Helmet intercom

Buckster

On 13/03/2023 at 22:55, boboneleg said:

People saying that they use them for phone calls is exactly the reason while I'll never have an intercom.  When I'm out on my bike the last thing I want to hear is some twat chatting away inside my helmet :classic_laugh:

Totally agree Bob, if I get lonely I can always listen to the voices in my head. 🤣🤣

If I want a conversation I’ll go to the pub or call someone when I’m not riding my bike.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Good choice , Pinky and Perky should sound pretty good with that :classic_unsure:

When I was about 6, my friend's big brother told me he could make any record I had sound like Pinky and Perky were singing it. I took my 45 of Puff the Magic Dragon over to their house and the git wacked his record player on to 78rpm and blew my mind. Witchcraft I thought!

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

When I was about 6, my friend's big brother told me he could make any record I had sound like Pinky and Perky were singing it. I took my 45 of Puff the Magic Dragon over to their house and the git wacked his record player on to 78rpm and blew my mind. Witchcraft I thought!

Lol, we used to do that as well or turn your 45 down to 33 and it sounded like Lurch from the Addams family  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

I installed it in my Scorpion Exo Tech this morning, sound quality seems excellent, I think I need to reposition the cable for the microphone as the wiring is a bit loose but otherwise it’s all good. I can listen to music from Sons of Anarchy while riding now, I’m a fucking legend.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

I installed it in my Scorpion Exo Tech this morning, sound quality seems excellent, I think I need to reposition the cable for the microphone as the wiring is a bit loose but otherwise it’s all good. I can listen to music from Sons of Anarchy while riding now, I’m a fucking legend.

That last sentence makes you a feckin twat 😵💫

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Buckster

This is the late, great John Lawton (ex Uriah Heep) doing a song for a Harley commercial in the 90's!

He had an amazing voice......somewhat wasted on this awful Harley song though!

Best song he ever did.

• Haha 3

Got the sena 30 and the sena 50 mesh thing. Can't be arsed with either of them. You have to maintain a close proximity to the other rider for it to work and when it does you realise you don't want to talk to other feckers when you're riding 😆

• Haha 1

I succumbed to the intercom thing 2 years ago, I was given a gift voucher from work and discovered it worked at the DAFY motorcycle shop in Dijon so that helped. I too got a sena 30 as being a much cheaper option than a cardo. I dont use it for music except maybe if I'm facing a long autoroute stint. I have the phone navigation fed through it if I'm using the nav, and the speed camera alerts from the coyote app on the phone. What it does do wonderfully is the phone. I dont phone whilst riding but when I worked on the boats, I was basically on call 7 days a week through 8 months of the year and when out on the bike if the phone rang I would have to find a place to stop, switch the bike off, remove gloves, remove helmet, remove at least one ear plug, take the phone out of it's holder and ring the person back ( cos they'd hung up or left a message by this time. Then they wouldn't asnwer so I had either to wait untill I could get hold of them or risk putting everting back on again to have them ring back in 10 minutes and havr to start all over again ( yes it's happenend). With the Sena I was able to answer, " don't hang up, gimmie a second..." al I had to do was pull over and I could talk freely with no palaver. It was an absolute Godsend for that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MooN said:

I succumbed to the intercom thing 2 years ago, I was given a gift voucher from work and discovered it worked at the DAFY motorcycle shop in Dijon so that helped. I too got a sena 30 as being a much cheaper option than a cardo. I dont use it for music except maybe if I'm facing a long autoroute stint. I have the phone navigation fed through it if I'm using the nav, and the speed camera alerts from the coyote app on the phone. What it does do wonderfully is the phone. I dont phone whilst riding but when I worked on the boats, I was basically on call 7 days a week through 8 months of the year and when out on the bike if the phone rang I would have to find a place to stop, switch the bike off, remove gloves, remove helmet, remove at least one ear plug, take the phone out of it's holder and ring the person back ( cos they'd hung up or left a message by this time. Then they wouldn't asnwer so I had either to wait untill I could get hold of them or risk putting everting back on again to have them ring back in 10 minutes and havr to start all over again ( yes it's happenend). With the Sena I was able to answer, " don't hang up, gimmie a second..." al I had to do was pull over and I could talk freely with no palaver. It was an absolute Godsend for that. 

From all that all I'm left thinking is my god thats a crap job 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

From all that all I'm left thinking is my god thats a crap job 😆

lets just say I'm well out of it 🍻

• Like 2