Michelle's Shopping Dilemma!

Grasshopper

Well I have been shopping again, I can't seem to shake the desire for another bike.  Not to replace the Himalayan, but something that provides a different experience.

I keep going full circle and end up looking at sporty street bikes.  All smooth and sexy they are......:littleguy:

WBDT7ER3VBDKJMLIJSKEG5X2R4.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well I have been shopping again, I can't seem to shake the desire for another bike.  Not to replace the Himalayan, but something that provides a different experience.

I keep going full circle and end up looking at sporty street bikes.  All smooth and sexy they are......:littleguy:

WBDT7ER3VBDKJMLIJSKEG5X2R4.jpg

Low bars though Michelle! 

24 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

Different experience? Butt reliability?

The Mandanoirian has authorized me to suggest the Honda CBR650 FOUR CYLINDERS, especially the cbr650f .

Why thank you for your suggestions, they are appreciated from such a wise individual.  ?

I have looked at those for sure.  The CBR650 is nice.  The 4 cylinder does sound good and it is super smooth....

But the 500's are on "special" right now.  The CBR500R is sexy, but I might go with the naked version, CB500F

2019-Honda-CB500F-First-Look-sport-motorcycle-2.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

2cylinder 500 with 45ish horsepower
vs.
4cylinder 650 with 85ish horsepower for only 12 kilos of weight difference.

That's a huge power difference for bikes that essentially weight the same.

so, when you lay your money down
you can plonk
or you can zonk.

(Going to be a real contrast, whatever you decide, and Tym's Laws of Bike Acquisition/ non-Ferengi variant are not even close to being in full play yet!)

Life is short.
Now is not the time to hesitate..

I am not looking for HP.... Anything will feel fast compared to my Himalayan. ?  

Sometimes I like more balance between power and weight.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Handle bars you mean?

I'm going for a more up right position, not so much leaning on the bars and tank.

The CBR500R has that......

ah i can see that you liked the photos that were posted of one ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone Amigo said:

Different experience? Butt reliability?

The Mandanoirian has authorized me to suggest the Honda CBR650 FOUR CYLINDERS, especially the cbr650f .

Should my life ever return to a more normal level of adult fitness, mine would be black --

or maybe the red. It is stunning.
image.png.28fbae2cbcd66a65742baa715e6232ba.png

remember this will be a lot heavier ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Why thank you for your suggestions, they are appreciated from such a wise individual.  ?

I have looked at those for sure.  The CBR650 is nice.  The 4 cylinder does sound good and it is super smooth....

But the 500's are on "special" right now.  The CBR500R is sexy, but I might go with the naked version, CB500F

2019-Honda-CB500F-First-Look-sport-motorcycle-2.jpg

you couldn't go off road with this

Just now, skyrider said:

Michelle wants something road only Lionel......but I bet she regrets it.

Because I reckon she'll be out and about on it and see some track or path she wants to check out......and ends up wishing she had the RE with her.

Now if she went for a DR650 or a F/G650GS (which will do everything on the road the CB500 will do)......she wouldn't be limited.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

That is what my Himalayan is for.......I want both worlds ?

If I get a more street geared bike then I can make the Himalayan even more dirt worthy.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Because I reckon she'll be out and about on it and see some track or path she wants to check out......and ends up wishing she had the RE with her.

Now if she went for a DR650 or a F/G650GS (which will do everything on the road the CB500 will do)......she wouldn't be limited.

quite right

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

That is what my Himalayan is for.......I want both worlds ?

If I get a more street geared bike then I can make the Himalayan even more dirt worthy.

It's too heavy Michelle......it weighs the same as my Beemer!

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I think when I leave home with driving up the coast on the twisty corners on a warm sunny day when the tarmac is just right I will be happy to be on a street bike.  Then the next day I go out with dirt on the mind and that only.

I am at an age now where I can control my urges and when I set out with a plan I follow through.... :littleguy:  There is room for both fun times! 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's too heavy Michelle......it weighs the same as my Beemer!

It's too heavy for you because your an old duffer, just remember Michelle is a spring chicken fit and healthy ready to take on the world not ready to leave it behind :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just to add to the mass of men with an opinion, what exactly is the intent of this bike, will it go on motorways for any distance? Would you like sporty or smooth, engine wise? Ideal cruising speed?

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's too heavy for you because your an old duffer, just remember Michelle is a spring chicken fit and healthy ready to take on the world not ready to leave it behind :classic_laugh: 

Says the man who still hasn't mastered how to go up and down steps without a grownup holding him! :littleguy:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Says the man who still hasn't mastered how to go up and down steps without a grownup holding him! :littleguy:

I've mastered going down them its just not a very elegant way and the pain in my back and elbows should be gone in a few weeks :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Grasshopper's Ride The only advice i can give you is to get out there and test ride bikes then pick one on the results of that. By all means take advice on what issues or what to look out for on a bike. Only you can decide what you like and want.

I remember all my mates telling not to buy a YZ490 to use as a trail bike 30 odd years ago saying it wouldn't work and i was crazy, you know shit like that. But because they dismissed it so much it just made me want it more, so i bought it and after a few days on it i realised all the stuff my mates were telling me turned out to be total horse shit i'd never had such an adrenalin rush on a bike, even when it tried to kill me which was most of the time i still loved riding it. It only managed to break my collar bone but i was back on it as soon as i could. Yes it needed lots of maintenance and went through a tank of fuel almost as quick as a tube of autosol in Pete's hands but i'm glad i didn't listen to my mates and followed what my heart wanted it was great fun 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lone Amigo said:

@Sir Fallsalot

The YZ465 would have been a better choice ...

You didn't see many 465's about over here and the 490 i got was registered for the street so i could ride it anywhere i wanted straight from my door which is one of the things that attracted me to it. 

this is the only photo i have of it. I'd given it a hard life wish i'd looked after it more and kept it.

11737925_987287284636040_3121905038670152999_n.jpg.80fdcfc87e2266803f4b606570fec8e2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1