Easter ride

busabeast

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Possibly, it idles fine when it's cold but once it warms up it starts hunting/running on 3 cyl  and then the idle climbs from 1.5k to 2k rpm and blipping the throttle the revs don't drop to idle sharp that gradually come down.

I'd be surprised if its an injector issue its more a throttle body issue I think

...sounds a vacum leak possibly...maybe something dryed up..or sticking...

• Like 2

Just now, Marcel said:

...sounds a vacum leak possibly...maybe something dryed up..or sticking...

I didn't really think about a vacuum leak, could be one it's tubes has perished slightly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I didn't really think about a vacuum leak, could be one it's tubes has perished slightly 

Well if get around to the tune up faze..and still runs like this..could be something to look at...

• Like 1

Just now, Marcel said:

Well if get around to the tune up faze..and still runs like this..could be something to look at...

I did notice that at 4k it has a noticeable growl from the induction its not at any other rpm just 4k so just wondering it that could have anything to do with it as a culprit of something not being quite right 

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I did notice that at 4k it has a noticeable growl from the induction its not at any other rpm just 4k so just wondering it that could have anything to do with it as a culprit of something not being quite right 

Abnormal growl from the induction is definitely a clue..if it didn't before...have you checked your air filter...God know maybe a mouse made a nest in there...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Abnormal growl from the induction is definitely a clue..if it didn't before...have you checked your air filter...God know maybe a mouse made a nest in there...

I'll be having a look at things tonight once skyes gone to bed.

She wants her minimoto fixing up too so I'll be getting some work done on that

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I think I need to buy some pro fst to stabilise the fuel as its hunting all over the place on idle and the idle is high at 2k rpm so the throttle bodies may be slightly gummed up with lack of use.

Since we’re doing guesses, I’ll bet it’s a plug or an ignition cable :classic_laugh:

Looks like a nice Sunday morning ride.

• Like 2

Just now, Pedro said:

Since we’re doing guesses, I’ll bet it’s a plug or an ignition cable :classic_laugh:

It could well be plugs, I'll take them out tonight and gap them and give them a clean up, but it's on my list of things to get on with this evening since yesterday I gutted the garage out and organised it so I can now get around the bikes and get to my tools so that is a plus

Just now, Pedro said:

A coilpack would also explain the random non starting after having warmed up.

I hope its not a coil pack 

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Lol..nothing is impossible...but you would definitely be feeling it missing under load...if it was a spark problem...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Lol..nothing is impossible...but you would definitely be feeling it missing under load...if it was a spark problem...

Yeah it does miss but mainly when it's up to temp so could well be fouled plugs

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Yeah it does miss but mainly when it's up to temp so could well be fouled plugs

Easy way to tell...low revs.. high gears and slowly come on to it...if it's missing..you'll definitely hear the misses coming from the exaust...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Easy way to tell...low revs.. high gears and slowly come on to it...if it's missing..you'll definitely hear the misses coming from the exaust...

There is a hesitation as low rpm and the throttle response is quite snatchy, so I'll have a check over the plugs/leads and airfilter tonight and clean things up abit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Sounds like a cracked piston crown.

it sounds like his audi

• Haha 5

Just now, Six30 said:

it sounds like his audi

And the amazing thing is he didn't buy either of them from you! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Martin Scorsese Gf GIF

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

He has offered me a beemer 3 series if the audi falls through though 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

He has offered me a beemer 3 series if the audi falls through though 

Why don't you just buy a nice family car like a Mondeo or something......instead of all that upmarket shit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

Possibly, it idles fine when it's cold but once it warms up it starts hunting/running on 3 cyl  and then the idle climbs from 1.5k to 2k rpm and blipping the throttle the revs don't drop to idle sharp that gradually come down.

I'd be surprised if its an injector issue its more a throttle body issue I think

Sounds a bit like an air leak.

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why don't you just buy a nice family car like a Mondeo or something......instead of all that upmarket shit?

I beleive the man refuses to accept his role has a family man..and the fancy sport car is a reminder of his glory years...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1