Another Weekend!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Back in those days it was only 6 months warranty if I remember correctly ?

But it was a long time ago!

I can't remember exactly......but I think it was a year!

8 hours ago, Tym said:

Broke an axle? @Gnomad? That cant be easy to do!

I wasn't even jumping or anything!

My plan is to replace the bearings with the axle, when I can eventually find them. Until then I do have the Ninja 500 backup auxiliary bike, it's a kwacker but I wear a helmet, nobody will know it's me.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Why? You got your jacket covered in shit?

Shit? :classic_huh:

It had mud splattered all over the back of it from riding the XR a couple of weeks ago. That won't do for riding the GS to the Algarve later this month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took too much anti histaminic yesterday, drank some wine for dinner, slept for 10 hours. Woke up at around 11, went for a short ride, had a spot of lunch with a nice view:

IMG_7653.thumb.jpeg.3120f42ab47957dc803422179fae58f8.jpeg

It's quite cool today, got below 20º up in the hills, hardcore stuff :classic_laugh: . This year's weather is fucking insane.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Took too much anti histaminic yesterday, drank some wine for dinner, slept for 10 hours. Woke up at around 11, went for a short ride, had a spot of lunch with a nice view:

IMG_7653.thumb.jpeg.3120f42ab47957dc803422179fae58f8.jpeg

It's quite cool today, got below 20º up in the hills, hardcore stuff :classic_laugh: . This year's weather is fucking insane.

Reminds me of the time I got my antihistamines and sleeping tabs mixed up at the TT in 2015. Went up to the Bungalow to watch and slept most of the time! 

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

No Ride Report Tym?

That was my ride report...im taking care of my 88 year old mother, i dont get 5 minutes to myself anymore...not complainning, this is my mother im talking about. My best ride reports came from 04 to 08, the rest is on you lot.

• Like 2

Another weekend nearly here!

Tomorrow I've got to take the wife down to Albox in the car to go to the Brit supermarkets!

But Sunday.......it's the abandoned mining village!

This is how it used to be.......Iron was mined there from the late 18th century until 1968.

hjg.jpg.b25f1ceb2e12630263401a749ad6853c.jpg

What's left of it now? I'll find out on Sunday! You won't find shit like this on ButtRider!

• Like 2

Cool! I love chit like that! After voluteering for my Main Street non profit in the mornings im doing chores for mum, she has a list, Duty, biggest 4 letter word in the English language. :littleguy:

• Like 2

Managed to get out Sunday. Went down the coast to Lieston Abby.
https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/leiston-abbey/?utm_source=Google Business&utm_campaign=Local Listings&utm_medium=Google Business Profiles&utm_content=leiston abbey&utm_source=Google Business&utm_campaign=Local Listings&utm_medium=Google Business Profiles&utm_content=leiston abbey

Not much left to see but worth a look. Had a walk round, ate the packed lunch we took in the car park. The sun was out which was a surprise as the forecast was "overcast." Then over to Framingham Castle which was silly busy and closed so an ice cream, toilet break and the long way home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another weekend nearly here!

Not sure if I'm out tomorrow as I've got a lot of work on.......but Sunday is earmarked for TWO abandoned railway stations.

I'll be following the route south from the Caniles station that I did last month!

So what are you up to? And FFS come up with something........cos me, @MooN, @Earache, and @Pedro are fucking carrying you Casuals! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today it's a nice cool summer day here. Cool enough to walk the dog wearing jeans and not shorts, and cool enough that you need a something on top of a t-shirt at night, which is perfect. I'm doing a little work at home, going to pack my cases in the afternoon with mostly clothes but since one needs a nice shirt to go to dinner and I always end up with a lack of space, then at dinner it'll be a nice seabass with some nice white wine, and in the morning a few days of leisurely riding will start.

I don't like topases on bikes, you get a lot of effect from crosswinds and it hinders you getting on and off the bike with any coolness, which is also important :littleguy: Also, I always go on trips with just the sidecases on narrow position, hate to have a very wide bike in the back looking like a bus. I used to tour Morocco for two weeks with my girlfriend using the same space for both of us, with plastic rain suits for both as well, she used to make that work perfectly but now I go for a few days by myself and end up with lack of space. Can't pack for shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pedro said:

I don't like topases on bikes, you get a lot of effect from crosswinds and it hinders you getting on and off the bike with any coolness, which is also important :littleguy: Also, I always go on trips with just the sidecases 

When i was doing trips with Tammy i loved my GTR's locking  luggage, get to the next motel, unlock...they pop right off with their own handles....everything goes  inside easy peasy. Goes back on the same way. :littleguy:

17015686_1620909594605518_765921864078389359_o.jpg.424fccd07d738ba5ef21de70604e4a5b.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Unfortunately yes!

But I think @Earache's abandoned stuff beats mine hands down!

We have so much abandioned stuff around here it's not funny. If I get out this weekend, I;ll shoot some more pics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Earache said:

We have so much abandioned stuff around here it's not funny. If I get out this weekend, I;ll shoot some more pics.

Thank God, the only pics i get in Cuntectucut now  is of a bunch of panty wastes tearing down history just so they repeat it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tym said:

Thank God, the only pics i get in Cuntectucut now  is of a bunch of panty wastes tearing down history just so they repeat it!

No shortage of that going around right now, I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I will do a few castle rides when I get some time.

Since we have no castles here, I really like the castle ride reports. Have been to a few in Scotland but still like to see the pics.

• Like 2