Your Day Today!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Daughter in law (sort of) had to take her dog (a sort of Pit Bull looking thing, soft as shit though) to be put down today 😔

The vets bill?..........£300 😲 

They did do a X Ray as well, but jeez what a amount.

Vets bill have gone through the roof over the last couple of years.   My brother in law was quoted £650 to neuter his dog.   😳

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Neopolitan Mastiff, I think, didn't ask.   

Yes......it's a Neopolitan!

Lovely dogs......big babies.....but by fuck do they drool.

This is a mate's one taken about 25 years ago.

FILE142.JPG.c2ec379e2be85cf0c79fe03b22595faf.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Saul said:

Vets bill have gone through the roof over the last couple of years.   My brother in law was quoted £650 to neuter his dog.   😳

20240405_190814.thumb.jpg.67306cace9c1af3911a0a87da4828aae.jpg

Taken when he was nearly 1 year old........poor doggy. 😔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yes......it's a Neopolitan!

Lovely dogs......big babies.....but by fuck do they drool.

This is a mate's one taken about 25 years ago.

FILE142.JPG.c2ec379e2be85cf0c79fe03b22595faf.JPG

Wich one is you Pete ?  I see two gingers twats..?

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

€50 here!

To be honest I believe Vet care has largely gone corporate around here.  All the little surgeries have been bought out by national corporates.  Their prices seem to reflect the maximum they can charge pet insurance companies, if you are old school and pay the bill you are fucked.   Bit like the American Health Care model 🙄.  Don't like to agree with some of your earlier sentiments but the UK is slowly becoming an difficult and sad place to live.    

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Hey this would make and excellent avatar...just saying..

You already have a selfie up.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Blowing snow...from the cockpit.

20240405_144009.jpg

20240405_144048.jpg

That's very cool!

• Like 1

To be honest I believe Vet care has largely gone corporate around here.  All the little surgeries have been bought out by national corporates.  Their prices seem to reflect the maximum they can charge pet insurance companies, if you are old school and pay the bill you are fucked.   Bit like the American Health Care model 🙄.  Don't like to agree with some of your earlier sentiments but the UK is slowly becoming an difficult and sad place to live.    

We have a few old school vets around here, but they are very popular, and very busy, getting a appointment is not easy, and there are waiting lists,  and unlike Vets for Pets they do not charge a fortune to treat animals, so being busy is to be expected. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saul said:

Don't like to agree with some of your earlier sentiments but the UK is slowly becoming an difficult and sad place to live.   

And NHS Dentists?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And NHS Dentists?

Exactly.   I was talking to our Dentist (I know him and used to sing with him) this week as Chloe had an appointment for a check up.  He was telling me there is a 10 year waiting list for NHS patients in this area.   How the fuck can that be in a first world country.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

Exactly.   I was talking to our Dentist (I know him and used to sing with him) this week as Chloe had an appointment for a check up.  He was telling me there is a 10 year waiting list for NHS patients in this area.   How the fuck can that be in a first world country.  

I can't get a dentist in our area, gave up trying to find one.

200.gif?cid=cbd60c74d1w557me2qsmvbib13n2 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

But on another subject, doctors 😡  my wife phoned up for a repeat prescription for my glass back medication, to be told "the doctor no longer prescribes that medication, I will have him ring you after surgery hours to discuss this with you".....that was Tuesday, has he rung back?..as he fuck..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Clive said:

But on another subject, doctors 😡  my wife phoned up for a repeat prescription for my glass back medication, to be told "the doctor no longer prescribes that medication, I will have him ring you after surgery hours to discuss this with you".....that was Tuesday, has he rung back?..as he fuck..

If he doesn't ring back before your need another prescription and you can't contact him ring 111 out of hours.   Your call and eventual consultation will be logged, plus they will probably give you a script in the mean time.    Also any notes will be forwarded to your GP and their will be a paper trail.   WIll get his/her attention hopefully for your benefit.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Over £700 to have ours lap spayed last year... 😮

DSC_1750_01.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I must thank all you dog owners for reinforcing some of my reasons for not owning a dog or any other animal.
 Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

I thought cats were bad enough. 

Fuck that.

Kids are expensive enough let alone aminals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, busabeast said:

Fuck that.

Yup my kids are in their 20's now and i'm almost free so i don't need anything else to drain my resources or tie me down :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yup my kids are in their 20's now and i'm almost free so i don't need anything else to drain my resources or tie me down :classic_laugh:

Just how old are you?.....

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Fuck that.

I think it is very sad that dog owners are going have no way of caring for their loved pets.  I have never been without a dog my whole life and never thought I would be but wonder how much longer that will be the case for the British masses.   This crowed little island is becoming a sad place.   

• Like 3

I think it is very sad that dog owners are going have no way of caring for their loved pets.  I have never been without a dog my whole life and never thought I would be but wonder how much longer that will be the case for the British masses.   This crowed little island is becoming a sad place.   

This island has been a sad place since 1940 and our finest hour

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Saul said:

Our stupid neighbour, who has 2 French Bulldogs, a dog and a bitch, put a thing on FB this morning...." Where can I take my dog for a abortion?". 

• Haha 2