How to fall off your ADV bike

XTreme

Just watched the first few, the guy wheeling the big gs showing off and was my favourite one. There’s a theme though, which is dropping stopped bikes and disrespecting speed on dirtroads, I think a few have little experience or respect for what they’re doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Just watched the first few, the guy wheeling the big gs showing off and was my favourite one. There’s a theme though, which is dropping stopped bikes and disrespecting speed on dirtroads, I think a few have little experience or respect for what they’re doing.

I find it disturbing for a couple of reasons!

Firstly they don't seem to be bothered if they trash their bikes, despite the value of them. Are they loaded......or just fucking stupid? Or both?

And also, considering most of those guys are not young, they seem oblivious to the physical damage they could inflict on themselves.

Back in the mid 70's I used to come off my TS185 and DT400 all the time by pissing about and trying to do wheelies and jumps offroad. I'd hit the deck and bounce around, then just jump back on as if nothing had happened.

Then in 2004 I binned my boy's DT175......and I hit the deck like a sack of shit. I certainly didn't bounce anymore! Took me about 10 minutes to get back on my feet again and I didn't feel right all day!

So the consequences of something like that for me (and guys like me) now at our advanced ages don't bear thinking about. They wouldn't just be serious, they could well be permanent.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Firstly they don't seem to be bothered if they trash their bikes, despite the value of them. Are they loaded......or just fucking stupid? Or both?

And also, considering most of those guys are not young, they seem oblivious to the physical damage they could inflict on themselves.

Back in the mid 70's I used to come off my TS185 and DT400 all the time by pissing about and trying to do wheelies and jumps offroad. I'd hit the deck and bounce around, then just jump back on as if nothing had happened.

Then in 2004 I binned my boy's DT175......and I hit the deck like a sack of shit. I certainly didn't bounce anymore! Took me about 10 minutes to get back on my feet again and I didn't feel right all day!

So the consequences of something like that for me (and guys like me) now at our advanced ages don't bear thinking about. They wouldn't just be serious, they could well be permanent.

I think where they are probably their buying power at that age makes them not really worried about bikes. Nowadays most people on a new GS are renting it, at 2 or 3 years they just pay a grand or two and switch over to another bike, this makes that they don’t really care about the bike.

Also they’re clueless, you see plenty of people in that video being equally clueless on lighter bikes with offroad tires. The equipment doesn’t save you if you’re going from a high grip surface onto slippery wet ground while cornering and adjust nothing.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think where they are probably their buying power at that age makes them not really worried about bikes. Nowadays most people on a new GS are renting it, at 2 or 3 years they just pay a grand or two and switch over to another bike, this makes that they don’t really care about the bike.

Also they’re clueless, you see plenty of people in that video being equally clueless on lighter bikes with offroad tires. The equipment doesn’t save you if you’re going from a high grip surface onto slippery wet ground while cornering and adjust nothing.

With offroading I think it's a case of getting the skills when you're younger and physically capable of dealing with the consequences of something going wrong.

• Like 1

I mostly see a bunch of tits who are riding someone elses bikes and haven't got a clue how to respect the conditions they're riding in.....................

on the plus side it makes for a funny video 😀

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Stop worrying about other people, who gives a shit if they fuck themselves up....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched 10 minutes of this. In a way, it's just like an early UK biking experience when you were just left to teach yourself, the only difference being here it's on a 650 rather than a 125/250.

It mentions some sort of course attended, they obviously never told him how to slow down properly, he'll come a cropper when he puts the brakes on with the clutch in at 45mph all the way down to zero in wet weather. Or maybe he won't as bikes all seem to have ABS now.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t be bothered watching stuff like this anymore as most of it is fucking idiotic, only a small percentage of it makes me laugh.

The number of twats with hardly any common sense, a complete lack of awareness of their own ability and an over inflated opinion of their worth never ceases to amaze me.

Cunts. 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

There's a forum for people like that you know!

What you say @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Take yourself too seriously? Like to pontificate on matters well beyond your knowledge? Enjoy making snap judgements, taking offence and upsetting others? Well Pete knows a perfect place for you 😆

• Haha 2