First Weekend in March!

XTreme

Weather starting to look a bit better here......

Screenshot2023-03-03104424.jpg.5510bb09f8f06818fb9ec4f5e2ed743e.jpg

.......though I've got a new site to build so I've got to spend some time on that.

Not sure if we'll be having the grandkids, haven't had them for 3 weeks. You can guess why!

However, at some point I hope to get out for a while!

What about you?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

Working Fri, Sat and Sun overnight.   On the count down now, five weekends left than moving to mostly evening shifts.  👍

You getting out on the bike in the day Saul?

And how you finding that fuel consumption?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You getting out on the bike in the day Saul?

And how you finding that fuel consumption?

Not done that much this week as I have been decorating my Daughters room while she is away.  I did pop up to my mates house, so managed just 30 miles this week.  I am taking it to work tonight.  MPG is hovering around 85 mpg, but I haven't commuted much with it yet, so that is just local, I reckon it will go up when I am. regularly commuting.   

I was having a laugh with my mate who has a Indian Scout, CB500F and Yamaha TY.    He won't ride the Scout cause he wants to keep it spotless and the milage down, he bought the CB last November and hasn't done one mile yet as he doesn't want it to get salty and he won't ride the TY cause it's to slow for the road.    He is telling me he needs to get an old beater to save the CB that he bought to save the Scout.    The reason I mention it is he is always asking me how I am getting on with my CB as he won't ride his.  😂    He also told me his CB stands him £6800 after all the farkles he got for it.  £400 for Honda heated grips 😳.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

Not done that much this week as I have been decorating my Daughters room while she is away.  I did pop up to my mates house, so managed just 30 miles this week.  I am taking it to work tonight.  MPG is hovering around 85 mpg, but I haven't commuted much with it yet, so that is just local, I reckon it will go up when I am. regularly commuting.   

I was having a laugh with my mate who has a Indian Scout, CB500F and Yamaha TY.    He won't ride the Scout cause he wants to keep it spotless and the milage down, he bought the CB last November and hasn't done one mile yet as he doesn't want it to get salty and he won't ride the TY cause it's to slow for the road.    He is telling me he needs to get an old beater to save the CB that he bought to save the Scout.    The reason I mention it is he is always asking me how I am getting on with my CB as he won't ride his.  😂    He also told me his CB stands him £6800 after all the farkles he got for it.  £400 for Honda heated grips 😳.  

The Honda heated grips were useless on the Africa twin when it came out barely getting warm they were £300 before fitting and Honda refused to acknowledge there was a fault with them luckily I read about them before I bought any 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Viewing another bloody flat and… tadadaaaaa going to pick up the BSA 👏

Dropped it already? That was quick, looks like Pedro has won the pool.

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The Honda heated grips were useless on the Africa twin when it came out barely getting warm they were £300 before fitting and Honda refused to acknowledge there was a fault with them luckily I read about them before I bought any 

The salesman Damerells advised me not to get the Honda grips, the ones I have would have been £200 fitted and work perfectly.  I didn't pay as they were part of the deal buying the bike.    From what the salesman was saying the Honda grips only heat where your palms sit not all around the grip.  Don't know more than that just what he told me.  I didn't repeat that story to my mate as he wanted the Honda ones and paid the premium for them.  

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

The salesman Damerells advised me not to get the Honda grips, the ones I have would have been £200 fitted and work perfectly.  I didn't pay as they were part of the deal buying the bike.    From what the salesman was saying the Honda grips only heat where your palms sit not all around the grip.  Don't know more than that just what he told me.  I didn't repeat that story to my mate as he wanted the Honda ones and paid the premium for them.  

The Harley heated grips are supposed to be really good and there always seem to be deals around, I will probably fit some when I get my new handlebars.

59 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Dropped it already? That was quick, looks like Pedro has won the pool.

Not a chance, there's nothing but love from me.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not a chance, there's nothing but love from me.

No it’s here in the book, you bet on the first day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saul said:

He is telling me he needs to get an old beater to save the CB that he bought to save the Scout. 

Now that's really OCD!

