First Weekend in February!

XTreme

Looks like tomorrow will be my only chance to get out......though it is going to be a bit windy apparently.

1247704360_Screenshot2021-02-05083933.jpg.26c356fec22e875121a1f19d2a0f0126.jpg

Can't go far because we still have a perimetral lockdown in place......which I think is a bit harsh considering there's only been 152 cases in the last 14 days.

1896092868_Screenshot2021-02-05084342.jpg.9b033f1a77846deaa5739a4307b5d5d6.jpg

But that's what it is, and over here these measures are strictly enforced......so just got to make the best of it!

What you guys got planned?

• Like 2

Just now, Lone Amigo said:

Here I speak only for myself --
"Girls"  are completely inappropriate in my life --
There is one woman who IS appropriate,
but because she is appropriate we are still negotiating terms.
This has been true since 1960 -- and it's fine.

Wow that’s what I call a negotiation, nice one @Lone Amigo.?

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Well the six nations starts this weekend so I shall be having a rugby fest in front of the tv tomorrow and drinking cider.................

IMG_8143.thumb.jpeg.81dc6a39e960d8433e55bc992abfb580.jpeg

And I will be joining in the six nations watching whilst consuming vast quantities of cider?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Well the six nations starts this weekend so I shall be having a rugby fest in front of the tv tomorrow and drinking cider.................

IMG_8143.thumb.jpeg.81dc6a39e960d8433e55bc992abfb580.jpeg

I do like Cornish  rattler.??

• Like 2

It was a lovely sunny day today (Friday) and so I got Bagheera out and about.  Charlotte has been getting all the love this past week.  I plan on riding her tomorrow (Saturday).  ?

Having two bikes is like having your cake and eating it too, so they say... I just eat the cake if I want the cake, but not too much cake... I don't really like cake anymore, honestly, the cake can just piss off.  ? Two bikes just rocks.  ?

I feel very fortunate, I better watch it or I will be having too much fun soon.  :littleguy:

B67F1F4F-6290-4C52-9AB8-7DC634DAFA3B_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Have you tried windpower? Never mind. :littleguy:

This reminded me of this, many years ago i was involved with the installation of a small wind turbine to help power some remote containers to transmit telemetry from the elan valley to the control hub 45 miles south as the crow fly's, it was supposed to be a state of the art wind turbine. I was called back up there a few months later as they were having problems with a diesel generator, when i asked how the wind turbine was doing they said it failed in the first two weeks as the propeller blades blew off, they found one of them about half a mile away :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

Got to fit a new heater element to the washing machine this morn if I want to get my work stuff clean. Fingers crossed it haven't taken the control board with it when it shorted like the 2 year old Bosch did.
Used to love fitting German made parts but it seems even Bosch are now getting stuff made of chinesseim.

• Like 2

I've got to go to our workshop to pick up some documents for work on Monday, Its cold and wet not very nice out there, now do i take the van or brave the weather and take the opportunity to ride with a legitimate reason 

What a stupid fucking question see you all later

Accelerate Race Track GIF by CBeebies HQ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

The fuckers closed all the slipways! That's illegal. I'll have to go down later when the tide allows for a beach launch. How dare they. I think a strongly worded letter to the harbour master stating my ire and umbrage is called for.

Lockdown?

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Can I travel to and from my second home when alert level 4 restrictions are in place?

Travel in Wales without a reasonable excuse is an offence while alert level 4 restrictions are in place. Travelling into, out of or within Wales to visit, check, inspect, or stay in a second home or holiday home is not a reasonable excuse. 

The same rules apply to caravans, boats and other temporary accommodation.

Caravan owners will need to make arrangements with the site owners to winter-ise their caravans after alert level 4 restrictions are lifted unless there are pressing health and safety or insurance issues. Any travel on those exceptional grounds, to either a caravan or second home, must be for the purpose of dealing with the issue and be for as short a time as possible. This should not, therefore, necessitate an overnight stay.

ergo - I still have the right to access my vessel on both safety and insurance purposes. Indeed no vessel is allowed to be left for a period longer than 27 days unattended while on an open unmonitored mooring

Leaving a boat like that, unguarded, aren't you worried someone can just get to it and take it away? I assume it's simple to just tow it away without even having to bother starting it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The fuckers closed all the slipways! That's illegal. I'll have to go down later when the tide allows for a beach launch. How dare they. I think a strongly worded letter to the harbour master stating my ire and umbrage is called for.

yes dont mess about go in with both barrels :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1