Your Day Today!

XTreme

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have a mild PO allergy courtesy of the nasty PO man at our local PO being horrible to any child that set foot in there, a good one could be just the cure I need so fess up, where it be?

Corston, near Bath {where Leslie Crowther used to live).  They are the most friendly and efficient people ever, it's exactly what a Post office should be like.

• Like 3

Oh and ambient or heat tolerant food is good because the cabins usually get pretty damn hot.

Chorizo or saucisson sec, miniature cheeses individually wrapped, frankfurters, crackers, bread that won’t stale, those weird premixed tuna meals in a foil carton (not a favourite of mine), overnights oats made with small uht carton milk, ambient pâté, tinned tuna for sandwiches with cherry tomatoes or Persian cucumbers, wine obviously lots of wine 😆

Oh and if you have room LOTS of water. 

And a borrowed glass for the wine n water. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favourite bring your own ferry meal is a prawn and avocado salad. 
The frozen prawns defrost by the time we board, a bit of dicing of the avocado with a borrowed knife with some Rosemarie sauce drizzled on top with a nice glass of wine was a cabin picnic delight. 

Basically don’t rule out frozen food that defrosts while you wait to board 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just put the car through the car wash.....it was plastered with orange dust that had come up from the Sahara!

We've got all over our cars this morning as well .

• Like 3

Where's my mattress Pete? Amazon says it was delivered yesterday but it bloody wasn't. Correos tracking is confusing. It says it's delivered but the little line thing at the top isn't completed and I think it also says pending? 

Screenshot2023-09-07at11_18_27.thumb.png.6b81decb70ee9bd35213c3b12ed596a8.png

Correos is the main postal service in Spain right?

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I am going out!!!200.gif?cid=cbd60c74n9v8l26o931jn2bcrqpf

To Farmfoods. 😂 

I have an equally exciting day sewing, waiting for a parcel to turn up and if it does going to the supermarket cos we have no butter which is obviously a catastrophe for an olive oil avoiding Brit in Spain 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Where's my mattress Pete? Amazon says it was delivered yesterday but it bloody wasn't. Correos tracking is confusing. It says it's delivered but the little line thing at the top isn't completed and I think it also says pending? 

Screenshot2023-09-07at11_18_27.thumb.png.6b81decb70ee9bd35213c3b12ed596a8.png

Correos is the main postal service in Spain right?

It doesn't say Entregado......so it's not marked as delivered.

But there's a massive delay in post at the moment because bugger all gets done during August, so there's a backlog.

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have an equally exciting day sewing, waiting for a parcel to turn up and if it does going to the supermarket cos we have no butter which is obviously a catastrophe for an olive oil avoiding Brit in Spain 😂

Those all sound like good womanly duties, well done!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It doesn't say Entregado......so it's not marked as delivered.

But there's a massive delay in post at the moment because bugger all gets done during August, so there's a backlog.

It does in the middle on the 6th December. Same date amazon has it marked as delivered. 

I guess as it's Spain I'll just wait and see what happens 😆

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It does in the middle on the 6th December. Same date amazon has it marked as delivered. 

I guess as it's Spain I'll just wait and see what happens 😆

It may mean delivered to the local sorting depot!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It is tricky being multitalented in many arena's, not something many men know anything about.. 

Just as long as you are multitalented in the kitchen and laundry.