A photo you took today.................

boboneleg

On 26/12/2023 at 09:21, gymwitch said:

Bill & Ted.....i couldn't stand the house after losing both my dogs so i rescued these two dudes 😁

Funnily enough my mum had a house guinea pig when I was younger.  Entertaining little chap, lot of character and surprisingly intelligent for a little fella.   I am pretty sure they are eaten in South America.    

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 09:28, Saul said:

Funnily enough my mum had a house guinea pig when I was younger.  Entertaining little chap, lot of character and surprisingly intelligent for a little fella.   I am pretty sure they are eaten in South America.    

These two are very entertaining 😁 yes they are farmed in south america. 

• Like 3

No end of life involved.    Quite normal to use that stuff for pain relief in certain situations.    Reason I have to photograph it is so my clinician has the batch number and exp dates for his notes.  Plus I have to witness their issue.    Controlled Drugs are very tightly monitored and tracked.   Shipman’s legacy or so it is said.    

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Saul said:

No end of life involved.    Quite normal to use that stuff for pain relief in certain situations.    Reason I have to photograph it is so my clinician has the batch number and exp dates for his notes.  Plus I have to witness their issue.    Controlled Drugs are very tightly monitored and tracked.   Shipman’s legacy or so it is said.    

Cam you come give me some of that shit for my ribs mate, im in agony with them in 3 different places around the same rib. Just to right of my sternum, directly opposite position on my back and on my side.

Not been to a&e to get it checked because they can't do fuck all for ribs so just taking ibuprofen when I remember to take it but it definitely doesn't seem to be touching the pain

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

You could be issued that at A & E in the short term.   There is not much to be done for ribs as you say but they could help with pain relief.   Don’t be a macho tit, tell them like it is.   Also for fucks don’t ask for morphine because that will guarantee you won’t get it.     Chances are you will get pain relief but what that is depends on the clinician.  Might be worth trying a MIU as you will be seen quicker the worst they would do is send you to A & E.  
As for me getting it, the old bill would be on my case quick smart if CD’s went missing.  As I said very tightly regulated.   

CD’s and Scripts are the Bain of my working life.   Can’t make mistakes with those fucking things.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Saul said:

You could be issued that at A & E in the short term.   There is not much to be done for ribs as you say but they could help with pain relief.   Don’t be a macho tit, tell them like it is.   Also for fucks don’t ask for morphine because that will guarantee you won’t get it.     Chances are you will get pain relief but what that is depends on the clinician.  Might be worth trying a MIU as you will be seen quicker the worst they would do is send you to A & E.  
As for me getting it, the old bill would be on my case quick smart if CD’s went missing.  As I said very tightly regulated.   

CD’s and Scripts are the Bain of my working life.   Can’t make mistakes with those fucking things.  

What's an MUI? I'm not so much being macho just know that fuck all can really be done for ribs so just sorta getting on with it, even though it's almost debilitating at times, fairly sure I haven't busted my rib(s) though 

• Like 1

Minor Injuries Unit.   They deal with breaks strains cuts and stuff very often much quieter that A&E and there are many more of them.   Normally running their clinics  between 8am and 8pm.  Google for your nearest, failing that ring 111 and they will book you an appointment and tell you the best place to go.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, busabeast said:

What's an MUI? I'm not so much being macho just know that fuck all can really be done for ribs so just sorta getting on with it, even though it's almost debilitating at times, fairly sure I haven't busted my rib(s) though 

You been playing rugby again

• Haha 2

Ass end of one storm or beginning of the next but it’s windy out there today.  Feels colder than the forecasted 8 degrees C    
Took the Dear Boy and the Darkness with me 😐

IMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.61f37a30dc13c7629da58eba911a5c78.jpegIMG_1073.thumb.jpeg.56b63585ccb0bcb44b0f2a39678df92d.jpegIMG_1078.thumb.jpeg.d95e482e833785778e5767a655b49018.jpeg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Saul said:

Ass end of one storm or beginning of the next but it’s windy out there today.  Feels colder than the forecasted 8 degrees C    
Took the Dear Boy and the Darkness with me 😐

IMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.61f37a30dc13c7629da58eba911a5c78.jpegIMG_1073.thumb.jpeg.56b63585ccb0bcb44b0f2a39678df92d.jpegIMG_1078.thumb.jpeg.d95e482e833785778e5767a655b49018.jpeg

The darkness?