And that's saying something coming from me!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Saul said:

I like the Honda ones as they integrate neatly with the bike so you get the heat setting displayed on the screen plus the controller for the grips is built into them so no separate switch but even with all that to persuade me i'd still like them to get hot, i know fussy ain't i  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just been out for a mini Bimble to accompany my mate on his maiden trip with his CB.     We popped up to Dameralls to see the new Reg bikes going out. 47 going out over the weekend apparently.   Anyway I had to bite my tongue as my mate said that his fingers were cold but his palms were fine with his heated grips going.   I didn’t have the heart to tell him.   😳.   Anyway he has the first 25 miles on his bike now.   

B23DB83C-B76D-473F-B7AC-B88BECFF65EE.thumb.jpeg.790c9c1c853407902313f388b8953b2e.jpegDA56CA5B-122D-46D1-97F4-A4635418CC48.thumb.jpeg.c05c715796e6cd407a077698c29a427b.jpeg050E3DE9-2FAB-44AA-A494-618CEB83ACE0.thumb.jpeg.5c817dc391c7c4b014c115e2f6c6f494.jpeg

That tail bag is a pain, don’t know how often I will use that.   Think I prefer a rucksack.   

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just been out for a mini Bimble to accompany my mate on his maiden trip with his CB.     We popped up to Dameralls to see the new Reg bikes going out. 47 going out over the weekend apparently.   Anyway I had to bite my tongue as my mate said that his fingers were cold but his palms were fine with his heated grips going.   I didn’t have the heart to tell him.   😳.   Anyway he has the first 25 miles on his bike now.   

B23DB83C-B76D-473F-B7AC-B88BECFF65EE.thumb.jpeg.790c9c1c853407902313f388b8953b2e.jpegDA56CA5B-122D-46D1-97F4-A4635418CC48.thumb.jpeg.c05c715796e6cd407a077698c29a427b.jpeg050E3DE9-2FAB-44AA-A494-618CEB83ACE0.thumb.jpeg.5c817dc391c7c4b014c115e2f6c6f494.jpeg

That tail bag is a pain, don’t know how often I will use that.   Think I prefer a rucksack.   

do tell.... what would you take with you in a tail pack or rucksack on a bimble ?

Just now, Six30 said:

do tell.... what would you take with you in a tail pack or rucksack on a bimble ?

I have all my work gear in it for my shift later.  Just an experiment to see how I liked it.  I don't. 

• Like 4

Having got back from the UK at the start of the week I’ve been pretty busy with stuff around the house but I did manage a quick trip to Murcia city to buy a new helmet……..nice to be back in the bike again.

As for this weekend, who knows? Maybe a short spin out on Sunday……..need to hatch a plan Pete to meet up for a ride out and coffee etc…….no fucking abandoned villages this time. 🤣👍

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Having got back from the UK at the start of the week I’ve been pretty busy with stuff around the house but I did manage a quick trip to Murcia city to buy a new helmet……..nice to be back in the bike again.

As for this weekend, who knows? Maybe a short spin out on Sunday……..need to hatch a plan Pete to meet up for a ride out and coffee etc…….no fucking abandoned villages this time. 🤣👍

He will bum you.

• Haha 1

Just finished having dinner with my parents and having a nice bottle of red wine, and now having some coffee while saving some orders that came in last minute after a week of pestering my clients.

All in all a nice friday, except calling Stannah in Portugal to come by my parents' place next week to do an audit on how to put in a lift for when my dad becomes unable to climb stairs to his room. A stair lift doesn't seem ideal as he will shortly after not being able to climb stairs be on a wheel chair. They're having some work done on the house in May and June, after 25 years living here, and it feels smart to link it all together, a sign of sad times to come.

The bike has been parked for 3 or 4 days, and it's not moving this weekend, I'll be taking Costa for walks in the morning, and then hanging around. On Sunday rain is supposed to arrive for the coming week so there's that.

Next week I'd like to take the GS in to see my mechanic, to have a big service done after the Morocco trip and the Algarve trip, and all the things, it's to check the valves (I'll try to have him retighten the camshaft) oil and filter, check out the new shaft and clean possible Saharan dust inside, and change the almost worn heated grips. Looking at the weather forecast it might be left to the end of the week to avoid riding in precipitation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Pete doesn't do coffee, or food. He does nothing except tea with milk in it and abandoned villages!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Pete doesn't do coffee, or food. He does nothing except tea with milk in it and abandoned villages!

And dago midget bum sex.

• Haha 2