New boots, the question, to tuck, or not to tuck.

Tym

2 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

I am the Tym Whisperer ---

What he said was that his town is so little that he doesn't really have any shops in town. The major intersections are 3 highway interchanges and a corner with a McDonalds.  The nation of independent shopkeepers we once were is no more.

Thats sorted that one. Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Lone Amigo said:

I am the Tym Whisperer ---

What he said was that his town is so little that he doesn't really have any shops in town. The major intersections are 3 highway interchanges and a corner with a McDonalds.  The nation of independent shopkeepers we once were is no more.

I nominate you for that position, think of it as a service to everyone.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

No tuck for me but the kickstart going up the trouser leg when putting your foot down can be a problem some times :classic_laugh:

That isn't cool because you're like a lame duck with a kickstart sticking inside your pants laying in mud under your bike. I think the tuck is cool sometimes, but these "sometimes" obeys to rules:

Rule 1: you need to be cool to pull it off, mean @Grasshopper's Ride or Ewan McGregor can pull it off, doesn´t mean you can! Think about it, look at them, do you think you're as cool as them? 

99659D05-2126-4F2D-BEC7-F08317BF29A6_1_201_a.jpeg

image.png.9efec76466d74303f78fedfe85e3ebfc.png

Get real, more likely is you can´t be as cool as them. Look at Ewan standing next to an uncool dude, it's him making the look look cool and not the other way around, plus he's wearing Sidi motocross boots with a classy stitched sole (classy!!!) on the outside, would you wear those with leather pants? No, you wouldn't, because you're not cool like him. Then look back at Michelle standing next to an 80's Honda, she's a girl and that's an uncool bike, but that doesn't matter if you're Michelle, are you as cool? Hell no, you are not!

Just be happy and celebrate our differences instead of being an uncool "tucked in". Better be the 80% cool you think you are than being uncool. Uncool isn't cool, you don't want to be uncool!

Rule number 2: Most of all, more than being cool, is being yourself! And if you are yourself, it means you are cool! Michelle and Ewan McGregor are cool because they're being themselves, not because they are pretending to be cool people. That's cool, unless you're not.

Rule number 3:  Unless you are not cool by nature! Boom, there you go!!! I just blew your mind! In that case, you can never be cool. But if you are uncool by nature, you can just wait it out a little bit and fashion will change, then you'll be cool. 

Unless you're not.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That isn't cool because you're like a lame duck with a kickstart sticking inside your pants laying in mud under your bike. I think the tuck is cool sometimes, but these "sometimes" obeys to rules:

Rule 1: you need to be cool to pull it off, mean @Grasshopper's Ride or Ewan McGregor can pull it off, doesn´t mean you can! Think about it, look at them, do you think you're as cool as them? 

Get real, more likely is you can´t be as cool as them. Look at Ewan standing next to an uncool dude, it's him making the look look cool and not the other way around, plus he's wearing Sidi motocross boots with a classy stitched sole (classy!!!) on the outside, would you wear those with leather pants? No, you wouldn't, because you're not cool like him. Then look back at Michelle standing next to an 80's Honda, she's a girl and that's an uncool bike, but that doesn't matter if you're Michelle, are you as cool? Hell no, you are not!

Just be happy and celebrate our differences instead of being an uncool "tucked in". Better be the 80% cool you think you are than being uncool. Uncool isn't cool, you don't want to be uncool!

Rule number 2: Most of all, more than being cool, is being yourself! And if you are yourself, it means you are cool! Michelle and Ewan McGregor are cool because they're being themselves, not because they are pretending to be cool people. That's cool, unless you're not.

Rule number 3:  Unless you are not cool by nature! Boom, there you go!!! I just blew your mind! In that case, you can never be cool. But if you are uncool by nature, you can just wait it out a little bit and fashion will change, then you'll be cool. 

Unless you're not.

Have you just been possessed by Tym or am i missing something LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

There are rules, Fred, and there is a natural coolness factor, everything is to be considered. It's no joke.

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

jeans tucked in is a ridiculous look ... dont do it.

Or if you do please take some photos and post them on here so you can be properly ridiculed ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Unless you're not.

Pedro, you have such wisdom and a wonderful way of wording things.... ?

So when does the 2021 MOTY nominations start?  

To see coolness and to know coolness is cool, but to be coolness is the way. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Pedro is just sharing his wonderful sense of observation!  :littleguy::classic_laugh:.

Tym isn't the only smart one here......LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

To see coolness and to know coolness is cool, but to be coolness is the way. ?

Indeed, Grasshopper!

What most people don't know is that if you are yourself you are cool, regardless if others are aware of this at the time or not. This is the unfairness of coolness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

So when does the 2021 MOTY nominations start?  

Probably in 11 months, but just keep that one close to your chest just in case 

John Cusack Film GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Pedro is just sharing his wonderful sense of observation!  :littleguy::classic_laugh:.

Tym isn't the only smart one here......LOL

I think that is a mixed compliment

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I think that is a mixed compliment

Makes perfect sense unless you feel your "wonderful sense of observation" has nothing to do with being smart.

:wave:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Not to be rude butt, who is who, i dont know these people...sure log way around ya i know, the dudes belt size...still dont know their names, why people know them, etc...dot dot dot.

I just realized i dont care who;s who; nevermind.

:classic_unsure:

9 minutes ago, Tym said:

Not to be rude butt, who is who, i dont know these people...sure log way around ya i know, the dudes belt size...still dont know their names, why people know them, etc...dot dot dot.

I just realized i dont care who;s who; nevermind.

:classic_unsure:

McGregor is known because he played Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars, or formerly by his role in "Trainspotting" ( a film), which is very relevant in UK culture as they really drink a lot ( I do too). He really is a great actor.

He's the one with the Sidi motocross boots on the outside