My life after rugby.....

busabeast

4 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

IMG-20220611-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.1a2e205ec10ae9da9564651fe8c1f8b7.jpeg

Well it is now in my possession...what a machine, the sound is like thunder and sooo addictive. 

now it's safely tucked away in the garage with its stablemate. 

Tomorrow will be going over it to make sure all is well but the little ride around the car park I had before I put it in the van showed no obvious signs of anything wrong or loose though but a good check over will be done as a double check. 

More pics to follow

@Six30 is going to jump at this shit!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tym said:

Ive come to page 6 for the answer, is there, or isnt there, life after rugby. 🤪

Well it looks like there could well be life after rugby 20220611_205350.thumb.jpg.b06131f90b03da67f554030088894dce.jpg

the ninjas new stablemate has arrived  safe and well 

• Like 4

Well today after my family duties are done I'll crack on with checking over the mille for anything untoward though with the paperwork I have with the bike it would suggest that it's wanted for nothing its a 1 owner from new motorcycle with a mostly dealer service history and was converted into a trackbike earlier last year.

It seems abit of a faf to select neutral but not sure if that's an issue with the bike or how it's meant to be though I'm sure someone in the know could let me know. 

I have just ordered a dB killer as currently it sounds like it could easily wake the dead so highly doubtful it would meet the noise regulations for most if not all track days though it looks to have spent a good few days on the track recently so I may be wrong with its loudness but I figured for the sake of 25 quid it is better to have it and not need it that need it and not have it in the tool cabinet 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

So I have been around the bike and everything is good, now I need to get a trackday booked 

Sounds nice! Where's your nearest track?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Sounds nice! Where's your nearest track?

Croft is my nearest but there's not much going on there atm, looking at either Donnington or Cadwell.

Looking at early next month 

• Like 3

On 12/06/2022 at 16:35, Richzx6r said:

I have now decided on Donnington on the 12th July 

I may come and watch (laugh at) you, it's only 25 minutes from me, and it's free to spectate.motion motorcycle GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

I may come and watch (laugh at) you, it's only 25 minutes from me, and it's free to spectate.motion motorcycle GIF

Yeh.....good idea Clive!

The stupid boy seems determined to injure himself one way or another!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/06/2022 at 14:14, Richzx6r said:

So I have been around the bike and everything is good, now I need to get a trackday booked 

That looks nice!

My brother's friends with someone that won a portuguese championship dedicated to amateurs an open class bikes with something very similar to that. He's also a big and tall guy, says a big twin like that suits him a lot more than a 4 cylinder bike. His has two exhausts, though, here on the corner of this picture.

IMG_0127.thumb.JPG.1dfd3e65ade26971632ef33bc93232d4.JPG

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....good idea Clive!

Shame I ain't a video recorder, to recorded the ensuing carnage. 

Scared Uh Oh GIF by MotoAmerica

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clive said:

That would be good Clive, let me know if you chose to pop along and we can meet up for a cuppa

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

That looks nice!

My brother's friends with someone that won a portuguese championship dedicated to amateurs an open class bikes with something very similar to that. He's also a big and tall guy, says a big twin like that suits him a lot more than a 4 cylinder bike. His has two exhausts, though, here on the corner of this picture.

IMG_0127.thumb.JPG.1dfd3e65ade26971632ef33bc93232d4.JPG

Very nice, I believe mine would originally have come with twin exhausts but it's been converted into a single. 

This is my very first vtwin so hopefully it suits my style of riding too compared to the inline 4s but time will tell.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....good idea Clive!

I'm not determined to injure myself I just need something to do with my spare time now that rugby is out of the window and I have thoroughly enjoyed the 4 trackdays I've been on so far so what better way to fill my time than scare myself stupid every once in a while.

I'll leave the stamp collecting and knitting to you

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

That would be good Clive, let me know if you chose to pop along and we can meet up for a cuppa

Let you know Rich. 👍 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I'm not determined to injure myself I just need something to do with my spare time now that rugby is out of the window and I have thoroughly enjoyed the 4 trackdays I've been on so far so what better way to fill my time than scare myself stupid every once in a while.

I'll leave the stamp collecting and knitting to you

Better to have your track day at Donington........Cadwell is nice but not as safe as Donington. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

Better to have your track day at Donington........Cadwell is nice but not as safe as Donington. 

This is true the mountain section is pretty damned hairy.....but then again Donnington has its moments with it being so damn fast

• Like 1