Third Weekend in January!

XTreme

I can't get out and about......I'm just too fucked due to my back getting strained with coughing.

Apart from that I have a lot of work on anyway.

So don't look at me to contribute anything......you lot will have to keep the site going!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, busabeast said:

My weekend consists of a rugby game tomorrow then spending the rest of the weekend wondering why I'm still playing......

Fuck all else

Good luck, not even one beer after the game?  

Back to work for me, 3 overnights out of Launceston Hospital.  My favourite workplace with two of my favourite clinicians, looking forward to it really.  😉

• Like 6

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

So don't look at me to contribute anything....

The usual trolling and hijacking of threads to talk about the weather, or are you that rough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

My favourite workplace with two of my favourite clinicians, looking forward to it really.  😉

You and Sofia, never met anyone that liked their jobs as much as you two! It's a great thing to see, I come from a "place" where people hustle and make proper money doing stressful things they don't like apart from the rewards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You and Sofia, never met anyone that liked their jobs as much as you two! It's a great thing to see, I come from a "place" where people hustle and make proper money doing stressful things they don't like apart from the rewards.

I have gripes about my job not least the pay but don't moan as it serves no purpose on here. 

The actual job itself is very rewarding and if you work with the right person it is great fun at times.  We go to a lot of places and see a lot of things.  Its all about the people as is almost always the case in life.   Funnily enough the chap I am working with tonight has a Honda NC750X and keeps trying to talk me into one and loves singing, so we get on great.  There are a couple of snotty clinicians who I prefer not to work with but will and one GP who I wont work with, my boss knows and wont put us together.   But apart from them the rest are great interesting people.    I am lucky enough to be a popular driver, I am a safe and considerate with my driving and the clinicians like that.   The way we work is the clinician rests when I am driving and I rest when the clinician is with their patient, I always try never to disturb them with my driving and they generally like that.  If they can trust me they can relax between jobs and maybe even doze.  Working long shifts overnight means you can power nap almost at will.    

If the job never changed I would do it for the rest of my working life, the driver I am relieving at 23:00 tonight is 80 years old, our oldest, so I could do it for a good few years yet.  But as is always the case there are storm clouds on the horizon, I will stay as long as I still enjoy it.   For me life is to short to do something you don't like, been there in the past not going back.  There is always another job. 😉

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He rides a Himalayan, he has low expectations. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Saul said:

Good luck, not even one beer after the game?  

Back to work for me, 3 overnights out of Launceston Hospital.  My favourite workplace with two of my favourite clinicians, looking forward to it really.  😉

No there will be a couple of beers as celebration for yesterday and if we win a double celebration 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

The usual trolling and hijacking of threads to talk about the weather, or are you that rough?

Yeh....I'm that rough and have a lot of work to get through!

• Like 4

A bit of celebrating went on last night with lots of music so this morning was not the morning to be starting an upholstery course and wielding a pneumatic staple gun for the first time, feck knows how I managed not to staple myself or anyone else 😁

The tutor has a sour face and a sharp tongue.

My bench partner was having trouble using a tensioning tool and the tutor couldn't get her to understand what she needed to do. After multiple attempts I suggested anchoring the webbing the other way then there would be more room to use the tensioner. The tutor looked me up and down and nodded saying hmm quickly followed by "nobody likes a smart arse" They were her first words to me 😆

Eventually the tutor told her to do what I'd suggested, I said "thats a good idea, I wish I'd thought of that." She looked like she was going to hit me but then thought better of it, a little smile crept into the corners of her hard face 🤣

I like her, she is bright and sarcastic, I suspect a lot of fun ahead.

• Like 5