dr marten boots

skyrider

just been looking on fleabay at dr marten boots  and the price of them they are now a horrendous price climbing towards 200 notes, i always wore black 1460's 8 hole, but now if that's how much they rush i think me and docs have come to an end i will move on to another make 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

I wear Para boots from the army surplus, new soles fitted..... £45, the things are almost indestructible!.😂

Thanks Clive i will have to look into that

• Like 2

When i find a boot i like i get pissed off when they discontinue them or hike the price up. DM's are a fashion statement now so you have that to deal with I've got a pair of CAT boots that are now about 30 years old no chance of replacing them for the same

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When i find a boot i like i get pissed off when they discontinue them or hike the price up. DM's are a fashion statement now so you have that to deal with I've got a pair of CAT boots that are now about 30 years old no chance of replacing them for the same

i once had a pair of cat boots and both soles dropped off the first day i wore them so i wont be getting anymore , looking on reviews for boots a lot of people say redwing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i once had a pair of cat boots and both soles dropped off the first day i wore them so i wont be getting anymore , looking on reviews for boots a lot of people say redwing 

Seems they are as expensive, if not moreso than Dr. Martins.🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think i paid about £70 all those years ago 

Have a look at the work boot version of the DM's there might be an alternative in them 

I will stick with the Para boots, they even come broken in.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

thats a good do they wont squeeze as much

Work gave me some work boots, the things were painful to wear for the 1st  month..

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

I will stick with the Para boots, they even come broken in.😂

That is what i liked about the CAT ones i bought they didn't need any breaking in, comfy from the 1st day. like the work boots i buy now well work buys, i like a tall boot but work will only pay about £50 towards boots the ones i want are £75 so i settle for the shorter ones as i'm tight lol but god their comfy, warm and dry the only thing i don't like is the soles don't last long before they leak 

These are the work boots i usually have could walk in them all day and most days i do

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114021268873?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=414305558527&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

• Like 3

I have a pair of Timberland work boots, the Profi line that you buy in work safety shops not on fashion stores. They’ve got a composite toe cap and are made of leather, not suede, ultra grippy soles and impact cushioning, best boots I ever wore and used to really help go through winters on the warehouse. They were half the price of a normal Timberland boot when I got them, and a lot better built. 

After abusing them for years, my brother now uses them on the field in Croatia when he goes to construction sites, I highly recommend them.

• Like 4