Fourth Weekend in October!

XTreme

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

specifically sports television and is flat out cos of some major sporting thing happening in Spain next year (maybe the World Cup?)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, World cup is this year and it's in Qatar 

boring-boring-meme.gif.131023718876a01bc3cd8e0b3327e852.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

They’re not exactly famed for speedy work 😆

I get the impression Pedro the landlord is a very competent person. Since I’ve been here he’s arranged a plumber to fix a leaky tap who turned up the next day and sorted it pronto (nice tap too 😆). Arranged the wifi installation on a day that suited us within just a few days and now the aircon fitters the day after we arrive who got the job done in about 2hrs. 

Apparently he works in television, specifically sports television and is flat out cos of some major sporting thing happening in Spain next year (maybe the World Cup?) and yet he still finds the time to write nice emails and sort everything thing out seamlessly. It makes it impossible to leave this well managed cocoon and go back to my own comparatively shambolic life in Blighty. It’s like having an unobtrusive babysitter 😂

There are some Spaniards who are really on the ball and get shit done.

But they're a rare breed.....so when you find one, hold onto them!

• Like 2

As I have said before I work weekends but so far this one looks like it is going to turn out ok. 

My boss rang to say that I have no clinician tonight (Friday) for my contracted shift so I don't have to go in but will be paid,  I have to stay on call but in reality if I don't hear anything by midnight I can go to bed.  Woohoo!     

Saturday I have been moved from Launceston Hospital to St Austell which is 25 miles closer to home and the shift is an hour shorter.  Another win, Woohoo.  

Sanday is a normal shift but no complaints I am lucky and really enjoy my job.  

Also a result as I have 114 miles knocked off my regular 192 mile commute for the 3 days.  

• Like 4

Just now, Saul said:

As I have said before I work weekends but so far this one looks like it is going to turn out ok. 

My boss rang to say that I have no clinician tonight (Friday) for my contracted shift so I don't have to go in but will be paid,  I have to stay on call but in reality if I don't hear anything by midnight I can go to bed.  Woohoo!     

Saturday I have been moved from Launceston Hospital to St Austell which is 25 miles closer to home and the shift is an hour shorter.  Another win, Woohoo.  

Also a result as I have 114 miles knocked off my regular 192 mile commute for the 3 days.  

Quick go buy a lottery ticket 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

That's a fair old commute......going to be hard going in Winter!

Hence my fussing about warm hands and such, trying to get as prepared as I can.   To be fair it rarely gets that cold in Cornwall and if it gets icey I will be using my van.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Blimey that was fast the aircons been fitted upstairs already. A lot of mess to clean up now though 🙄 

There's really no pleasing you.

Brits!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

Hence my fussing about warm hands and such, trying to get as prepared as I can.   To be fair it rarely gets that cold in Cornwall and if it gets icey I will be using my van.   

Will the bike be going in the back of said van 🤔 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saul said:

Nah, van is only a Combo bike won't fit in there.  

The reason Rich asked that is because there's a sad twat on here who takes his bikes everywhere (even touring) in a van.

Then just gets them out to take a photo (not a very good one either) and then puts them back inside again.

Yes......this place attracts the very shallow end of the gene pool.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The reason Rich asked that is because there's a sad twat on here who takes his bikes everywhere (even touring) in a van.

Then just gets them out to take a photo (not a very good one either) and then puts them back inside again.

Yes......this place attracts the very shallow end of the gene pool.

Touring … the closest you come to touring is going to Bazza or whatever the place is called ….

in a fucking Citroen Picasso 

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Touring … the closest you come to touring is going to Bazza or whatever the place is called ….

in a fucking Citroen Picasso 

I'd prefer to do that than drive my bikes around in a van!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'd prefer to do that than drive my bikes around in a van!

But when I get to my chosen destination in the dry and comfort of my van … the bike comes out and I do more miles on bike in 3 or 4 days than you do all year 

2DC1C090-1266-42EF-BB71-D23C0FC69164.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

But when I get to my chosen destination in the dry and comfort of my van … the bike comes out and I do more miles on bike in 3 or 4 days than you do all year 

2DC1C090-1266-42EF-BB71-D23C0FC69164.gif

Yes of course you do! :classic_unsure: