Easter ride

busabeast

Well I decided on a little ride out, once chain lubed

20240331_094841.thumb.jpg.ac31af5c8aa1b9f9354f0ecaf06c98d2.jpg

and tyres checked I headed off to the petrol station to put some in

20240331_102730.thumb.jpg.299b662bc5caeaedd3472d6d6288c4c9.jpg

then it was out through bowburn, coxoe and a brief stop at Fishburn airfield 

20240331_103922.thumb.jpg.9d7b6b87b5ffa6ac8b737712abdcaf51.jpg

then it was bump start the bike as i think the battery was abit unwell from being sat and not on its optimate.

Once back on the road it was a ride down the A689 to the a19, then I headed for the Yorkshire moors area wen down to Skelton then up to Saltburn by the sea

20240331_112320.thumb.jpg.0ec35888e883dc527e0a866781ba2648.jpg

after this i decided to head back home along the A174 and A19 the latter i ended up in a race of sorts with an amg merc of some description id expected him to pull in and let me past but he decided to put his foot down so I had to oblige (it's the law).

Screenshot_20240331_121415_calimoto.thumb.jpg.c74212c77f570d3a5a127e7c33a3a7fe.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, XTreme said:

Very good Rich.......except for the bump starting of course!

I'd say it's time for @Six30 to step up to the plate now!

Yeah I think the battery is getting abit weak, iv put it on the optimate now see if it revives it if it doesn't then it'll be time for a new one 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Very good Rich.......except for the bump starting of course!

I'd say it's time for @Six30 to step up to the plate now!

do you ...do you really, i'll get out when im good and ready.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

do you ...do you really, i'll get out when im good and ready.

Hmm so when would that be? 

14 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Hmm so when would that be? 

dont you go giving it large ... cause you been out once in a year....  to the petrol station to put air in your tires

• Haha 7

Just now, Six30 said:

dont you go giving it large ... cause you been out once in a year....  to the petrol station to put air in your tires

Well its once more than you it would seem, we've not seen any van action from you yet

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Well its once more than you it would seem, we've not seen any van action from you yet

i'll go out when it gets warmer.. van action coming up in may

• Haha 4

going to see if can can 2 bikes in ... would go in easy , if the fold up bed was not in it... a full report with pictures will be posted during the trial run

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i'll go out when it gets warmer.. van action coming up in may

Warmer....its definitely warm enough well at least it is up here

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Six30 said:

going to see if can can 2 bikes in ... would go in easy , if the fold up bed was not in it... a full report with pictures will be posted during the trial run

Getting another bike?

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Well I decided on a little ride out, once chain lubed

20240331_094841.thumb.jpg.ac31af5c8aa1b9f9354f0ecaf06c98d2.jpg

and tyres checked I headed off to the petrol station to put some in

20240331_102730.thumb.jpg.299b662bc5caeaedd3472d6d6288c4c9.jpg

then it was out through bowburn, coxoe and a brief stop at Fishburn airfield 

20240331_103922.thumb.jpg.9d7b6b87b5ffa6ac8b737712abdcaf51.jpg

then it was bump start the bike as i think the battery was abit unwell from being sat and not on its optimate.

Once back on the road it was a ride down the A689 to the a19, then I headed for the Yorkshire moors area wen down to Skelton then up to Saltburn by the sea

20240331_112320.thumb.jpg.0ec35888e883dc527e0a866781ba2648.jpg

after this i decided to head back home along the A174 and A19 the latter i ended up in a race of sorts with an amg merc of some description id expected him to pull in and let me past but he decided to put his foot down so I had to oblige (it's the law).

Screenshot_20240331_121415_calimoto.thumb.jpg.c74212c77f570d3a5a127e7c33a3a7fe.jpg

I use to go through Skelton every week , but not the one you went through. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Yeah I think the battery is getting abit weak, iv put it on the optimate now see if it revives it if it doesn't then it'll be time for a new one 

Excellent Rich...think your battery is most likely shot...if it didn't recover from the ride...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Excellent Rich...think your battery is most likely shot...if it didn't recover from the ride...

When I got back home it started straight back up after I'd turned it off and left it sitting for a couple minutes so I'm hoping the plates have just sulphated slightly and getting it on the optimate should recover it if it's not too far gone.

I think I need to buy some pro fst to stabilise the fuel as its hunting all over the place on idle and the idle is high at 2k rpm so the throttle bodies may be slightly gummed up with lack of use.

It also needs a service oil and filters and plugs

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Clive said:

I use to go through Skelton every week , but not the one you went through. 😂 

Which one you on about then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

When I got back home it started straight back up after I'd turned it off and left it sitting for a couple minutes so I'm hoping the plates have just sulphated slightly and getting it on the optimate should recover it if it's not too far gone.

I think I need to buy some pro fst to stabilise the fuel as its hunting all over the place on idle and the idle is high at 2k rpm so the throttle bodies may be slightly gummed up with lack of use.

Ya nothing worse for a bike than sitting...I'm fortunate to have a heated place ...it kinda slowls down the affects of sitting...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, busabeast said:

probably cobwebs

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Six30 said:

probably cobwebs

Possibly, it idles fine when it's cold but once it warms up it starts hunting/running on 3 cyl  and then the idle climbs from 1.5k to 2k rpm and blipping the throttle the revs don't drop to idle sharp that gradually come down.

I'd be surprised if its an injector issue its more a throttle body issue I think

30 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Ya nothing worse for a bike than sitting...I'm fortunate to have a heated place ...it kinda slowls down the affects of sitting...

Yeah our energy bill is already high enough without putting a heater in the garage to keep the bikes warm, maybe an old blanket might keep them both slightly warmer and stave it off slightly but I'd say just abit more use and alternating the optimate over to each bike each week