My life after rugby.....

busabeast

So having just hung my boots up begrudgingly to rugby i now need something else to fill my time with and having had a long hard think I see no other option but to look in to motorcycle club racing, I have my old zx6r j1 just sitting around in the garage so last night I decided that I would buy the necessary parts to make it in to a track bike though im sure I will need some more than the race fairing, screen, undertray, hugger, levers and rearsets and chain and sprocket kit that I have just ordered.

From memory I need a new battery, lever guards and a lock wire kit.

I know I also need a 1 piece leathers, boots, gloves and lid but they are easy enough to pick up.

Now I need to find some sponsorship!!

So if anyone wouldn't mind it would be greatly appreciated 👍

Oh and this will be the build page so everyone can see whats going wrong 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

So having just hung my boots up begrudgingly to rugby i now need something else to fill my time with and having had a long hard think I see no other option but to look in to motorcycle club racing, I have my old zx6r j1 just sitting around in the garage so last night I decided that I would buy the necessary parts to make it in to a track bike though im sure I will need some more than the race fairing, screen, undertray, hugger, levers and rearsets and chain and sprocket kit that I have just ordered.

From memory I need a new battery, lever guards and a lock wire kit.

I know I also need a 1 piece leathers, boots, gloves and lid but they are easy enough to pick up.

Now I need to find some sponsorship!!

So if anyone wouldn't mind it would be greatly appreciated 👍

Oh and this will be the build page so everyone can see whats going wrong 

Nice one Rich......it'll be interesting to see how this pans out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Rich......it'll be interesting to see how this pans out!

Yeah its going to be an adventure thats for sure, the mrs just thinks I'm going to be doing trackdays.....little does she know 😏 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Yeah its going to be an adventure thats for sure, the mrs just thinks I'm going to be doing trackdays.....little does she know 😏 

Hope you don't bugger up more than your knees.....Good luck with the new venture.Fx Wreck GIF by Mayans M.C.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Its hard leaving your sport but i hope this new venture fills that gap. Good luck. Cant wait to see this adventure 😊 

Thanks im looking forward to getting in to it

• Like 2

Nice one, Rich. I had a mate who did clubman racing back in the mid/late 70's. He had this frankenstein bike with a Greaves engine in it. He never won any races, but none of us could keep up with him out on the road!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Well hopefully I'll be abit more successful 

Against superfit teenagers with fast reactions who are half your weight and riding modern machines?

Course you will!

Benny Hill What GIF

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

Sounds like a sexy number, might give our resident mermaid some competition with that 1 piece......😉

Pics are always welcome! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Against superfit teenagers with fast reactions who are half your weight and riding modern machines?

Course you will!

Benny Hill What GIF

Im still young enough to have decent reaction times and weight i can shed so don't fret pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

You know, I can't recall seeing a picture of you on here @Six30

I think a few pics are in order, work it for us......😆

there is a couple on here somewhere...