Voters and Mod Candidates - What you need to know!

XTreme

Please read this so everybody understands how important this is!

VOTERS

The voting will begin tomorrow (Wednesday morning) and will run until only TWO members remain! It will be a process of elimination!

This is not like BOTM where you might vote for your mate's bike or the most awful POS for a laugh......it's really serious. Getting the wrong temperament person could be catastrophic!

So we start voting tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, and on Thursday morning any nominees with 1 or less votes will be eliminated. If you voted for any of those you now have a chance to vote again.

On Friday morning any nominees with 2 or less votes will be eliminated, and it will continue onto Saturday (and possibly Sunday) to get down to the final two.

This way everybody will end up voting for 1 of the 2 new Mods and there will be no wasted votes!

MOD CANDIDATES

You're obviously in this Poll because you want to do this awful gig......but you must understand that this is a responsibility that you're taking on.

It needs your attendance here on a regular basis as there's no point in appointing Mods and then me still having to carry it on my own. No show Mods will be replaced.

It's not a power trip and you will not have the authority to ban people. You will have the power to lock, unpublish, and delete threads and posts, and to have a diplomatic word with members if required.

Obviously there's a lot more to it than that and you will have to familiarise yourself with the Mod controls available in the software.

If for any reason a Mod that's been appointed proves to be causing more problems than they're solving then they will have to be replaced!

And finally, if you still want to be in this vote, then post in here WHY you think you'd be an asset to the forum in this role.....it's essentially your opportunity to sell yourself!

For me I think I'd be a good mod given that I'm on here a fair amount and whilst I am not topping the posting charts I do view and read alot of what is going on, I don't take things to heart and can reason with both sides of an argument/disagreement. 

If you vote for me I'll make this forum a better experience for all.

Let's make this forum great again 

Donald Trump GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, busabeast said:

For me I think I'd be a good mod given that I'm on here a fair amount and whilst I am not topping the posting charts I do view and read alot of what is going on, I don't take things to heart and can reason with both sides of an argument/disagreement. 

If you vote for me I'll make this forum a better experience for all.

Let's make this forum great again 

Donald Trump GIF

Just take the America bit out....

• Haha 4

The only flaw I can see with this is if one person romps it and all the other candidates only get 1 vote in the first round and are effectively eliminated? Obviously you could run the poll again without the overall winner participating, but that could drag the whole thing out.

3 votes, first, second and third choice, with some kind of weighting? People with the most first choice votes get the gig, in the event of a 3-way draw, then second choice then third choice votes come into play? 

Just musing out loud.

• Like 5

I didn’t realise we would need to campaign. I’m already an asset to the forum. I’ve already said I want us to get back to a time when we don’t need moderation. 

errr….. fuck Putin?

the end

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Tango said:

The only flaw I can see with this is if one person romps it and all the other candidates only get 1 vote in the first round and are effectively eliminated? Obviously you could run the poll again without the overall winner participating, but that could drag the whole thing out.

3 votes, first, second and third choice, with some kind of weighting? People with the most first choice votes get the gig, in the event of a 3-way draw, then second choice then third choice votes come into play? 

Just musing out loud.

He wants to drag it out, he is an attention whore.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Buckster said:

He wants to drag it out, he is an attention whore.

No.....this has to be done properly so we get the right people.

And I'm not aware of any other forum that's ever put Mod appointments to a vote, normally Admin appoints them.

I don't have a good track record in that respect so I'm letting the members decide.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tango said:

The only flaw I can see with this is if one person romps it and all the other candidates only get 1 vote in the first round and are effectively eliminated?

In a case like that the winner drops out as he's got the approval.......and his voters recast for the second position.

I don't see that happening though......I think we'll get a result in two days.

• Like 1

Should be interesting watching those that cried for moderation get it.

Whats the odds they are the ones to complain about it.

Mark my words.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

No.....this has to be done properly so we get the right people.

And I'm not aware of any other forum that's ever put Mod appointments to a vote, normally Admin appoints them.

I don't have a good track record in that respect so I'm letting the members decide.

It’s just an excuse to have a poll.

Get Out More Get A Life GIF by Van der Valk

• Haha 2

For those who want to be a Mod you need to read and understand these Mod guidelines:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/moderating-content-r74/

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/the-moderator-cp-r83/

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/warnings-restrictions-r84/

Being able to navigate through that is part of the job........so if you think you won't be able to get to grips with it then you need to say so now!

I'm out, but it's not because of @XTreme guidelines or voting system .   I had a think about it last night and as @Buckster has stepped up to the plate and we have @Renegade , either of these two would do a much better job than me.

Phil @Renegade did a great job with Maximumbikes imo and although @Buckster vocabulary only extends to short offensive words at times he is quite an articulate and intelligent guy.

I'm not dissing anyone else who is in the running it's just that I know these two quite well.

• Like 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

I'm out, but it's not because of @XTreme guidelines or voting system .   I had a think about it last night and as @Buckster has stepped up to the plate and we have @Renegade , either of these two would do a much better job than me.

Phil @Renegade did a great job with Maximumbikes imo and although @Buckster vocabulary only extends to short offensive words at times he is quite an articulate and intelligent guy.

I'm not dissing anyone else who is in the running it's just that I know these two quite well.

OK......Bob is out!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

I think you would be a good moderator.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I think you would be a good moderator.

I do as well.....but ultimately it's Bob's decision.

So as my nominee has withdrawn......I can nominate again!

I'm going to throw @Tym's name into it! Does he accept?

• Like 1

Just imagining Buckster forming the welcoming committee for new members, that could be worth voting to see:rofl:

Although the idea of Pedro promising to be trigger happy is most tempting. If I was around long enough to see it 😂

@boboneleg I really don't think you should withdraw. You're on here enough to make a difference to Pete, would do a good job and would be a popular choice. 

• Like 4

Only if i get to show up in peoples faces or chase them out of Deals Gap Motel 6 like i did with Hack. Remember i get to fly Space A travel doesnt cost a dime.

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

For those who want to be a Mod you need to read and understand these Mod guidelines:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/moderating-content-r74/

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/the-moderator-cp-r83/

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/warnings-restrictions-r84/

Being able to navigate through that is part of the job........so if you think you won't be able to get to grips with it then you need to say so now!

Do we need a computer or can this be done on a phone?