Indian

Six30

2 hours ago, Nute said:

Used to have, it’s gone now. 

it was a 125 I kept as my wife was making CBT noises, but never got round to it so flogged it. 

It's fine mate .  There are those on this forum who consider Honda ownership to be gay, whereas the sensible peeps here realise that they are great reliable bikes

Michael Scott Wink GIF

• Like 3

I’ve just acquired an MT09, and was seriously considering a CBR1000. Really nice bike but the dealership wouldn’t let me test drive the one I was interested in as I have a few points on my licence 😞

The 125 was a nice bike but I only used it once every few months to keep everything working. My wife was initially enthusiastic about doing her CBT but as with many things, never got around to it. I have aspirations of a third bike, possibly another Indian,  and lack of garage space dictated the 125 had to go… 🙂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nute said:

I’ve just acquired an MT09, and was seriously considering a CBR1000. Really nice bike but the dealership wouldn’t let me test drive the one I was interested in as I have a few points on my licence 😞

The 125 was a nice bike but I only used it once every few months to keep everything working. My wife was initially enthusiastic about doing her CBT but as with many things, never got around to it. I have aspirations of a third bike, possibly another Indian,  and lack of garage space dictated the 125 had to go… 🙂

If I wasn’t maxed out of bikes and space an Indian would be on my hit list. 

• Haha 1

On 25/10/2023 at 12:52, Nute said:

the newer Neo CB1000R  or the previous model CB1000r ?  i had the previous model , cracking bike .

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

the newer Neo CB1000R  or the previous model CB1000r ?  i had the previous model , cracking bike .

It was a 21 plate. I’m pretty tall so feel a bit cramped on some but this felt ok. Bloody annoying I couldn’t try it. 

I think it must vary according to the insurance the dealership hold. 

I rode an MT09 and MT10 no problem at one, a speed triple at another but the Honda said no (6pts). In fairness they did call their insurers to try to swing it but computer says no. 

I don’t have any problem with that, after all it’s my own fault for having the points. I did really like the look of the Honda and it was a good fit but I am not going to buy a bike I can’t try. I have 1 and a bit years till they expire and I can’t wait. First time in my life I’ve ever had 6 ( and I had zero for 10+ years before these) and it’s a pain in the bum. 

• Like 4

What Nute said about not buying before trying...

most of the bikes i have had i didn't ride before i bought em, any one else do this or do you have to ride em first ?

i just put it down to my rugged individualism .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

most of the bikes i have had i didn't ride before i bought em, any one else do this or do you have to ride em first ?

Most I haven't ridden......but they tend to be in the same genre so I've got a pretty good idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

I didn't ride the T700 , I just pre-ordered it.

• Like 1

To clarify, I wouldn’t expect to ride the exact bike in buying, but if I’m getting a cb1000r I do want to ride one. When I got my FTR I rode one at a dealership near me but they didn’t have a used one that suited me so I bought one from a dealership in Edinburgh and had it delivered. 

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

The first brand new bike i ever bought was a 1993 Africa Twin, i went into my local Honda dealer pointed at it in the brochure and said i want that one, it took a month to arrive and i wasn't disappointed when i took it out for the first time it was one of the best feeling of my life. Every other bike i had to test ride mainly because they were second hand and i wanted to make sure they were mechanically good. The XTrainer i never had a test ride on either but i did have a go on one when they were first introduced which i think was in 2016 and have been dreaming about one ever since LOL  

• Like 4

My Pops has never test ridden a single bike before buying. 

I don’t get that at all.

You want my money then I want to test the goods first. 

If I hadn’t had that philosophy my first bike would have been a Bonneville T100

The most boringly expensive cardigan and pipe its possible to buy on a fresh licence.