American Iron

With it's engine design having separate lubricant for different functions... Trans.. Primary and clutch.. And engine using different compartment for oil... You have to keep in mind... This isn't a brass bushing bearing engine commenly found on wing Wong engines.. It has proper bearings... And some with proper care and maintenance can last upward of a million km... You still have some models riding around from the first world war ffs ... I have yet to see any Hondas from that time period riding around... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marcel said:

If it wasn't for harley and Indian motorcycles pushing the boundarys in the early 1900.. You lot would be all riding vespas and cheap wing Wong motorcycle...even thoe the big Japanese manufactures have spend trillions trying to copy this master piece of engenering marvel... They failed miserably.. (In reference look at Skippy's latess ride report)... 

So exactly what boundaries are these companies meant to have pushed?

Name me 3 things hardly or Indian did first before any proper motorcycle manufacturer did it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Marcel said:

With it's engine design having separate lubricant for different functions... Trans.. Primary and clutch.. And engine using different compartment for oil... You have to keep in mind... This isn't a brass bushing bearing engine commenly found on wing Wong engines.. It has proper bearings... And some with proper care and maintenance can last upward of a million km... You still have some models riding around from the first world war ffs ... I have yet to see any Hondas from that time period riding around... 

There weren't any Hondas back then you great pillock.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Marcel said:

You still have some models riding around from the first world war ffs ... I have yet to see any Hondas from that time period riding around... 

Maybe it's because the first Honda motorcycle wasn't built until after the Second World War?

That could have a bearing on it!

Star Trek Reaction GIF

• Haha 5

The japs bought the old Harley designs and built their own versions in the thirties. They subsequently developed on this platform and this kick started (pun intended) the Japanese motorcycle industry. Given the Japanese commitment to efficiency they rapidly developed smoother faster machines that completely lost the spirit of what motorcycles were all about but opened up the genre to boring fucks like you lot. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Maybe it's because the first Honda motorcycle wasn't built until after the Second World War?

That could have a bearing on it!

Star Trek Reaction GIF

Exactly the point.

29 minutes ago, busabeast said:

So exactly what boundaries are these companies meant to have pushed?

Name me 3 things hardly or Indian did first before any proper motorcycle manufacturer did it

First I'm not even gonna mention that they are responsible for creating the motorcycle universe has you know it now...or speed and performance.. But here's a few.. 

Screenshot_20221102_063100_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221102_063016_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Given the Japanese commitment to efficiency they rapidly developed smoother faster machines that completely lost the spirit of what motorcycles were all about

I see!

So motorcycling is all about vibrations and slowness?

Why wasn't I told?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

First I'm not even gonna mention that they are responsible for creating the motorcycle universe has you know it now...or speed and performance.. But here's a few.. 

Screenshot_20221102_063100_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221102_063016_com.android.chrome.jpg

How is an advert for a HD dealership supposed to prove anything?

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I see!

Why wasn't I told?

Vibrations and going slow is a womans thing i thought. 🤪

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I see!

Why wasn't I told?

It’s about character and stirring the soul, but you are ginger so both those things are beyond you.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How is an advert for a HD dealership supposed to prove anything?

Have you looked at the front page recently?.... Its looking like it's going to be and excellent month... 

Have you ever test ridden a harley? Leaving the small entries out like the sporster...and I'm not talking about the kinds of stuff you do... 50 km.. Walk into some kind of tunnel having a dump in some abandoned building... Like a thousand km day? 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Have you ever test ridden a harley? Like a thousand km day? 

No......cos I'm not a rampant homosexual!

And why would I want to do a 1000km day? What's enjoyable about that?

Ever heard of the Law of Diminishing Returns?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Have you looked at the front page recently?.... Its looking like it's going to be and excellent month... 

Have you ever test ridden a harley? Leaving the small entries out like the sporster...and I'm not talking about the kinds of stuff you do... 50 km.. Walk into some kind of tunnel having a dump in some abandoned building... Like a thousand km day? 

Agreed why would anyone want to ride a 1000km a day there would be 0 fun in that, and yes I've test ridden a hardley before and it was fucking horrible, they are unwieldy, cumbersome, uncomfortable, slow, don't go round corners.....do you want me to continue. 

And the boat in question that I tested was a street grid special.....I'm yet to work out just what was special about it??

Maybe the special part is the people who buy them they need to be that special that they belong in a funny farm and shouldn't be allowed out without supervision 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No......cos I'm not a rampant homosexual!

And why would I want to do a 1000km day? What's enjoyable about that?

Ever heard of the Law of Diminishing Returns?

Quoting another legend... It's about the experience.. The open road.. Freedom the wind in your face...feeling the glorious vtwin torque take you along on your journey... You seem to have lost your spirit of what it's all about.... 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Agreed why would anyone want to ride a 1000km a day there would be 0 fun in that, and yes I've test ridden a hardley before and it was fucking horrible, they are unwieldy, cumbersome, uncomfortable, slow, don't go round corners.....do you want me to continue. 

And the boat in question that I tested was a street grid special.....I'm yet to work out just what was special about it??

Maybe the special part is the people who buy them they need to be that special that they belong in a funny farm and shouldn't be allowed out without supervision 

You just can't ride worth a damn, you need the bike to everything for you. Soulless twat.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Quoting another legend... It's about the experience.. The open road.. Freedom the wind in your face...feeling the glorious vtwin torque take you along on your journey... You seem to have lost your spirit of what it's all about.... 

They will never get it, they are people who own motorcycles, not bikers. They ride the road, we own the road. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

For your answer please ready the previous reply from Buck... You pre adolescents mind.. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

They will never get it, they are people who own motorcycles, not bikers.

I've never called myself a Biker.......only a Greaser! Which evolved from Rockers!

Once a Greaser......always a Greaser!

What you say @Renegade?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1