Michelle's Shopping Dilemma!

Grasshopper

Just now, XTreme said:

Are you allowed to keep the two there?

Yeah you can have one at the house and one in the car park, but fo us we have our daughter working in the office so when we moved here she sold her car and pinched the second car, I didn’t get any money from the sale of here car, looks like she is going to do the same with her triumph.???

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bruce said:

I fear this is like shoe shopping. When you guys have exhausted your repertoire, each will be revisited and in the end something else will suddenly and impulsively be bought. Ladies night anyone?

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

F800GS looks interesting Pedro!

spacer.png

i went to have a look at 650 beemer a few years ago at a bike shop in southport  and when i got there guess what bmw doing their usual trick of calling an 800 a 650 so anyway i had a sit on it and it was a damn great heavy brute couldnt get out of the shop fast enough

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i went to have a look at 650 beemer a few years ago at a bike shop in southport  and when i got there guess what bmw doing their usual trick of calling an 800 a 650 so anyway i had a sit on it and it was a damn great heavy brute couldnt get out of the shop fast enough

That's the later version of the F650GS......which became 800cc.

The original F650GS (650cc) then became the G650GS.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

That's the later version of the F650GS......which became 800cc.

The original F650GS (650cc) then became the G650GS.

this monster was yellow with black stripes didnt want to get stung so i legged it

• Haha 2

Just now, skyrider said:

it's going back probably 12 years now

it was that heavy as i was sat on the bike one of the mechanics holding on to the back of it and saying do you want to road test it, with me thinking no way on this gods earth do i want to ride this over-weight dinasour

• Like 1

This is precisely why I bought the TL1000S over to Spain to give me an alternative biking experience to the Himalayan. There are times when all common sense needs to be ignored and you need to go with your heart.

However, it’s not always plain sailing ?, it’s currently having its fueling sorted, the water pump completely overhauled, the front brake fixed and that’s before I start to sort out the compression on the rear!

............but it’s fucking mental to ride ???

0FCCD8BB-8EA9-4A6E-8AD2-6C1EFA136D35.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

This is precisely why I bought the TL1000S over to Spain to give me an alternative biking experience to the Himalayan. There are times when all common sense needs to be ignored and you need to go with your heart.

However, it’s not always plain sailing ?, it’s currently having its fueling sorted, the water pump completely overhauled, the front brake fixed and that’s before I start to sort out the compression on the rear!

............but it’s fucking mental to ride ???

0FCCD8BB-8EA9-4A6E-8AD2-6C1EFA136D35.jpeg

Don't you find the low bars and rising position a bit painful Ray?

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Don't you find the low bars and rising position a bit painful Ray?

To be honest it’s absolutely fine at 100klm plus but of course at slower speeds and through towns it’s unpleasant for long periods. However, I can overlook that because I’m very shallow and easily impressed ?

I tell you something, the seat is so much better than the monstrosity on the Himalayan ?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

To be honest it’s absolutely fine at 100klm plus but of course at slower speeds and through towns it’s unpleasant for long periods. However, I can overlook that because I’m very shallow and easily impressed ?

I tell you something, the seat is so much better than the monstrosity on the Himalayan ?

You still planning to out that?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

there is one thing that i have decided on from now on im sticking with small lightweight enduro/adventure sport single cylinder bikes 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think I’ll be keeping the Himalayan for a while longer now; it’s great around here on both tarmac and trail at a sedate pace and oh-so-cheap to run.

Once the TL is running properly I’ll have a bit of fun with it but in the end it’s got to go back to the UK as I just can’t get it onto Spanish plates due to the DVLA being less than helpful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I think I’ll be keeping the Himalayan for a while longer now; it’s great around here on both tarmac and trail at a sedate pace and oh-so-cheap to run.

Once the TL is running properly I’ll have a bit of fun with it but in the end it’s got to go back to the UK as I just can’t get it onto Spanish plates due to the DVLA being less than helpful.

What the issue with legalizing it? Being a standard bike you wouldn't have any issues bringing it to Portugal. Do you pay taxes in Spain?

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

What the issue with legalizing it? Being a standard bike you wouldn't have any issues bringing it to Portugal. Do you pay taxes in Spain?

Logistical nightmare to re-register vehicles here Pedro!

Just now, XTreme said:

Logistical nightmare to re-register vehicles here Pedro!

Here you have to have tax residency, and then a couple of forms, an inspection. Used to be 500€ for bikes, now I think it's over 1000, don't know how much.

I've never done it, but it's easy, otherwise you wouldn't see so many imported bikes on the second hand market.

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Here you have to have tax residency, and then a couple of forms, an inspection. Used to be 500€ for bikes, now I think it's over 1000, don't know how much.

I've never done it, but it's easy, otherwise you wouldn't see so many imported bikes on the second hand market.

Nothing's easy in Spain! And it gets even worse when lazy jobsworth funcionarios are involved!

30 minutes ago, skyrider said:

there is one thing that i have decided on from now on im sticking with small lightweight enduro/adventure sport single cylinder bikes 

It's the logical choice Lionel......manoeuvring half a ton of bike around is no joke in your 60's.

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nothing's easy in Spain! And it gets even worse when lazy jobsworth funcionarios are involved!

Well, it was your choice!

That kind of public clerks aren't easy here either, but they are usually better and helpful in small out of big city places. 

Whenever my admin employee needs something from social security or whatever public service, he calls a small rural town clerk instead of the local big city service. He gets 5 minutes of chat time and then he's their best friend and gets shit done, instead of the "computer says no" reply.