Professor Wankstain's science thread

@Buckster out of interest where do you get the 5000 years, or whatever it is, that you are working to as the age of the earth. Apologies if you have explained this before and I’ve missed it. 

3 minutes ago, Nute said:

@Buckster out of interest where do you get the 5000 years, or whatever it is, that you are working to as the age of the earth. Apologies if you have explained this before and I’ve missed it. 

his imaginary friend told him.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Nute said:

Bible chronology puts the age of the earth to be at least 6000 years, the flood at around 4500 years ago. Despite all this young earth stuff, 6000 years is old but you have been conditioned to think in millions and billions of years by people who present unsustainable theories as facts.

29 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Bible chronology puts the age of the earth to be at least 6000 years, the flood at around 4500 years ago. Despite all this young earth stuff, 6000 years is old but you have been conditioned to think in millions and billions of years by people who present unsustainable theories as facts.

And because something is written in a book it must be the truth and nothing but the truth..... 

The bible is a load of made up fantasy shite that was put together purely to control those who couldn't read and write and instill fear in them to keep them doing as they were told.

And those who believe it is the whole truth are just extremists and need very closely watching 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Do you have a link to how this age is arrived at, or can you elaborate?

• Like 1

From what I can make out, @Otto von Jizzmark and @Nute seem to have the same POV based on Science? Is that right?

But @Buckster has an opposing view based on Religion!

And @zzzak has another opposing view based on his conspiracy research!

So we've got 4 different people.....but 3 different POV's. Is that right?

Anybody else want to join in with yet another POV?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

From what I can make out, @Otto von Jizzmark and @Nute seem to have the same POV based on Science? Is that right?

I would just like to add that I am a Christian, my questions are not motivated by some sort of anti religious viewpoint. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My point of view is that religion has no place in the world these days, with the advent of widespread education it is now only the brain dead who believe what is written.

Science has a place as it allows us to know how old things are and how things are made.

Not believing that some made up friend made everything just means the believer hasn't quite grown up yet

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

i dont know enough long words that a short word  would suffice... to be able to join in with this conker fight.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i dont know enough long words that a short word  would suffice... to be able to join in with this conker fight.

Just call somebody a cunt like you usually do.....that should cover all the bases!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I believe that Cider is the be all and end all 

Hard Cider GIF by Celtic Marches

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I believe that Cider is the be all and end all 

Hard Cider GIF by Celtic Marches

Now that I can agree with, it's scientifically been proven

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nute said:

Do you have a link to how this age is arrived at, or can you elaborate?

It is extrapolated from the genealogy in the bible. See here.

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

My point of view is that religion has no place in the world these days, with the advent of widespread education it is now only the brain dead who believe what is written.

Science has a place as it allows us to know how old things are and how things are made.

Not believing that some made up friend made everything just means the believer hasn't quite grown up yet

You have every right to your point of view, I respect your right to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Hmm it's a load of old made up bollocks that they used to scare the poor and uneducated masses nothing more nothing less.

Just now, busabeast said:

Hmm it's a load of old made up bollocks that they used to scare the poor and uneducated masses nothing more nothing less.

That’s exactly what evolution theory is.

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

thats only relevant if  believe the bible ..... 

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Sounds like Brexit to me!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

thats only relevant if  believe the bible ..... 

Evolution requires just as much faith, possibly more given all the gaps in it.

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Evolution requires just as much faith, possibly more given all the gaps in it.

Are these the 'gaps' that exist because of the lack of intermediary forms between fish and cows, or beetles and chickens, Buckster? Perhaps if you stopped self-educating from the bastardised versions of evolutionary theory peddled on fatuous creationist websites we would stand a chance of having a conversation with you that rose above the imbecilic. 

2 minutes ago, Otto von Jizzmark said:

Are these the 'gaps' that exist because of the lack of intermediary forms between fish and cows, or beetles and chickens, Buckster? Perhaps if you stopped self-educating from the bastardised versions of evolutionary theory peddled on fatuous creationist websites we would stand a chance of having a conversation with you that rose above the imbecilic. 

Wow, you really are very angry that someone can believe something different from you. Transitional fossils or rather their lack thereof are a huge problem for evolution, then of course there are things like biological tissue being found in dinosaur remains, massive problem. Dating based on assumptions, just show me one study where a rock has been dated using radiometric dating, accurately to it’s known age.

You need to calm down now, don’t give yourself an aneurism.

I am convinced from my own research and the issues in scientific theory on the subject that the earth is in the region of 8000 years old and I appreciate that you have faith that it is 4.5 billion years old and I am okay with you being wrong.

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Wow, you really are very angry that someone can believe something different from you. Transitional fossils or rather their lack thereof are a huge problem for evolution, then of course there are things like biological tissue being found in dinosaur remains, massive problem. Dating based on assumptions, just show me one study where a rock has been dated using radiometric dating, accurately to it’s known age.

You need to calm down now, don’t give yourself an aneurism.

I am convinced from my own research and the issues in scientific theory on the subject that the earth is in the region of 8000 years old and I appreciate that you have faith that it is 4.5 billion years old and I am okay with you being wrong.

Well if nothing else you are consistent: You have just as much talent for remotely diagnosing my mood as you have for science! 🤣 Perhaps if you started by deciding if you're playing the man or the ball you might do better, because you've had a couple of pretty feeble stabs at both so far without success.  

The 'lack' of transitional fossils is in no way a 'huge problem for evolution', Buckster. Let us not forget that a couple of weeks ago you fervently believed (and for all I know probably still do believe) that evolutionary theory allowed for fish to evolve into cows, which immediately raises the question of whether you would even recognise a transitional fossil if you saw one. And if you do want to see one, just go to the palaeontology department of the Natural History Museum and ask them to point a few out. 👍

• Haha 2