We're now Officially Bad to the Bone!

XTreme

Because an American Media Corporate sent me this:

We have discovered that articles originally published on xxxxxxx are being published on your site, Adventure Motorcycles. Both text and images from xxxxxxx have been published on your site without authorization. 

We request you discontinue this practice immediately for both xxxxxxx and our other websites including xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, and xxxxxxx. 

In addition, we request that you remove the xxxxxxx “user” from your forums. Please reply to this email with confirmation you understand this request and will comply. 

If you do not reply and discontinue this practice, you will be contacted by our lawyers next and we will report your site to your hosting agency.

So I've removed two newsbots and hundreds of news articles. Bewildering when you consider all those articles had the original links on them which directed  back to their site anyway.

And it's not as if we're a commercial site using their articles to try and make money. There's no Paid Ads or Subscriptions either.......absolutely nothing like that here.

I really don't know why these companies bother to publish RSS feeds for syndication, because when you actually use them you get threats of legal action.

So we're officially Bad to the Bone now.......and we have the threats of legal action to confirm it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

You folded?

You PUSSY!!

Maybe they just didn't like being associated with user xxxx him being BellEnd et al

carolin kebekus fist GIF by 1LIVE

Plenty of other news sources out there Bruce......and a lot of their stuff wasn't particularly impressive anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Swagman doesn't fall into the nobody catagory. He falls into the Coprophagic group

Well some has to you spout so much of.

5 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Did you try asking permission?

Perhaps we were grassed by another forum.:classic_laugh:

They create the feeds for syndication......so if publishing them wasn't allowed then why create the feed?

As for being grassed by the other forum.....I doubt it very much, because they're also using them.

And taking the high ground as I always do I got @Zzr to tell them that they're likely to get their collar felt as well......so it would be advisable to remove them.

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

20 years ago Napster was a big thing!

It was an Everly Brothers song on my hard drive. Apparently Roy Orbison Inc or something similar decided I was distributing their music without a licence so they sent me a produce the licence or desist. I didn't even know it was there, some hooky collection of zillions of MP3s given to me by a neighbour. Shame, I likes a bit of Roy as well and the poor fucker had been dead a few years then.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

It was an Everly Brothers song on my hard drive. Apparently Roy Orbison Inc or something similar decided I was distributing their music without a licence so they sent me a produce the licence or desist. I didn't even know it was there, some hooky collection of zillions of MP3s given to me by a neighbour. Shame, I likes a bit of Roy as well and the poor fucker had been dead a few years then.

Bootlegging Roy Orbison's music?

Is there no level you won't stoop to Yen? :classic_laugh: