And so this is Xmas!

XTreme

51 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

No one knew that at the time. Dad included....having said that, had i have known i wouldnt have stayed with him anyway as he was a twat and owned a Harley. 

True story. She said she just couldnt stand the leather chaps any longer. The embarrassment was killing her. 

:rofl:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

That must sound odd a Welsh accent in Spanish?

Nowhere near as funny as a Jamaican with a Bristol accent :classic_laugh:

When a big dude with dreads an all walks up to you and says 'allright my luvver'  it doesn't half turn your head.

• Haha 6

We have a polish welsh guy over the road. He was really offended when we mentioned his polish accent. His wife is german and hes obvs welsh but her accent has rubbed off on him...she speaks very little English so i assume he speaks German.

Anyhoo my hubs was chatting to a guy and on explaining where we live this guy says oh my polish mate lives over the road from us !!! So hubs says no he is Welsh and this guy says ohhh yeah but we all call him the polish one. 🤣

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

We have a polish welsh guy over the road. He was really offended when we mentioned his polish accent. His wife is german and hes obvs welsh but her accent has rubbed off on him...she speaks very little English so i assume he speaks German.

Anyhoo my hubs was chatting to a guy and on explaining where we live this guy says oh my polish mate lives over the road from us !!! So hubs says no he is Welsh and this guy says ohhh yeah but we all call him the polish one. 🤣

When you say over the road I assume you mean in the lay-by opposite the one you are currently parked in.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

That must sound odd a Welsh accent in Spanish?

Not really because the Spanish accent has peaks and troughs like the Welsh one......but it's harsher and less melodic than the Welsh one.

People who don't know me think I'm Scandinavian or Dutch.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Not really because the Spanish accent has peaks and troughs like the Welsh one......but it's harsher and less melodic than the Welsh one.

People who don't know me think I'm Scandinavian or Dutch.

Yeah and we still think you are a Welsh Twat.

• Haha 3

We survived Christmas day and boxing day! Hoorah! We actually didn't drink much alcohol and Christmas Dinner was a manageable size, but we waited until the evening for some Christmas pud. Planning another mini Christmas Dinner this evening to use up some more of the turkey and the leftover veg. 

Had a few Zoom calls over the last couple of days to catch up with family that we weren't able to see. Mandy is off today and tomorrow, so we may head over to Triumph in Montpellier tomorrow to drool over some bikes!

• Like 5