The Beast Lives On! 

XTreme

Just now, Tym said:

What about Mods to abuse? Jeez. :banana121or:

I don't think we really needs Mods Tym......everybody knows each other and we're not exactly ButtRider in terms of size.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

There's nothing to moderate Tym......we don't have the likes of Fuckmine or Eddie here!

Thats the problem. :littleguy:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Bring back Zzzzzzzzzzzzzack and his vast collection of tin helmets

Not possible since he was abducted by aliens.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bruce said:

OBJECTION!!!

My ass has been the topic of more conversations than any Harley!!

sad but true internet GIF

Your ass is noisier than a Harley with drag pipes.

On 12/03/2021 at 10:21, XTreme said:

Because I've just renewed the domain name for this site for another year!

So is this another year of making your life complete.......or is it another year of degrading, disgusting, and cringingly awful behaviour? Probably the latter, but we've got to take what we can get!

I only started this forum because I couldn't take any more Facebutt shit during the first lockdown, and I didn't think the place would last beyond 3 months quite frankly!

Even @Tym had doubts when I first mentioned the idea to him because of the dominance of social media. It really is an uphill battle because FB has killed so many forums off!

So I'm really surprised we're still here considering the utter mindless shit that gets posted by you subhuman neanderthals. I suppose the only thing we had in our favour was that no other forum wants you lot!

It's not been an easy year with most of us restricted from riding in way or another through most of the period......but nevertheless, The Beast Lives On! 

the office headache GIF

Well I for one enjoy being on here there I never a dull moment to be had with our cast of internet warriors and the Welsh rubber ring pirate.

Long live adventuremotorcycles.net but kerb the ginger pubes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well I for one enjoy being on here there I never a dull moment to be had with our cast of internet warriors and the Welsh rubber ring pirate.

There might be a troll or two, or three, but there are no keyboard warriors here I think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Glad you like it Rich.......as I said, it's impossible to be a perfect fit in all ways for every member! Because we're all different people.

But everybody has the option to influence the direction of the place by what they post......so I hope all of you will get involved and help us to improve.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Glad you like it Rich.......as I said, it's impossible to be a perfect fit in all ways for every member! Because we're all different people.

But everybody has the option to influence the direction of the place by what they post......so I hope all of you will get involved and help us to improve.

Well we can’t get any worse.

• Haha 1

I, for one, think we are headed in the same direction as before in forums from a few years ago. All threads are fusing into the same conversation, with the same jokes and banter regardless of topic. Makes a real mess of it when you show up and see all threads discussing the same things, I've had two people comment this to me, take it as you will. In my small experience of different forums, only 4 or 5, this is the most clicky ever as even welcome threads turn into inside jokes in a few posts.

Consider how many members register, and how many post a single "hello" and introduce themselves.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I, for one, think we are headed in the same direction as before in forums from a few years ago. All threads are fusing into the same conversation, with the same jokes and banter regardless of topic. Makes a real mess of it when you show up and see all threads discussing the same things, I've had two people comment this to me, take it as you will. In my small experience of different forums, only 4 or 5, this is the most clicky ever as even welcome threads turn into inside jokes in a few posts.

Consider how many members register, and how many post a single "hello" and introduce themselves.

What happened to these four or five other forums? Are they still going strong or do they have a natural lifespan? Just curious. 

The joining and not posting thing is very common though. Lurking and all that malarkey.

On another motorbike forum I noticed the stats quoted on the side said- most people online 31st Jan 1,500 which is astonishing when approx 20 max people actually posted. 

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What happened to these four or five other forums? Are they still going strong or do they have a natural lifespan? Just curious. 

The joining and not posting thing is very common though. Lurking and all that malarkey.

On another motorbike forum I noticed the stats quoted on the side said- most people online 31st Jan 1,500 which is astonishing when approx 20 max people actually posted. 

a couple of them still carry on, portuguese car stuff, I simply moved on and lost interest but they did carry on. The others were also Pete's from back when, can't really say why but to me they just (over time) turned into a battleground of repetitive inside jokes

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

....can't really say why but to me they just (over time) turned into a battleground of repetitive inside jokes

This. Less and less motorcycle content and just a bunch of stupid jokes that few even understand.

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

You seem to have more of a problem with human nature then the existence of forums...

I know, blame me, why dont you, everything is my fault. 

:classic_tongue:

All feedback is welcome and I take your comments onboard.....so I'll put up a thread to suggest to people they try and keep to the subject in hand etc.