Posh People on Bikes!

XTreme

I dunno......it's never seemed right to me!

Maybe it's a legacy from years ago when motorcycling was seen as a young working class hooligan lifestyle choice.......but I've just never been able to get my head round it. Even after all these years.

What you say?

Just now, Pedro said:

What you mean by "posh"? Rich? Good families?

We're from a different generation and place, I see nothing weird about a rich guy enjoying a motorcycle.

It's a Brit thing Pedro......the class structure has always been prevalent there. Still is now!

The rich around here tend to dress down, drive generic type cars in order to hide in plain sight, our posh peeps are middle class types maxing out credit cards trying to look good. :littleguy:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Maybe it's a legacy from years ago when motorcycling was seen as a young working class hooligan lifestyle choice.......but I've just never been able to get my head round it. Even after all these years.

What you say?

im still hanging in there, working class and always will be with my leather jacket 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

im still hanging in there, working class and always will be with my leather jacket 

Good for you we need boys like you around to do the dirty work, pip pip and all that, is it tea time yet, and do we have crumpettes? :littleguy:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Good for you we need boys like you around to do the dirty work, pip pip and all that, is it tea time yet, and do we have crumpettes? :littleguy:

yes with plenty of anchor butter ?

Just now, Clive said:

Bet he thinks we all wear Bowler hats and carry a umbrella all the time.?

Throw in a hot Cat women and you have great 60's telly. :wave:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Only knew one guy from a family with money, we where making do with Bantams, BSA,s, Ariel Leaders and other crap, he turns up on a brand new Honda CB750!....he tried to be one of the guys, but he was never accepted, don't think his "I am richer than you attitude helped.

Clive knows where I'm coming from! :littleguy:

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

What you say?

You're not claiming you've worked your way up to being working class are you? Ideas above your lowly station I reckon. Getting out of the bath to piss does not make you posh.

I read that Lord Wotsisface, the royal photographer's book, Patrick Lichfield, that was it and he was riding a motorbike in the 60s/70s when he was in the Grenadier Guards (well one of the ones with the hairy hats anyway).

15 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

You're not claiming you've worked your way up to being working class are you?

Once I stop wiping my cock in the curtains I'll be close Yen! 

• Haha 1

is wealth sufficient to be classed as posh?  I've seen some rich people with boats who are definately not posh, ie no education, no manners and no class but plenty dosh.

Wealthy yes, posh, no. there's more to it than that. I also have some posh rich clients, some I like and some I don't. None of them ride though. 

I don't expect any "posh" people would consider themselves a "biker".  A "motorcyclist" maybe...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MooN said:

is wealth sufficient to be classed as posh?  I've seen some rich people with boats who are definately not posh, ie no education, no manners and no class but plenty dosh.

That's usually an indicator that they've made their money rather than inherited it.

@Pedro used the phrase "Good Families"......which no doubt we've all heard.

But what is the criteria for a good family? I suppose in the UK it would be old money and inherited wealth.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well I don’t know any posh or well to do people, especially none with a bike.

Understandable......I doubt they'd want to be associated with your kind! 

Very Funny Reaction GIF

• Haha 2