Easter ride

busabeast

17 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Starter terminal as well.

Not a bad shout I'll add it to the list of things to check 

If everything checks out...and your tender is telling the battery is good and still doesn't crank...or has any capacity...don't bother taking the bike apart until you get the battery sorted...seen lots of weird shit caused by a bad battery over the years...gremlins...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marcel said:

Have you got any cranking power...I haven't read the hole thing..?

Yeah I put the optimate on it for a few hours and it recovered the battery no problem, when I fired it up last night after cleaning the air filter and other bits it didn't struggle at all so it must be sensitive to a low battery.

I'll get it out today and run it up to temp to see if the idle has returned to normal 

• Like 2

Well just ran the bike for a while and it's still hunting all over the place and running on 3 cyl, I think new plugs are in need and maybe a bit of balancing of the throttle bodies. 

Bob how much would you guys charge for balancing?

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Well just ran the bike for a while and it's still hunting all over the place and running on 3 cyl, I think new plugs are in need and maybe a bit of balancing of the throttle bodies. 

We haven't got the equipment to balance multi-cylinder carb set ups (Ducati's only)

• Like 1

Just now, boboneleg said:

We haven't got the equipment to balance multi-cylinder carb set ups (Ducati's only)

Ahh ok mate no bother 

14 hours ago, busabeast said:

17119157871096396793824490713344.thumb.jpg.0c9d1be7107dae2ab2310f515621a2dd.jpg

Well that's some horrible looking cruddy shite, not so sure it's meant to look like that

17119159542618463351975070418321.thumb.jpg.8180c0a8ad0bdeda82412bc628684719.jpg

looks to be from the crankcase breather 

thats when you shit yourself when you open it up

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Six30 said:

thats when you shit yourself when you open it up

To be fair I opened it up a few times yesterday and I didn't shit myself, could well have been from the first ride of the year though 

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

You might be able to do it with a two Carburettor Synchronizer if its all you can get, on my CB1000 the carbs were in pairs so you could balance each pair first, the two left together and then the two right and then once your happy with them balance  the two middle carbs job done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You might be able to do it with a two Carburettor Synchronizer if its all you can get, on my CB1000 the carbs were in pairs so you could balance each pair first, the two left together and then the two right and then once your happy with them balance  the two middle carbs job done

Edit

i forgot your injection might be the same principle though 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Edit

i forgot your injection might be the same principle though 

Yeah its injection, id guess it just wants using abit more than 3 or 4 times a year!

It may sort itself out with a few tanks of fuel through it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Yeah its injection, id guess it just wants using abit more than 3 or 4 times a year!

It may sort itself out with a few tanks of fuel through it

Try one of the injector cleaning additives it might help. You've prompted me to start mine now as i haven't for a few months and last time it was carbs off on the old Africa twin i don't want to be doing that again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Try one of the injector cleaning additives it might help. You've prompted me to start mine now as i haven't for a few months and last time it was carbs off on the old Africa twin i don't want to be doing that again.

Yeah they really don't like sitting do they, this year I have to get out at least twice a month 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

Yeah they really don't like sitting do they, this year I have to get out at least twice a month 

That's the petrol for you. 30 years ago i had my brothers MZ125 which had been standing for 5 years outside and after cleaning the points and putting a new battery on it, it kicked up and ran fine on the petrol that had been in the tank for 5 years  5 months now and you have to have your carb in bits 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's the petrol for you. 30 years ago i had my brothers MZ125 which had been standing for 5 years outside and after cleaning the points and putting a new battery on it, it kicked up and ran fine on the petrol that had been in the tank for 5 years  5 months now and you have to have your carb in bits 

That's unleaded fuel for you, that the problem with the ethanol content of the current fuel it gums up everything very quickly 

• Like 2