Muffin, no mules were hurt!

Saul

Bleddy cold this morning so decided it was time to Muff the Himalayan.  I think they look ridiculous but If they keep my hands warm I am sure I will get used to them.  I was a bit disappointed that they didn't fit over the handguards but hey ho it is not a deal breaker.  Just gotta see if I can live with them now.  

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8345.jpg

IMG_8344.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice , those are the same as I had in the past 👍  My muffs were well toasty this morning on the way to work :littleguy:

Yeah mine are pretty old I reckon they have been sitting in their packet in the shed for the last 10 years or so.   🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

With no handguards inside won’t they press against the levers with the wind force?

No they shouldn't, they are attached to the mirror stems and are strapped the handle bars so shouldn't move.    If it did prove to be an issue I could also use the handle bar end weight screws to fit them as well.    They are quite rigid.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

No they shouldn't, they are attached to the mirror stems and are strapped the handle bars so shouldn't move.    If it did prove to be an issue I could also use the handle bar end weight screws to fit them as well.    They are quite rigid.  

The ones I used when I was a courier did, I had to improvise with some carpet divider lever guards to make them rigid enough not to interfere with the levers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

The ones I used when I was a courier did, I had to improvise with some carpet divider lever guards to make them rigid enough not to interfere with the levers

Carpet divider interference you say? Was a ginger Welshman in the room?

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Because, you want to be to wear gloves, but a too loose muff is also not good!

I can get my gloved hands in there comfortably. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Carpet divider interference you say? Was a ginger Welshman in the room?

Honestly it was the only thing my dad had in the garage that was in any way suitable for the job so yeah it got cut to size and bent to shape and screwed on, did the job very well too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/11/2022 at 19:32, Pedro said:

With no handguards inside won’t they press against the levers with the wind force?

I have been thinking about this for days, went out for a ride yesterday to try the muffs out and because I have strapped them on so tightly for concern of them pressing on the the levers it made it really difficult to use the switch gear.  Anyway I went onto Ebay and bought a set of lever guards that would also hold the Muffs off the levers.  In the meantime I have a 42 mile commute to Stratton Hospital in Bude tonight.  I had a thought why not strip down the RE handguards and use the frames from them, it worked perfectly and now I am kicking myself that I never thought of it in the first place.    Multiple attempts at tasks seems to be my default at the moment.  😳

muff1.jpg

Muff2.jpg

Muff3.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Riding an Enfield that is the only type of muff you will be getting.

Oh dear you do seem to be a bit off form today 🤣

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Saul said:

I have been thinking about this for days, went out for a ride yesterday to try the muffs out and because I have strapped them on so tightly for concern of them pressing on the the levers it made it really difficult to use the switch gear.  Anyway I went onto Ebay and bought a set of lever guards that would also hold the Muffs off the levers.  In the meantime I have a 42 mile commute to Stratton Hospital in Bude tonight.  I had a thought why not strip down the RE handguards and use the frames from them, it worked perfectly and now I am kicking myself that I never thought of it in the first place.    Multiple attempts at tasks seems to be my default at the moment.  😳

muff1.jpg

Muff2.jpg

Muff3.jpg

It's always the case with me too mk1 is never very good so it's on to me 2 and 3 which usually iron out any problems that weren't evident before the starting the task

• Like 3

Well rode 52 miles to work this evening, RTC so was diverted which accounted for the extra 10 miles.  Those muffs have to go I found them very frustrating as it is difficult to use the switch gear on the bike.  The did keep my hands warm @ 3 degrees C so worked in that respect but I just don't like them.  They will be off when I get home tomorrow, I am going to buy some warmer gloves may even spring for some heated gloves, anything but muffs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2