Shed.

Saul

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The correct way to do it would be direct from the fuse board so its on its own circuit and doesn't affect the rest of the house if there's a fault in the shed.

The fuse board is right at the side of our front door ....... a long way from the shed.....its as far away as it could possibly be..........the extension lead will suffice. 👍 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes rule of thumb with garages and sheds is think of a size that's big enough and then double it 

My shed is nowhere big enough......scoot has to go in at a angle to be able to close the doors......cannot really work on the scoot when it's in there.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats a pain in the wotnot!

The shed seemed huge at 1st, but after I put a workbench in there, it took up quite a bit of room.

If the shed had been 8ftx10ft and not 10ftx8ft it would havebeen better for working on the scoot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clive said:

The shed seemed huge at 1st, but after I put a workbench in there, it took up quite a bit of room.

If the shed had been 8ftx10ft and not 10ftx8ft it would havebeen better for working on the scoot.

So the doors on the 10ft side?

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So the doors on the 8ft side?

No,they are on the 10ft side.

If the shed had been 10ft in length I could have put the scoot straight in and had room to work either side of it.

With the scoot going in the shed (sort of) corner to corner, it leaves little working room either side of the scoot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clive said:

No,they are on the 10ft side.

If the shed had been 10ft in length I could have put the scoot straight in and had room to work either side of it.

With the scoot going in the shed (sort of) corner to corner, it leaves little working room either side of the scoot.

Yer soz as soon as I posted I realised Id put 8ft rather than 10ft side 🤪

• Haha 1

I keep looking on Marketplace for a (cheap 😂) 10x8 steel shed that I can bolt onto the existing shed.

Saw one (Free ☺) on there..........................in bleedin Milton Keynes.  😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I put up a 8×6 shed at our old house in the UK.  It was a cheap (relatively) wooden thing and it was shit! It went together reasonably OK, but all the shiplap on the walls bowed and distorted within a few months, which then let the rain and little furry creatures in. Eventually it became pretty much unusable.  It was still standing when we sold the house, but I'd guess that the new owners would have taken it down, before it fell down. The moral of the story is that wooden sheds can appear to be a reasonably cost effective solution, but decent ones can get pretty expensive!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tango said:

I put up a 8×6 shed at our old house in the UK.  It was a cheap (relatively) wooden thing and it was shit! It went together reasonably OK, but all the shiplap on the walls bowed and distorted within a few months, which then let the rain and little furry creatures in. Eventually it became pretty much unusable.  It was still standing when we sold the house, but I'd guess that the new owners would have taken it down, before it fell down. The moral of the story is that wooden sheds can appear to be a reasonably cost effective solution, but decent ones can get pretty expensive!

I think I’ve seen more dilapidated wooden sheds than ones in good nick. It requires too much maintenance for most people. Personally I can only just be bothered to get a wooden fence sprayed every other year and I’m not even the one out there having to do it 😆

• Haha 3