This time he pissed himself laughing....and told us to carry on again.

What's the odds he pulls me again this morning on the Beemer? It's really going to make his day! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, MooN said:

nah, he's supposed to be getting a new chair with a fonction that will "verticalise" him. ie move him into an upright position. He's tried one and though the upright position is good the chair is less good with manouverabilit and less capable outside on the broken pavements etc.  We need to see if there's options available to remedy that, Oh yeah, the base model costs 26,000€ which is more than my car cost new...

Upright would be brilliant for his bowl and bladder functions, getting around is a whole other story, my spazz is good inside on tile, horrible on padded carpet and off hard surfaces with its small diameter caster wheels.

If i was full time id need an outside chair and an inside chair, and one for maybe being upright, ugh, just looked my base model Spazz is up to almost 2 grand American on discount websites....

Its one of the cheapest rigid frame chairs you can get.

???????

• Like 1

Had a couple of hours out this morning , early before the hordes arrive now that lockdown has eased.

Thought I'd slum it for a while................  This is the Circus in Bath........

IMG_8575.thumb.JPEG.a31f5b1aa43543d7ed900e677c8f3419.JPEG

IMG_8576.thumb.JPEG.bff90705de50f4d22ff31583dc3f2e2f.JPEG

Moved on to the Royal Crecent and ignored the 'residents only signs '  I took my photos from here as down the far end there were two Bentleys , a Maserati, an Aston Martin and countless Range Rovers parked up.  If I'd taken the photos near them the owners would have probably thought I was casing the joint :classic_unsure:

IMG_8582.thumb.JPEG.4ef89e75d742e0aa10ac78e9f3245299.JPEG

IMG_8584.thumb.JPEG.9669c1f6f1458f2c6285d102200946c1.JPEG

IMG_8587.thumb.JPEG.0dcacef3b42c3b520dfb867b2303297e.JPEG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Had a couple of hours out this morning , early before the hordes arrive now that lockdown has eased.

Thought I'd slum it for a while................  This is the Circus in Bath........

Moved on to the Royal Crecent and ignored the 'residents only signs '  I took my photos from here as down the far end there were two Bentleys , a Maserati, an Aston Martin and countless Range Rovers parked up.  If I'd taken the photos near them the owners would have probably thought I was casing the joint :classic_unsure:

That looks very interesting and more like an old school government building than individual houses.

58 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've been there many years ago......that block is quite famous isn't it?

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

The Royal Crescent is probably one of the most photographed row of houses in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mawsley said:

Looks a pretty shit circus. No bearded ladies, no clowns.

Come back later and it will be full of pissed up clowns...............

ooooooooooooooooooops my mistake,  that's college green in Bristol

untitled-design-40-940x480.jpg.66ffb0549b564ee458771818d9324a77.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Come back later and it will be full of pissed up clowns...............

ooooooooooooooooooops my mistake,  that's college green in Bristol

untitled-design-40-940x480.jpg.66ffb0549b564ee458771818d9324a77.jpg

I know that place as well.

43 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'd give you good odds that it's 95% brexiteers , what say you @Slowlycatchymonkey

oooooooooooooooooops , strayed into politics there but you started it

Who knows the political bias of folk who pay millions to live in a terraced house in a crowded city, Monster Raving Loony party? ?

• Haha 2

TLDR Thought I was going out but I’m not.

Today was to be an exciting day for me. I was planning on going to the supermarket just because I can and to a shop to pick up a click n collect order, then to a friends house to drop off Easter eggs. It would have been my first day out (other than on the bike) in over a year. I kid you not, Ive avoided all supermarkets and contact with the outside world for a year due to having too many vulnerable/at risk people around me but now theyre jabbed and I’m free ? 

So I get my jobs done and go down the yard to train (a bit of rowing and yoga) then lay out a dress and new boots (that have stayed in their box since I bought them over a year ago), just normal stuff that Ive not worn or done for so long it no longer feels normal. I get overwhelmingly excited at the prospect and even have a glass of wine at lunch time. Whoop whoop.

I turn on the shower to discover theres no hot water. NO BLOODY BASTARD HOT WATER. FFS. AARGH!! 

Heyho better have a glass of wine ? purely medicinal you understand to help with putting the new boots back in their box back and everything back in the wardrobe ??

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mess said:

It's a great feeling. you are going to be amazed at how nice it is to not have that worry.

It's like i'm free now  and i can say screw it!  if i don't want to work today then nope not going to do it.

It took way longer than i thought it would but as you know housing costs here in Vancouver are insane. I never in a million years thought when i was young that my crappy house here in Delta  would ever be worth well over a million bucks.

Vancouver's done. there is no way a young couple alone can afford to buy a house here, a frigging condo ( flat for you euro types) start at $800000+ grand

I am also looking forward to not working as much when things are paid down.

It is also near impossible to find an affordable home on the Sunshine Coast.  The last year has seen a record number of purchases and a record low for listings.  I think with COVID people are trying to get out of the city and the coast is so close.

I would never be able to buy now and feel very lucky to have the land I do have.

Enjoy your freedom ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Shit, I've been there so it has to be relatively famous.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

TLDR Thought I was going out but I’m not.

Today was to be an exciting day for me. I was planning on going to the supermarket just because I can and to a shop to pick up a click n collect order, then to a friends house to drop off Easter eggs. It would have been my first day out (other than on the bike) in over a year. I kid you not, Ive avoided all supermarkets and contact with the outside world for a year due to having too many vulnerable/at risk people around me but now theyre jabbed and I’m free ? 

So I get my jobs done and go down the yard to train (a bit of rowing and yoga) then lay out a dress and new boots (that have stayed in their box since I bought them over a year ago), just normal stuff that Ive not worn or done for so long it no longer feels normal. I get overwhelmingly excited at the prospect and even have a glass of wine at lunch time. Whoop whoop.

I turn on the shower to discover theres no hot water. NO BLOODY BASTARD HOT WATER. FFS. AARGH!! 

Heyho better have a glass of wine ? purely medicinal you understand to help with putting the new boots back in their box back and everything back in the wardrobe ??

You should’ve gone out anyway, no one will smell you didn’t wash as you will be 2 metres away.???

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Swagman said:

You should’ve gone out anyway, no one will smell you didn’t wash as you will be 2 metres away.???

Dont give a stuff about other people, it was all for me. Happy now though, son rang from supermarket (they made made it out cos they’d used all the bloody hot water ?) so I requested a £15 bottle of Chablis. Back on top of the world ? 

• Like 4

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Dont give a stuff about other people, it was all for me. Happy now though, son rang from supermarket (they made made it out cos they’d used all the bloody hot water ?) so I requested a £15 bottle of Chablis. Back on top of the world ? 

Well enjoy and don’t share it’s always best to drink it all yourself, stuff the rest they ruined your day out using all the water.???

• Haha 1