Another Lockdown Coming?

XTreme

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

A lot of Mazarron is holiday homes isn't it?

Not that many considering, it’s pretty much an old mining community so plenty of full-time locals. Many of the holiday homes are owned by the Spanish from Madrid, Albacete, Murcia City and Cartagena.

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Not that many considering, it’s pretty much an old mining community so plenty of full-time locals. Many of the holiday homes are owned by the Spanish from Madrid, Albacete, Murcia City and Cartagena.

Is it round there that has that big estate virtually empty where there's been subsidence?

Only been to Mazarron once.....back in 2005.

Is this in Mazarron?

FILE1780.JPG.55ddb32cca652e0951d9e34ac165f1a6.JPG

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

No return to perimetral or regional movement restrictions for us! :dancebanana:

Still confined to Andalucia......but that's fine because Andalucia stretches from where we live right up to the border with Portugal.

Regional authorities on Friday tightened existing restrictions. Travel between the eight provinces of Andalusia will be allowed, but entry in and out of the region is no longer permitted. The overnight curfew starting time is being brought forward to 10pm from 11pm, and social gatherings are limited to six people. Shops must close by 8pm, and bars and restaurants by 6pm. This rule does not apply to cafés which can remain open until 8pm, as long as they don’t serve alcohol.

And @Skippy......looks like you're still under a perimetral restriction.

The Murcia government announced on Thursday that it will keep the region under a perimetral lockdown. The nighttime curfew, previously between 11pm and 6am, will now start at 10pm, and there continues to be a six-person limit on social gatherings.

Source

You’re Lucky we’re confined to barracks here, London is about fucked, hospitals at bursting, don’t look good at the moment, record hospitalisation infection and deaths over here.??

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

Is it round there that has that big estate virtually empty where there's been subsidence?

Only been to Mazarron once.....back in 2005.

Is this in Mazarron?

FILE1780.JPG.55ddb32cca652e0951d9e34ac165f1a6.JPG

That’s the seafront at the port before loads of upgrades etc. The other place you’re referring to is t empty it’s got a much higher occupancy rate than any other urbanisation. A few parts have subsidence issues.

• Like 1

I saw this on Twitter tweeted by Nick Ferrari........one of the fucking idiot announcers on LBC!

He was ranting on about the Covid restrictions and said "We didn't close pubs and theatres during the war".

An NHS Hospital Doctor replied: "I was unaware that pubs and theatres were a breeding ground for the Luftwaffe".

ricky gervais laughing GIF

• Haha 3

Today was Portugal's worse covid day ever, with 156 deaths. On friday we'll go into lockdown for a minimum of 2 weeks. 

This lockdown means no restaurants or cafes or other such locations are open except for takeaway and deliveries. Also people have the duty to not go out for pleasure, to work from home whenever possible, and council borders might be checked by the police for people crossing them with no need to do so.

Walking pets and exercising is ok unless it's a group, though.

It all sounds very reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Today was Portugal's worse covid day ever, with 156 deaths. On friday we'll go into lockdown for a minimum of 2 weeks. 

This lockdown means no restaurants or cafes or other such locations are open except for takeaway and deliveries. Also people have the duty to not go out for pleasure, to work from home whenever possible, and council borders might be checked by the police for people crossing them with no need to do so.

Walking pets and exercising is ok unless it's a group, though.

It all sounds very reasonable.

Apparently 1564 deaths in Britain today! 

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But.....was it 1564 deaths across the board of everything which I'd suggest it probably is or just from covid which I honestly cant believe it being that high they are doing more scaremongering to try to justify this 3rd lockdown 

• Like 1

Just now, Richzx6r said:

But.....was it 1564 deaths across the board of everything which I'd suggest it probably is or just from covid which I honestly cant believe it being that high they are doing more scaremongering to try to justify this 3rd lockdown 

That's the figure I saw reported from a number of news sources as Covid related deaths.

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's not a race, though :classic_laugh:, and I think the UK should have 5 or 6 times the population of Portugal.

It takes very little to make our urgent care fold, it's quite worrisome even though I admit might be a step down from the UK.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's the figure I saw reported from a number of news sources as Covid related deaths.

I honestly dont believe a word of it, yes its worse than the common flu but unless you have something seriously wrong with you then you will be ok, all this scaremongering and treating every death as covid just because its easier has to stop it just unnecessarily worries the population 

12 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I honestly dont believe a word of it, yes its worse than the common flu but unless you have something seriously wrong with you then you will be ok, all this scaremongering and treating every death as covid just because its easier has to stop it just unnecessarily worries the population 

Dude, that's a stupid thing to say. 

Only people having trouble have "something seriously wrong" already? Crack a book!

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's not a race, though :classic_laugh:, and I think the UK should have 5 or 6 times the population of Portugal.

It takes very little to make our urgent care fold, it's quite worrisome even though I admit might be a step down from the UK.

And i think we are a lot more densely populated here as well which don't help

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Dude, that's a stupid thing to say. 

Only people having trouble have "something seriously wrong" already? Crack a book!

Do you not agree that there is alot of scaremongering going on with these death figures or do you believe that those with the power wouldn't be so scrupulous as to how can I say it....make things up as they go along 

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

And i think we are a lot more densely populated here as well which don't help

Surely, it doesn't.

