Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Had the car since it was 3 years old, so I suspect this is the original clutch, it's only slipping going up a hill and i don't change down quickly.

i would say clutch has served you  well then 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i would say clutch has served you  well then 

I was hoping for 100,000 miles. 😂 at least, should not complain I suppose, still on its original brakes and exhaust....and most of my motoring is in town and short distances 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

Had the car since it was 3 years old, so I suspect this is the original clutch, it's only slipping going up a hill and i don't change down quickly.

We changed the clutch at around 140K kms / 87K miles on the Citroen.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We changed the clutch at around 140K kms / 87K miles on the Citroen.

Just rang the garage that does my minor servicing........ parts and fitting....£500 

Comedy What GIF by Nickelodeon 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Just rang the garage that does my minor servicing........ parts and fitting....£500 

Comedy What GIF by Nickelodeon 😂 

I think it was about €400 on the Picasso!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think it was about €400 on the Picasso!

I will wait till it is really slipping, decide what to do to it then.

€400 is a good price, £500 for a poxy Renault Clio seems expensive to me, last clutch I changed was in a Cavalier,  it was a 20 minute job. 😂 

• Like 2

So I went down sat to check out the bikeshops with two riding buddies ..John and Albert ..2.5 hour drive..we stopped to grab a coffee for the drive...we stopped for a breack hallway up for a piss..Albert during the entire day was running to the washroom and couldn't piss..on the way back me and John were hungry we stop for lunch..by that time Albert was starting to feel bad and we must have pulled over 4 times for him to use the washroom...and still couldn't piss....been having this problem for a few years now and hasn't gone to get check out...anyway by 1030 pm he couldn't stand the pain anymore and went to the hospital...he sent me this pic this morning...

Screenshot_20240318_115654_Messenger.jpg

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

So I went down sat to check out the bikeshops with two riding buddies ..John and Albert ..2.5 hour drive..we stopped to grab a coffee for the drive...we stopped for a breack hallway up for a piss..Albert during the entire day was running to the washroom and couldn't piss..on the way back me and John were hungry we stop for lunch..by that time Albert was starting to feel bad and we must have pulled over 4 times for him to use the washroom...and still couldn't piss....been having this problem for a few years now and hasn't gone to get check out...anyway by 1030 pm he couldn't stand the pain anymore and went to the hospital...he sent me this pic this morning...

What's the diagnosis?

24 minutes ago, Clive said:

I will wait till it is really slipping, decide what to do to it then.

€400 is a good price, £500 for a poxy Renault Clio seems expensive to me, last clutch I changed was in a Cavalier,  it was a 20 minute job. 😂 

Front wheel drive will be a bit different, probably need to remove a drive shaft and possibly move one of the lower crossmembers.

• Like 2

Just now, Buckster said:

Front wheel drive will be a bit different, probably need to remove a drive shaft and possibly move one of the lower crossmembers.

I was just about to say that! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Buckster said:

had one done on a mini couple of months back...  subframe has to be removed that upped the labour

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What's the diagnosis?

He said swollen prostate...no idea if they're doing more test on him....like last summer on rides ...he would pull over ..and nothing...Don't know why he waited so long to get checked out...I guess he was afraid of the finger up the arse..glad he finally going to get looked at before it turns to cancer...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Yeah, he really should have got seen to a bit sooner. They should test his PSA! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Buckster said:

It will definitely have to come out underneath, needs to be up on ramps, lift or have a pit, of which I have none, I can't even do a oil change on the damn thing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marcel said:

He said swollen prostate...no idea if they're doing more test on him....like last summer on rides ...he would pull over ..and nothing...Don't know why he waited so long to get checked out...I guess he was afraid of the finger up the arse..glad he finally going to get looked at before it turns to cancer...

Brother in law has the same, can't piss, or has to go several times per night, they have tested his PSA (high) and taken biopsies,  he is on drugs, they test him quite regularly though, his doc says he is fine at the moment, they also do not want to operate because it could leave him incontinent. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, busabeast said:

They can fuck off I need a large car not some little tin can shit box

They're helping and fixing the car, don't really want to be complaining and causing trouble.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

They're helping and fixing the car, don't really want to be complaining and causing trouble.

He will!

Says something when even @Six30 says he wouldn't want him as a customer! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

26C here.....tee shirt weather!

Your weather reports are irrelevant it could be the best weather in the world and it would still be no good for you as you cant go out anyway. :classic_laugh:

Angry Fed Up GIF  

• Haha 6

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Your weather reports are irrelevant it could be the best weather in the world and it would still be no good for you as you cant go out anyway. :classic_laugh:

Angry Fed Up GIF  

Well I was out yesterday young man!

Doing inspirational shit!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

One of the TRF guy's put that up on the weekend i thought one of his mates had past on as he bothers with the Harley crowd LOL.

academy awards oscars GIF

He was one of those guys who despite not being a great singer had a great stage presence!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

Lu

Lube now purchased....

should this be in the advanced maintenance  section ?

Lube now applied to chain

• Haha 2