Your Day Today!

XTreme

Thanks to the folk asking about the demented one.

It was easier than I thought. Initially flailing around in denial but then acceptance that we need to rule dementia out as “a possibility” 

Things are borderline. One more notch down and we’ll be moving into ‘danger to self and others’ territory. It’s GP time.

That is not conversation I ever want to have again, but she has memory loss so I will won’t I, many times 😔

Whilst driving up there I received a text, as I was driving I didn't read it but saw the header saying it’s Jo’s sister. I thought Oh Jo is dead. She stroked big style two years ago, full locked in vegetable level. 

Arrive, read the text. Nope she’s still alive but barely. 

“We can only find one will from 20 years ago and you may not be aware you are named executor.”

WTAF she didn't ask me or mention it and they live 4 hours away. 

I don’t think you should be able to appoint an executor without informing them. Its not the sort of thing thats a lightweight five minute job is it!

Anyway they just moved her to end of life care so it’s all great fun at the moment!

So much to do I’m fighting the urge to hide!

Duvet GIF by Swaps4

• Sad 4

33 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Poor thing. Do dogs get Valium (diazepam) for a fit like humans do? Or is the idea of shoving a pessary up a dogs arse something that no-one dares suggest?

The vets told us to just make sure she can’t harm herself while she’s fitting and to remain calm ourselves which I am able to do but my wife finds it difficult. She gets a bit anxious and that’s not helpful.

Because the fits are pretty much under control most of the time they didn’t want to put her on medication (the dog, not my wife 😝).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Skippy said:

The vets told us to just make sure she can’t harm herself while she’s fitting and to remain calm ourselves which I am able to do but my wife finds it difficult. She gets a bit anxious and that’s not helpful.

Because the fits are pretty much under control most of the time they didn’t want to put her on medication (the dog, not my wife 😝).

Valium is a drug given during a fit to stop it. An up the bum emergency only measure. Not generally given as a full time med. But in humans it was only done if the fit was a cluster fit ie it doesn't stop, it can be given IV but I’m sure you can imagine trying give intravenous drugs while someone is fitting is not the easiest thing and definitely not dog friendly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Valium is a drug given during a fit to stop it. An up the bum emergency only measure. Not generally given as a full time med. But in humans it was only done if the fit was a cluster fit ie it doesn't stop, it can be given IV but I’m sure you can imagine trying give intravenous drugs while someone is fitting is not the easiest thing and definitely not dog friendly. 

Doesn’t bear thinking about 😱

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Doesn’t bear thinking about 😱

This is her right now, absolutely fine and you’d never know there had been anything wrong. She’s just told off a couple of ladies that were out for their morning walk. 😝

IMG_3738.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

This is her right now, absolutely fine and you’d never know there had been anything wrong. She’s just told off a couple of ladies that were out for their morning walk. 😝

IMG_3738.jpeg

Nice looking dog.

Hmm labradors, the dustbin dog and she looks like she ate all the pies 😆

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

IMG_3738.jpeg

My brother in law had a rescue lurcher. It had loads of fits  and found out it's brain was growing faster than its scull. A vet suggested Canabis oil and it cut down the fitting so well.
Unsurprisingly the dog has passed on now but would have been much sooner without.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just had the Flu jab and the 5th Covid Jab! This one was Pfizer, so that makes it 2 AZ, 2 Pfizer, and 1 Moderna!

Will I make it to Xmas @zzzak?

Confused The Office GIF

You will and bonus will be able to power the fairy lights by just touching the plug.

• Haha 5

Just popped up to Damerells as the owners handbook was not on the Hornet when I got it home on day one.     No issue they got one for me just needed to pick it up, they offered to post it but I didn’t need any encouragement to get out on the Hornet which is now shit high again.  

I did notice my old CB500 was in the sold line.  
IMG_0783.thumb.jpeg.891031d8cf19f9f60c10ba92d1c2c1ff.jpeg

The salesman did his best to convince me that I should buy a CB125 for my youngest.    Who desperately wants a cool black bike like mine, tis a bit of a squint to see the resemblance but it is what she is after.   The spanner in the works is that she has only just turned 16 so another 12 months yet.     No sale today. 🤣   I would prefer her to have something second hand but she knows her mind and would use her money so I don’t have a lot of say in it   

IMG_0784.thumb.jpeg.4e32aaa816d55da8712e1b48312b510a.jpeg

• Like 5

URRRRRRGGHHH!

