Van action ...

Six30

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I know the wife is stressed because she is going through all the paperwork trying to sort it all out because the boy wont do it he just doesn't realise how serious it is for him 

Feel your pain. 

Have just been discussing my sons (one in particular) not grasping how much life costs and immediately after that discussion the youngest announced he was £300 short on his rent payment - after returning from a shopping trip and planning his weekend out seeing a band etc etc. 

Mr Slowly said the usual parent stuff like you need to get a job but the reality is while mum and dad bail him out the pain of being potless is unknown to him and that pain is an essential motivator. 

I've told Mr Slowly not to stress, we just need to stand back, watch the inevitable car crash happen and tow our line on the level of support we're offering. 

I'm sure soon enough his desire to eat and party will drive him into employment. He's not lazy, far from it, he's a right royal powerhouse when it comes to hard work, it's just the penny still hasn't dropped!

Unlike your son he's a uni student so is till getting a lot of living expenses paid by us and the 4k a year graduate tax crap. No way he could afford Bristol without it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

You really live it up on holiday don't you?

Bill Murray Omg GIF by filmeditor

You go and enjoy Albox or whatever it’s called

angry clint eastwood GIF

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Feel your pain. 

Have just been discussing my sons (one in particular) not grasping how much life costs and immediately after that discussion the youngest announced he was £300 short on his rent payment - after returning from a shopping trip and planning his weekend out seeing a band etc etc. 

Mr Slowly said the usual parent stuff like you need to get a job but the reality is while mum and dad bail him out the pain of being potless is unknown to him and that pain is an essential motivator. 

I've told Mr Slowly not to stress, we just need to stand back, watch the inevitable car crash happen and tow our line on the level of support we're offering. 

I'm sure soon enough his desire to eat and party will drive him into employment. He's not lazy, far from it, he's a right royal powerhouse when it comes to hard work, it's just the penny still hasn't dropped!

Unlike your son he's a uni student so is till getting a lot of living expenses paid by us and the 4k a year graduate tax crap. No way he could afford Bristol without it. 

My son is 42 years old, and he still won't find a job.

kevin spacey im looking for the least possible amount of responsibility GIF by The Good Films

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

My son is 42 years old, and he still won't find a job.

kevin spacey im looking for the least possible amount of responsibility GIF by The Good Films

I’d find that hard to live with. 
It’s his life n all that but what sort of life is it?

Unlikely the sort you look back on and think, that was a blast or I’m pleased with that or even oh well I had a go. 

No thanks!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’d find that hard to live with. 
It’s his life n all that but what sort of life is it?

Unlikely the sort you look back on and think, that was a blast or I’m pleased with that or even oh well I had a go. 

No thanks!

He may be 42, but his brain is 14 years old, he rides around all hours of the day and night on his mountain bike getting stuff ( beer & cigs) off of his so called friends.

I am so glad he does not live here. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clive said:

He may be 42, but his brain is 14 years old, he rides around all hours of the day and night on his mountain bike getting stuff ( beer & cigs) off of his so called friends.

He did have a good job steel erecting till he was 20 or so, but the boss got fed up of him only turning up 3 or 4 days per week, got his marching orders.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Clive said:

He did have a good job steel erecting till he was 20 or so, but the boss got fed up of him only turning up 3 or 4 days per week, got his marching orders.

Well each to their own, I just don't see any satisfaction in it. Hopefully he does, ultimately that's what matters. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Clive said:

Doesn't he have to be actively seeking work?

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Doesn't he have to be actively seeking work?

Supposed to be if he claimed unemployment benefit, but he does not sign on, lives off his girlfriend.

When in the past that he did sign on he kept getting sanctioned for not turning up for training schemes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Supposed to be if he claimed unemployment benefit, but he does not sign on, lives off his girlfriend.

When in the past that he did sign on he kept getting sanctioned for not turning up for training schemes. 

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Six30.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

Is he paying NI? If not he'll end up with no Pension!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is he paying NI? If not he'll end up with no Pension!

I doubt that he is bothered, he seems to think retirement (how can you retire if you have hardly worked 🤔) is a lifetime away, he will be shocked how quick it comes around, but that is not my worry,

I just worry that his girlfriend will pay back the £150 she has loaned of us this month so far. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Clive said:

I doubt that he is bothered, he seems to think retirement (how can you retire if you have hardly worked 🤔) is a lifetime away, he will be shocked how quick it comes around, but that is not my worry,

I just worry that his girlfriend will pay back the £150 she has loaned of us this month so far. 

Does she work then?

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Feel your pain. 

Same as my boy not lazy at all just always tired LOL, i know one of the guys he works for in rock city when he was home and cant praise him enough and always asking when he's coming back but that work is only the odd weekend. He needs full time work to fund the lifestyle he wants so once he's back from the isle of man he's going to have to get real and grow up because we are not funding his lifestyle. If he needs help with bus fares to work or clothing for work things like that then fine but not if the reason he got no cash is because he was out with his mates all weekend. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well each to their own, I just don't see any satisfaction in it. Hopefully he does, ultimately that's what matters. 

I blame the parents …. 

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Clive said:

Is she Polish ?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

@XTreme any chance of moving our ramblings out of this thread as the vanboys posts are getting in the way :classic_laugh:

If I was a mod or the mods was doing there jobs ….

• Haha 5