What's on Your Bucket List?

Tango

What places have you got on your bucket list to visit? Near or far, doesn't matter.

I want to visit the Menin Gate and Oradour-sur-Glane as being discussed on another thread. What about you guys?

Or even places you've been that you'd recommend to others?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

What places have you got on your bucket list to visit? Near or far, doesn't matter.

I want to visit the Menin Gate and Oradour-sur-Glane as being discussed on another thread. What about you guys?

Places for me to visit will be in the UK............. i no longer have a passport.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

Oradour is fantastic and I’d thorough recommend it mate. The Menin Gate is on my list as one of my relatives is on the memorial.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clive said:

Places for me to visit will be in the UK............. i no longer have a passport.

But there's still plenty of excellent places in the UK to visit, Clive. Northumberland is still one of my favourite places to visit. Must have been there 10 times over the years and I never get bored of the area.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tango said:

I have sung with my Choir in the going down of the sun ceremony at the Menin Gate, 2019 I believe.  it is held every night.  Very moving experience and very worth a visit, we also sang at the Tyne Cott cemetery,  which was very difficult indeed, a sad place.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tango said:

Oh, and I do like Cornwall too, but it's just too mad busy during the summer months. Fantastic outside of that, though.

Now and before Easter are the best times, not many people here at all at the moment.  

• Like 2

Just now, Tango said:

Oh, and I do like Cornwall too, but it's just too mad busy during the summer months. Fantastic outside of that, though.

Wifey said she would like to visit the Tenby area once more, but when I told her the route and how long to get there her enthusiasm diminished.

Northumberland......been there delivering to RAF Boulmer, which is right on the coast, bugger all else there though.

• Like 1

I would love to go to Tobermory, or back to Cambridge.  Also Galway, although not the UK.    In fact I would love to go anywhere in Scandinavia, I travelled around there a bit in 1987 and swore I would go back, haven't yet 😐

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Now and before Easter are the best times, not many people here at all at the moment.  

I used to service analysers in the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro, so I'd head down early autumn and early spring for the routine services. A day to drive down, a day to service the analysers and a day to drive back, nice and leisurely. 😉👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have sung with my Choir in the going down of the sun ceremony at the Menin Gate, 2019 I believe.  it is held every night.  Very moving experience and very worth a visit, we also sang at the Tyne Cott cemetery,  which was very difficult indeed, a sad place.   

been to Tyne Cott cemetary... it is sad , brings it home what a waste of life war is .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Wifey said she would like to visit the Tenby area once more, but when I told her the route and how long to get there her enthusiasm diminished.

Northumberland......been there delivering to RAF Boulmer, which is right on the coast, bugger all else there though.

good biking roads

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

I would love to go to Tobermory, or back to Cambridge.  Also Galway, although not the UK.    In fact I would love to go anywhere in Scandinavia, I travelled around there a bit in 1987 and swore I would go back, haven't yet 😐

We went to Tromso and the Lofoten Islands in Northern Norway just before all this Covid stuff kicked off. It was late February and chuffing cold, but I'd go back there again in a heartbeat! Brilliant place, bit expensive, but just stunning scenery!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yeah, I've been near to RAF Boulmer, but there's so many castles and fantastic places to visit along that coast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

We went to Tromso and the Lofoten Islands in Northern Norway just before all this Covid stuff kicked off. It was late February and chuffing cold, but I'd go back there again in a heartbeat! Brilliant place, bit expensive, but just stunning scenery!

Norway was the one country I didn't get to.   I would love to go there.   I remember going out for a Saturday night in Helsinki and spending £100 which in 1987 was a lot to spunk on a night out.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Six30 said:

been to Tyne Cott cemetary... it is sad , brings it home what a waste of life war is .

Do you know what hit me most there, the joint graves were two men were buried together.  I naively asked why, the answer was they could not work out which body parts belonged to which man although they knew there were two and sometimes their identity.    That really hit home to me.   We went to Tyne Cott as a Cornish Choir as there are many men from the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry buried there.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Saul said:

Norway was the one country I didn't get to.   I would love to go there.   I remember going out for a Saturday night in Helsinki and spending £100 which in 1987 was a lot to spunk on a night out.  

20200302_101645.thumb.jpg.5e63a9f791b44fd015e9babf1a90ccdb.jpg

20200302_153336.thumb.jpg.30cf5c7473d2d8c1acd0a166ee83fe4e.jpg

20200304_110204.thumb.jpg.37d2a4305c7e078cdadb2d3e836a0557.jpg

20200303_223136.thumb.jpg.52b631ed04e2953b431d1abdbc518742.jpg

20200304_143804.thumb.jpg.bbba723ea97ad0384cb8f6d0d341dd7b.jpg

• Like 6

I want to sell everything and buy a huge junkyard. Im sick of having to take care of nice, nice is a pia, its hard work looking martha sterwart cute like this stupid house looks,

12 over 12 windows? ever try to wash 12 over 12 windows? impossible. I want to open the back door and just throw the bag of garbage to the gulls. Thats my Bucket list.

Move to a junkyard, just weld on chit for fun, build junkyard cars out of anything that happens to work, open fire pits....burn pits, burn pits are cool.

On the bucket list Burn pits! This is fun so far. :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tym said:

I want to sell everything and buy a huge junkyard. Im sick of having to take care of nice, nice is a pia, its hard work looking martha sterwart cute like this stupid house looks,

12 over 12 windows? ever try to wash 12 over 12 windows? impossible. I want to open the back door and just throw the bag of garbage to the gulls. Thats my Bucket list.

Move to a junkyard, just weld on chit for fun, build junkyard cars out of anything that happens to work, open fire pits....burn pits, burn pits are cool.

On the bucket list Burn pits! This is fun so far. :littleguy:

One of my old customers retired many years ago from working in the hospital labs. I met him again at one of his old colleagues retirement dinner and he was telling me how he was spending his retirement welding stuff together and also cutting up other stuff with a plasma cutter that he'd acquired! He was as happy as a pig in shit! Bucket lists are not just places, but also "things"! Burn pits? Why not? 👍😎

• Like 3