Worst Live Performance?

XTreme

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't listen to him anymore, nowadays he sounds like the 3rd reserve for the pub singer 🙄

I never listened to him.......but with that one I made an exception! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Worst concert i've ever seen was Rolling Stones in the early 80s, at Anaheim Stadium.  Only concert that summer that was over before dark. 

Ironically, the best concert i've ever heard was the Rolling Stones the following weekend, broadcast from San Diego.  go figure.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gary Moore at Wembley Arena on the After the War tour.

The support band were a bit crap. Then Gary Moore came on, but there was a loud buzzing from his guitar. The techs were working furiously but weren't getting anywhere. At the end of the second song he said "fuck this" and stormed off stage, the house lights came up after a minute or two and that was it. No refunds or anything! I vowed that I'd never go to another Gary Moore gig, but a few years later my late brother-in-law talked me into going to see his Still Got the Blues tour at Hammersmith Odeon. I've got to say, that gig was bloody excellent. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tym said:

Who what...nevermind. Came and went that fast in my mind. How the fuck do people like that make money doing...that?

😀

i wouldn't go and watch that faggot anyway

• Haha 3

In my case it was Deep Purple MkIII in Swansea 1974.

Coverdale and Hughes trying (and failing) to do Gillan material was just pitiful. People were slow handclapping!

They were always up against it anyway......because the support band was Elf.

Who had (at the time) an unknown singer who just blew everybody away!

ronnie james dio rip GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

In my case it was Deep Purple MkIII in Swansea 1974.

Coverdale and Hughes trying (and failing) to do Gillan material was just pitiful. People were slow handclapping!

They were always up against it anyway......because the support band was Elf.

Who had (at the time) an unknown singer who just blew everybody away!

ronnie james dio rip GIF

I saw Black Sabbath when Ronnie James Dio was with them. Excellent gig. 😎

• Like 1

I saw the Clash in Bristol about 1979.  It was obvious by the third song that they were so off their faces they didn't know what they were doing.  A short  while after they brought on a toaster called Mikey Dread who sounded like a speeded up version of Jamaica's mickey mouse.

I left after 10 more mintues and went to the pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sanford-Townsend Band, whose hit was "Smoke from a Different Fire".   Song became a hit after they had split up, so scrambled around to do a tour.  tried pencils in my ears, but it wouldnt help.

Inside of one concert: i went to see Santana at the local fair. (I will go anywhere to see him and Clapton).  The first part of the concert was just ok.  To be polite, we clapped him back out for an encore, which turned out to be 1000% better and we didnt want him to leave!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tango said:

Gary Moore at Wembley Arena on the After the War tour.

The support band were a bit crap. Then Gary Moore came on, but there was a loud buzzing from his guitar. The techs were working furiously but weren't getting anywhere. At the end of the second song he said "fuck this" and stormed off stage, the house lights came up after a minute or two and that was it. No refunds or anything! I vowed that I'd never go to another Gary Moore gig, but a few years later my late brother-in-law talked me into going to see his Still Got the Blues tour at Hammersmith Odeon. I've got to say, that gig was bloody excellent. 

He was a miserable sod, well known for it. I saw him on the SCARS tour in Brighton and people kept shouting for Parisienne Walkways. His reply was 'fuck off you cunts'.

Worst live performance was White Lion at Wembley Arena in 1989. They were supporting Motley Crue along with Skid Row. Skid Row and the Crue were awesome but White Lion was the only live performance I've ever slept through.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rob M said:

He was a miserable sod, well known for it. I saw him on the SCARS tour in Brighton and people kept shouting for Parisienne Walkways. His reply was 'fuck off you cunts'.

Worst live performance was White Lion at Wembley Arena in 1989. They were supporting Motley Crue along with Skid Row. Skid Row and the Crue were awesome but White Lion was the only live performance I've ever slept through.

Just watched the video.. which took me back. Hard to believe Phil Lynott died 35yrs ago. he would be 72 now had he survived the effects of his heroin dependency. such a tragic loss.

800px-Phil_Lynott_Statue_at_Bruxelles_Dublin.jpg

• Like 3