Mine's only on 37K kms......

XTreme

On 24/09/2020 at 09:26, XTreme said:

Looks like it's going to be the week after next that it's available.......because there's a waiting list to get ITV's (MOT's) done due to the Covid shutdown.

And you can probably guess that it's going to be the G650GS.......the CRF250L would be better offroad for sure, but onroad it would struggle because of the distance I need to go to reach the abandoned shit.

I've done nearly all of the closer stuff......from now on it's going to be an hour or two to get to them. Doing that on a CRF (and I'd need to access motorways) would be hard going.

So it stacks up like this.......2007 DL650 38K kms + €1500 =

2015 BMW G650GS with 19K kms, 1 year warranty, 2 years ITV (MOT).

It's a no-brainer......I sell the Strom for what I paid for it 15 months ago, and the €1500 cash difference  equates to 9 weeks Pension.

That's been going into a separate Bank account and hasn't been touched.......so literally there's nothing coming out of my normal money.

Like I said.....it's a no-brainer!

Had the 850GSA as a loan bike earlier today. Sweet.  That's Tewksbury on the River Severn.

IMG_2579.thumb.jpeg.947d14b67caa97e073413a742c075a2b.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Did you find it a lot lighter than yours @Specs?

It didn’t feel a lot lighter but probably moved around more in the wind. Conventional suspension so dived a bit on braking and I found that I had to mess with the suspension setting as whoever had it before me must have had a worse back than me - very soft setup causing it to wallow like an overloaded ship. Ergonomically very similar to mine although I fancied that the handlebars were a tad narrower. I liked it, but prefer mine, especially now that I’ve got a different seat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

Easy to put on a few pounds and not notice. :classic_unsure:

The Adv models are always heavier......which has never made any sense to me because those are the ones that are theoretically more offroad capable.

Goes with the territory, Advernture riders are always heavier and are also theoretically more offroad capable. Extra padding prevents rib contusions i hear

i wouldnt know this still hurts btw i cant believe i dint break anything.

Now to the dictionary to look up compassion.

:wave:

• Haha 2

Pete, sounds to me that the CRF is the way to go for your biking needs. A mate of mine has one here and another mate has one in the UK. They are as capable as you’ll need off road and the bloke in the UK did a weeks road trip with a collection of 600cc dirt bikes and wasn’t embarrassed.

Great bikes. You could always push the boat out and go for the Rally version?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Pete, sounds to me that the CRF is the way to go for your biking needs. A mate of mine has one here and another mate has one in the UK. They are as capable as you’ll need off road and the bloke in the UK did a weeks road trip with a collection of 700 dirt bikes and wasn’t embarrassed.

Great bikes. You could always push the boat out and go for the Rally version?

You missed the update Ray......the CRF is out of the picture.