Cognitive Dissonance

zzzak

6 hours ago, zzzak said:

Here's an example.

environm ebt.JPG

I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent? Actually ice has a greater volume than water, so you'll notice that the level has dropped slightly after it melts.

Anyway, fill the jug to the same level with water, and we'll call this the oceans, ok? Now go to your freezer (which we'll call Antarctica) and grab a good handful of ice cubes and drop them into the beaker (oceans) and then see what happens to the water level in the beaker (oceans). I'll give you a clue, it's called the Archimedes principle. Eureka!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent? Actually ice has a greater volume than water, so you'll notice that the level has dropped slightly after it melts.

Anyway, fill the jug to the same level with water, and we'll call this the oceans, ok? Now go to your freezer (which we'll call Antarctica) and grab a good handful of ice cubes and drop them into the beaker (oceans) and then see what happens to the water level in the beaker (oceans). I'll give you a clue, it's called the Archimedes principle. Eureka!

Lost me at "fill the jug" 😂 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Tango said:

See what I mean, fill the jug to the same level, the same level as what, then add ice, the ice comes from the seawater freezing, there is no extra water available.

Yes I know that saltwater doesn't freeze.

19 hours ago, Tango said:

Icebergs are irrelevant to rising sea levels as they are already part of the sea, the deniers however conveniently ignore glaciers which exist on land and if they melt faster than they are replenished then they add to the volume of the oceans raising sea levels. If all the glaciers in the world were to melt it would raise sea level by about 200 feet.

• Like 5

I was thinking about 6 feet, right? This is about the american funduded gain of function research done in whohan, not done so well dont weave wack oors open!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Buckster said:

Icebergs are irrelevant to rising sea levels as they are already part of the sea, the deniers however conveniently ignore glaciers which exist on land and if they melt faster than they are replenished then they add to the volume of the oceans raising sea levels. If all the glaciers in the world were to melt it would raise sea level by about 200 feet.

image_2022-11-01_071625636.png

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

That theory doesn't hold much water

It sure holds more than Bucksters idiotic statement, for the water to rise 200' it would need to happen worldwide due to the fact that water finds it's own level, where's all that water coming from, glaciers, he's deluded, that or he doesn't understand basic shit.

• Haha 2