The UK had 275 people per km in 2019, Portugal had 111 for the same year, I just looked it up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Do you not agree that there is alot of scaremongering going on with these death figures or do you believe that those with the power wouldn't be so scrupulous as to how can I say it....make things up as they go along 

I would have thought they'd under report to make it look like they'd got a better grip on it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I agree that power in any form is something that is always difficult for governments and leaders to give back once they get it. They get a state of emergency and are not easily convinced to give it back, that happens because power corrupts most people and politicians and governments aren't exempt to it. 

I believe death statistics in european countries to be accurate, there might be a day or two error sometimes but overall I think they are accurate.

I also think that whoever thinks covid only seriously affects the already ill or old is an idiot and someone that ironically proves the need of governments to order people to take care. If a significant number of people in the UK think that covid is still a sick people's sickness it might go to explain other opinions that UK people as a whole have expressed lately.

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I agree that power in any form is something that is always difficult for governments and leaders to give back once they get it. They get a state of emergency and are not easily convinced to give it back, that happens because power corrupts most people and politicians and governments aren't exempt to it. 

I believe death statistics in european countries to be accurate, there might be a day or two error sometimes but overall I think they are accurate.

I also think that whoever thinks covid only seriously affects the already ill or old is an idiot and someone that ironically proves the need of governments to order people to take care. If a significant number of people in the UK think that covid is still a sick people's sickness it might go to explains other opinions that UK people as a whole have expressed lately.

Being someone who has had the virus at the start of last year yes it's a naughty one but I do believe that those who are in power are over estimating the death statistics I never said it was serious I purely stated that it mainly kills those who already have underlying issues and normally those who are otherwise fit and healthy shouldn't be affected by it long term

46 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Tell that to the Lady in the Rhondda who had to attend the funeral of her husband and two grown up sond who all died of it within 5 days of each other .

There were 75,000 extra deaths in 2020 compared to the previous year.

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Tell that to the Lady in the Rhondda who had to attend the funeral of her husband and two grown up sond who all died of it within 5 days of each other .

There were 75,000 extra deaths in 2020 compared to the previous year.

Yeh I saw that.....it was tragic!

Talked to a 23 or 25 year old girl who works for one of my client's today. She is fit and does sports.

She had covid for a couple of weeks, and the following lung infection left her in bed for a month and a half unable to stand up or speak more than 4 words without stoping for a breath. She's fine now, but can't run or climb stairs without having to catch her breath.

Same with athletes, they bounce back to "normal" but for months are left debilitated compared to their previous state.

Every sickness is best handled by very healthy and fit young people, that's just fucking common sense. So what?

Seriously, a young athlete copes better than an old and debilitated person or someone with a chronic sickness, what kind of idiot thinks this is relevant and should be viewed as an indicator that people and over reacting? Should we ease off on cancer treatment as well since it's deadlier on older people?

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Talked to a 23 or 25 year old girl who works for one of my client's today. She is fit and does sports.

She had covid for a couple of weeks, and the following lung infection left her in bed for a month and a half unable to stand up or speak more than 4 words without stoping for a breath. She's fine now, but can't run or climb stairs without having to catch her breath.

Same with athletes, they bounce back to "normal" but for months are left debilitated compared to their previous state.

Every sickness is best handled by very healthy and fit young people, that's just fucking common sense. So what?

Seriously, a young athlete copes better than an old and debilitated person or someone with a chronic sickness, what kind of idiot thinks this is relevant and should be viewed as an indicator that people and over reacting? Should we ease off on cancer treatment as well since it's deadlier on older people?

I too went from having covid and within days as @xtreme and @swagman can testify to a kidney infection so I know first hand that it's a naughty virus as does @Swagman and no I'm not saying anything about cancer as it's not the topic.

What I'm talking about is the scaremongering and those who write the death certificate putting covid19 as cause of death when actually it was a heart attack that killed said person just because the person who died tested positive for the virus, doing this would manipulate the the death statistics and give a false impression of the real death toll of people due to covid 

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

I’m sorry Rich can’t agree with you, have you not seen the younger and fit people who have died, I can’t believe a man of your intelligence would say that, speaking as someone who knows what this can do to you I say it is very bad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

I too went from having covid and within days as @xtreme and @swagman can testify to a kidney infection so I know first hand that it's a naughty virus as does @Swagman and no I'm not saying anything about cancer as it's not the topic.

What I'm talking about is the scaremongering and those who write the death certificate putting covid19 as cause of death when actually it was a heart attack that killed said person just because the person who died tested positive for the virus, doing this would manipulate the the death statistics and give a false impression of the real death toll of people due to covid 

You hit the nail on the head when you said about the kidney infection. It's not just the primary viral infection that does damage, it's the secondary stuff too - it could be that if you were less fit or had an underlying kidney problem that you'd be on the slab.

I don't know about you but my heart was pounding for a couple of days - that's the kind of shit that can kill someone with a weak heart.

The extra workload the virus puts on your body is massive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

You hit the nail on the head when you said about the kidney infection. It's not just the primary viral infection that does damage, it's the secondary stuff too - it could be that if you were less fit or had an underlying kidney problem that you'd be on the slab.

I don't know about you but my heart was pounding for a couple of days - that's the kind of shit that can kill someone with a weak heart.

The extra workload the virus puts on your body is massive.

You had it as well Ian?