Atv workshop

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's a clever bit of kit  @Marcel , I've never seen one of those before 👍

I have. A work mate had one and forced one of the bearing racers out. Think he went a bit silly.
Got idea though.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's a clever bit of kit  @Marcel , I've never seen one of those before 👍

Wasn't to sure about the atv history and wanted to make it wasn't submerged in water by the previous owner...figure it will be a one time a year thing..think the the bearings will last forever....two wheels needed grease for sure...pumped a good 10 squeeze in one of them..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I have. A work mate had one and forced one of the bearing racers out. Think he went a bit silly.
Got idea though.

Soon has you see grease starting to push out the seal it's time to stop..

• Like 3

Removed the rear seat and left the cover in place ...found it was pushing me to forward and I was loosing  a few inches from the seat...I'll be riding mostly alone without a passenger and it only takes a few minutes to put back on..

20231206_153001.jpg

20231206_153010.jpg

20231206_153114.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Removed the rear seat and left the cover in place ...found it was pushing me to forward and I was loosing  a few inches from the seat...I'll be riding mostly alone without a passenger and it only takes a few minutes to put back on..

20231206_153001.jpg

20231206_153010.jpg

20231206_153114.jpg

Nifty little bit of storage there too, could maybe fit a couple of tools under there 

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

20231206_153001.jpg

20231206_153010.jpg

20231206_153114.jpg

Do you think a Moose might fit on there .................

arifn13-candiace-dillard.gif.7694db8f5711c0d250f1b3f189616021.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, busabeast said:

Nifty little bit of storage there too, could maybe fit a couple of tools under there 

Yes and it was a pain in the arse to access it before with the seat sitting on top...now it's a breeze...nice spot for a few tools ..papers ...beer maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

Like and Eskimo women ...baby  mooses have to be one of the cutess in the animal world but it don't last very long....

You are not helping yourself.

• Haha 1

A little about the atv....who owned it before really deck it out...front rear bumpers..2 inch suspension lift..windscreen...rear gargo box..hand and thumb warmers ...light bar...it rides really plush compared to my old can am outlander 800 ..beleive it was 2010 model..sold it when I was going through my separation...so so far so good I'm please with the purchase...was a little reluctant buying a used atv...and the fact it had such low mileage was kinda weird to me though in my mind there must be something wrong with it....after going through it with all of the service and all fluid change it looks a good machine...and to outfitted  a similar new one is well over 25 g ...so I saved quite a bitt of dosh..

20231208_071056.jpg

20231208_071110.jpg

• Like 2