Posh People on Bikes!

XTreme

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

It seems posh means different things to different people. I've always seen posh as those twats that wear red trousers and crevats and are stuck to Victorian tradions of socialite and ettiquette. money surprisingly often has very little to do with it. Most are bankrupt or on the verge of it.

To me it's somebody who has a well spoken non-regional accent who doesn't swear.

To Ren it's somebody with teeth! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

It seems posh means different things to different people. I've always seen posh as those twats that wear red trousers and crevats and are stuck to Victorian tradions of socialite and ettiquette. money surprisingly often has very little to do with it. Most are bankrupt or on the verge of it.

Speaking all the way from Portugal, I have a couple of posh friends from back in school. Their families are wealthy from business, maybe from two to more generations going back. They drove discrete nice fast cars , wore expensive watches but not something you would know was expensive from 10 meters away, and were well mannered to everyone, never being loud or noticeable in a gathering. They were both very cool people to spend time with, and I liked they were my friends as they're good people.

They also rode motocross or raced karts as teenagers, so there's that :classic_laugh:

Now this is my experience from Porto, which is Portugal's second biggest town, located north with a history of industry and old money. Other people's experience in Lisbon varies wildly, Lisbon is a town where old money usually comes from trade and services, and I think that makes a difference. I've met a couple of people over the last couple of years that talked a big talk while boasting of owning cars and stuff, but apparently were more bankrupt than anything else.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Sorry to disappoint you. I come from respectable families but no bloodline as such. Just a common mutt and happy to say genetically fitter as a result of it. No parochial English peasant inbreeding in me, I have blood from at least 6 national identities in me. German, Dutch, Celtic, Gaelic and French with a probability of the tar brush somewhere in there too. Ginger has at least 5% Neaderthal in him. I'm limiting mine to 3% or less.

Why would all that disappoint me? :classic_unsure:

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Sorry to disappoint you. I come from respectable families but no bloodline as such. Just a common mutt and happy to say genetically fitter as a result of it. No parochial English peasant inbreeding in me, I have blood from at least 6 national identities in me. German, Dutch, Celtic, Gaelic and French with a probability of the tar brush somewhere in there too. Ginger has at least 5% Neaderthal in him. I'm limiting mine to 3% or less.

I've seen some of those vids with people getting results of their DNA tests......and Africa and India always end up somewhere in the mix.

I don't know how accurate these tests are.....but I wouldn't take one.

Shit.....imagine the horror of finding out that you have some English DNA!?

Traumatized disgust GIF

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've seen some of those vids with people getting results of their DNA tests......and Africa and India always end up somewhere in the mix.

I don't know how accurate these tests are.....but I wouldn't take one.

Shit.....imagine the horror of finding out that you have some English DNA!?

Traumatized disgust GIF

Yeah that would be a bitch, we wouldn’t want to be cousins with the likes of a Welsh sheep shagging nation over here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Understandable......I doubt they'd want to be associated with your kind! 

Very Funny Reaction GIF

Why not I’m a very nice and polite person, I don’t cuss and swear, willing to help at the drop of a couple of grand.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bruce said:

They're various stages of vanity and corresponding jealousy. It's a yin yang thing. If you got it flaunt it - gauche, if you got more of it than them- nouveau riche. If you had it and lost it, - posh

If you never had it free housing.

I used to work with the bloke pictured below, he was related to the Queen Mother I believe and his father had been colonel of the Scots Guards. Bobby, as he was known, was super posh AND very light on his loafers. When he heard that the council's chief executive had decreed I should wear a suit when meeting councillors he replied, 'Well our chief exec is hardly an expert in sartorial elegance is he". I had to look up sartorial in a dictionary.

The last time I saw him was after he had retired. I was sitting in a trial hole speaking with a large hairy Irish road worker called Big Dick. A Jaguar rolled past and he leaned out the open window and shouted, "yoohoo Ian!". Bobby must be very old now, but still writes for the sort of Royal fan magazines they sell in the US I hear.

image.png.ebc308d76db96299dfb634e3785a2d56.png

• Like 3

On 10/02/2021 at 15:24, yen_powell said:

I used to work with the bloke pictured below, he was related to the Queen Mother I believe and his father had been colonel of the Scots Guards. Bobby, as he was known, was super posh AND very light on his loafers. When he heard that the council's chief executive had decreed I should wear a suit when meeting councillors he replied, 'Well our chief exec is hardly an expert in sartorial elegance is he". I had to look up sartorial in a dictionary.

The last time I saw him was after he had retired. I was sitting in a trial hole speaking with a large hairy Irish road worker called Big Dick. A Jaguar rolled past and he leaned out the open window and shouted, "yoohoo Ian!". Bobby must be very old now, but still writes for the sort of Royal fan magazines they sell in the US I hear.

image.png.ebc308d76db96299dfb634e3785a2d56.png

Doesn’t look anything like a peadophile does he, did you get too old for him?

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Doesn’t look anything like a peadophile does he, did you get too old for him?

We had a rough cockney sort working with us, called Big Al. Big Al was missing a belly button from a machete wound, got that during his bouncer days in south London apparently. He took a liking to Bobby and loved to hear his stories.

One day Bobby was talking about various musicians and suddenly said, "You know George Melly once tried to pick me up on a tube train." Big Al considered this for a second before replying, "What 'appened Bobby boy, d'you fall over pissed?" "Oh no." say Bobby, "I was a much better looking chap in my youth". 

• Haha 1