Thinking of a set of these!

XTreme

I just pulled in another gig this morning from an existing client......so I thought it may be a good time to mention the Heed Bars to the wife.

In retrospect, it may not have been the best time because I got the Death Stare!

losing my mind GIF

• Haha 3

Update is that Tony the Tools will fit them for me! He was thinking of a set for his bike so he's interested to see what they're like.

Delivery should be later on next week.....they're coming from Poland.

You guys in Britain have got to pay import taxes on stuff from Europe now haven't you?

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Update is that Tony the Tools will fit them for me! He was thinking of a set for his bike so he's interested to see what they're like.

You guys in Britain have got to pay import taxes on stuff from Europe now haven't you?

thats a ball ache

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have never ever ordered stuff from Europe, doubt that I ever will, get whatever I need from UK supplier.?

But if those parts or accessories originated from Europe then the price is going to be higher Clive......cos the UK supplier will have had to pay the import duty.

And what about European bikes......will those cost more?

59 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'll let you know, I have something coming from Poland. 3D printed handguard extenders.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Clive said:

Yes, if the parts are bought in by a supplier then import duty will be added, but if I ordered something from say Germany direct to my address, then when it arrived I would (from what I have read) be asked to pay import duty & possibly courier charges.........Good job that the Triumph factory is just down the M1 ?

Not if it is less than £135.

• Like 2

And they're here!

Very impressive......twice the thickness of the Givi ones that were on the Strom!

20210302_162601-min.jpg.54be5d0b2290dd2cffb3282d69f306fe.jpg

I looked at the instructions and it involves taking out big bolts going through the frame! :classic_ohmy:

Definitely a job for Tony the Tools!

kramer GIF

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And they're here!

Very impressive......twice the thickness of the Givi ones that were on the Strom!

20210302_162601-min.jpg.54be5d0b2290dd2cffb3282d69f306fe.jpg

I looked at the instructions and it involves taking out big bolts going through the frame! :classic_ohmy:

Definitely a job for Tony the Tools!

kramer GIF

All you need is a hammer and some glue, you've got this! :littleguy:

Tim Allen Power GIF by Laff

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

All you need is a hammer and some glue, you've got this! :littleguy:

Tim Allen Power GIF by Laff

I've Whatsapped Tony the Tools......he'll be calling up when he can!

• Like 2

Got my Polish 3D printed hand guard extenders. Just pushed them on and they seem to be tight. Did 70-90mph home on the motorway and they didn't move, stopped the cold wind shooting up my sleeve. I only fitted the right one to come home as a test of the difference they make. Might run a bit of glue or silicon on them to make sure they don't leave me. No tax requested, just came through the post.

image.png.6fecf7e070d729ef075ae5bfdbcb6dec.png

image.png.7ecd552e1b388853275a529117b60549.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Little bit of black spray over them to make them colour match, @yen_powell?

You forget, I am partially colour blind, the blue doesn't bother me too much. You can buy the file only and get them printed up again if you know someone with a printer and the right colour plastic, I'll see how I get on with them.

• Like 2

@Earache  Hey! Those look familiar...  I still haven't tried printing them in flexible material but I'm getting closer...

Here's the set I printed for Earache. Not sure why he chose this color but I don't judge...

IMG_4477.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

@Earache  Hey! Those look familiar...  I still haven't tried printing them in flexible material but I'm getting closer...

Here's the set I printed for Earache. Not sure why he chose this color but I don't judge...

IMG_4477.JPG

I still think 3D printing is powerful magic. We are living in the science fiction of my youth.

Have you ever seen the episode of Red Dwarf where during a disaster an emergency crew member is 3d Printed by the ship's computer and it jams slightly as it comes out of the plotter, over prints in the head area and he has to bend his head right over to look at people all the time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I still think 3D printing is powerful magic. We are living in the science fiction of my youth.

Have you ever seen the episode of Red Dwarf where during a disaster an emergency crew member is 3d Printed by the ship's computer and it jams slightly as it comes out of the plotter, over prints in the head area and he has to bend his head right over to look at people all the time?

confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

41 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

3D printing is proper science fiction shit to me looking forward to seeing where it takes us