Last Weekend in April!

XTreme

After our little walk down to the boulangerie to get bread and have a coffee, I got Mandy's Bonneville out of the garage and put some tubing onto the float bowl drains to check the float heights.  Seemed that the fuel level was too high in both. Adjusting them was a PITA! Trying to make fine adjustments by bending a metal tab is prehistoric! The only way to bend the tabs was to remove the floats and float valves, bend the tab, put it all back together and check. Rinse and repeat multiple times until the levels look vaguely right. It wasn't helped by the high winds and rain showers here today. Anyway, I think I'll try to run the bike, once all the fuel spilt over the engine has evaporated! Maybe tomorrow, if the weather is OK.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Working on carbs can be a proper ball ache but satisfying once you get it done.

It's been a hell of a long time since I last worked on carbs! I remember why I prefer FI now! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Working on carbs can be a proper ball ache but satisfying once you get it done.

😂  Don't remind me!. 😂 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Clive said:

😂  Don't remind me!. 😂 

My only interaction with Carbs has been tickling a couple of Amals in 1971 and 1972.

Obviously I didn't do it that well because the POS Triumph and BSA still didn't start.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, busabeast said:

that does depend on how Leo sleeps because he's already cutting teeth

Cutting teeth at a week old?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Reading the Iliad as well.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Great news , it will be good to see Gary out again.  Is he still on his Serow ?

It's a strange one hes got a mate with a bit of cash by the sounds of it who owns a few CRF250L's amongst other things, Gary was having a few electrical issues with the serow so his mate said give me the serow to restore and you can use one of the CRF's. Gary doesn't know if he will be getting the serow back once restored or keeping the CRF the CRF is registered in his name he said it don't matter to him which way it goes because it's not cost him a penny

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

It's a strange one hes got a mate with a bit of cash by the sounds of it who owns a few CRF250L's amongst other things, Gary was having a few electrical issues with the serow so his mate said give me the serow to restore and you can use one of the CRF's. Gary doesn't know if he will be getting the serow back once restored or keeping the CRF the CRF is registered in his name he said it don't matter to him which way it goes because it's not cost him a penny

Sounds like a great deal to me, the CRF will suit him perfectly.  A lot easier to ride off road than a GN400 :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

He is yeah, the poor little bugger, and there's fuck all we can give him for the pain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

He's on the 1% club tonight .

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

He is yeah, the poor little bugger, and there's fuck all we can give him for the pain

Mine were all around 5 to 6 months from what I can remember!

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Mine were all around 5 to 6 months from what I can remember!

Yeah that's the normal for teething but he's decided to be different 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Sounds like a great deal to me, the CRF will suit him perfectly.  A lot easier to ride off road than a GN400 :classic_laugh:

You know Gary he likes small light bikes so he was complaining about the weight LOL  He also has a cb250 that hes using like the GN hasn't changed at all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1