Fucking cosines/sines/tangents

Cupid Stunt

Taken me forever to figure out a simple hypotenuse calculator, yeay yeah I know Pythagoras theorum but on surveys I'm not able to measure the upright length just the width from the ground and the angle in degrees of the roof by placing my digital spirit level on a rafter

My first spreadsheet formula was flawed and I was buggered if I could figure out the issue hypotenuse = width/cos(angle), eventually I realised that spreadsheets need radians not angles in degrees, then it hit me after and hour or two of playing with the functions "DEGREES" and "COS" etc that maybe there's a RADIANS function, and there is, formula is now hypotenuse = Width/COS(RADIANS(angle)) et viola, it works

Now to scrub all the chalk markings off the living room wall before the Mrs see's them 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Taken me forever to figure out a simple hypotenuse calculator, yeay yeah I know Pythagoras theorum but on surveys I'm not able to measure the upright length just the width from the ground and the angle in degrees of the roof by placing my digital spirit level on a rafter

My first spreadsheet formula was flawed and I was buggered if I could figure out the issue hypotenuse = width/cos(angle), eventually I realised that spreadsheets need radians not angles in degrees, then it hit me after and hour or two of playing with the functions "DEGREES" and "COS" etc that maybe there's a RADIANS function, and there is, formula is now hypotenuse = COS(RADIANS(angle)) et viola, it works

Now to scrub all the chalk markings off the living room wall before the Mrs see's them 🙂

I know exactly what you mean
Animated GIF

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Cosines/sines/tangents.....I remember doing all that shit for O Levels Maths in 1970.

Can't remember any of it though......but I must have known enough back then to pass.

+1  , I walked out of the door at school and forgot all that .  Don't get me started on algebra, who the f*ck uses that ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

It's simple Bob, with that formula you can calculate how long a wooden leg needs to be to sit on comfortably whilst stuck up your arse 4 inches and leant at an angle of 70 degrees 🙂

Well you are right, Bob is the one to ask about wooden legs.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Well you are right, Bob is the one to ask about wooden legs.

Incorrect, I've never had wooden leg and my current item is carbon fibre and titanium .  Thank you for your concern 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Incorrect, I've never had wooden leg and my current item is carbon fibre and titanium .  Thank you for your concern 😍

You be careful. If the local scrotes are prepared to jack up a car and cut its catalytic converter off in broad daylight for a few quid, never ever fall asleep outdoors.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

You be careful. If the local scrotes are prepared to jack up a car and cut its catalytic converter off in broad daylight for a few quid, never ever fall asleep outdoors.

You had you rchance to run off with it about 15 years ago, if nothing else it proves that you're not a wrong 'un :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Word on the street is Pedro is getting wood from men now so he might be the one to ask

I have only got one man for wood, same guy for years. Who do you think I am? How rude!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

I have only got one man for wood, same guy for years. Who do you think I am? How rude!

We know, he’s Moroccan and likes eighties music and fat lads on BMW’s.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Happens every time someone creates a thread about calculating the hypotenuse it ends up being about Pedro wanking off over men.

You'd think he'd have grown out of that by now!

• Haha 1