The details for activating the Lasting Power of Attorney are not recognised by the govt website.

As she rang to wish me happy birthday in the wrong month I suspect she may have entered my date of birth incorrectly. Having looped around the enormous prerecorded message (due to now being in a call queue for 40 mins!) I now know “You can make no alterations after the document has been registered, any changes have to be lodged with the Court of Protection.” The current wait time for the Court to make amendments is 20 feckin weeks!

Fingers crossed if I ever get to speak to someone theres an easy fix!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

The salesman did his best to convince me that I should buy a CB125 for my youngest.    Who desperately wants a cool black bike like mine,

Thank god she doesn't want some Indian POS! 

That lifestyle never ends well.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Thank god she doesn't want some Indian POS! 

That lifestyle never ends well.

She was keen on a Kermit green Keeway at one point but she is switched on when it comes to money and when I told her it would be worth next to nothing when she wanted a bigger bike the Honda brainwashing gained ground.    She may go off the idea but she has told me she would never ride a ped like her brother.    I won't tell you what she calls him on his 'Gay ped' .  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just popped up to Damerells as the owners handbook was not on the Hornet when I got it home on day one.     No issue they got one for me just needed to pick it up, they offered to post it but I didn’t need any encouragement to get out on the Hornet which is now shit high again.  

I did notice my old CB500 was in the sold line.  
IMG_0783.thumb.jpeg.891031d8cf19f9f60c10ba92d1c2c1ff.jpeg

The salesman did his best to convince me that I should buy a CB125 for my youngest.    Who desperately wants a cool black bike like mine, tis a bit of a squint to see the resemblance but it is what she is after.   The spanner in the works is that she has only just turned 16 so another 12 months yet.     No sale today. 🤣   I would prefer her to have something second hand but she knows her mind and would use her money so I don’t have a lot of say in it   

IMG_0784.thumb.jpeg.4e32aaa816d55da8712e1b48312b510a.jpeg

Well it will be nice for her introduction to motorcycling to be on a new non breaky down bike 😊

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

URRRRRRGGHHH!

The details for activating the Lasting Power of Attorney are not recognised by the govt website.

As she rang to wish me happy birthday in the wrong month I suspect she may have entered my date of birth incorrectly. Having looped around the enormous prerecorded message (due to now being in a call queue for 40 mins!) I now know “You can make no alterations after the document has been registered, any changes have to be lodged with the Court of Protection.” The current wait time for the Court to make amendments is 20 feckin weeks!

Oh thats sounds a real pain.  My employer got my DOB wrong when they set up my pension, that took months to straighten out.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well it will be nice for her introduction to motorcycling to be on a new non breaky down bike 😊

True, be nice not to have the DADDDD! can you come and get me call as well.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Nice looking dog.

Hmm labradors, the dustbin dog and she looks like she ate all the pies 😆

She’s a hefty bugger that’s for sure but we absolutely do our best not to over feed her and our other dog is as fit a flea.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

My brother in law had a rescue lurcher. It had loads of fits  and found out it's brain was growing faster than its scull. A vet suggested Canabis oil and it cut down the fitting so well.
Unsurprisingly the dog has passed on now but would have been much sooner without.   

Yep I’ve heard about the use of cannabis oil, we’re lucky I guess as she’s doing okay without any medication but obviously if things get worse we’ll have to go down the medication route.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well it will be nice for her introduction to motorcycling to be on a new non breaky down bike

Have you ever considered going down that route? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

URRRRRRGGHHH!

I went through a lot of this when I had to sort out my father-in-law's affairs after he passed on.  It was made even worse by the fact that more than half his assets etc were still in Italy.  You have no idea what bureaucracy can be like until you deal with Italian authorities 🤪

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Don't take it personally mate, my youngest daughters derision of her brother is not a dig at you   😘

I don't, that why i added the 😂 

• Like 3

Just now, Clive said:

I don't, that why i added the 😂 

I would like another bike after having @Bruce,s Trumpet, but age and finances do not allow, hopefully the "Gay Ped" 😂 will see me out my riding days,  however many years that will be..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1