Old men showing how it's done

Grace (BikeHedonia)

I heard a rumour that the median age in this group is not that low, well I have no sympathy. I just spend a day in the jungle with a bunch of old men who throw themselves up cliffs every sunday for fun. Compete I cannot. Oh hell no. Learn, I will.

I was going to add a video but apparently that format's not supported so you're just going to have settle for a photo and use your imagination. Anyway these guys are masters, not just of trials but enduro too. I have realised that I need these skills if I want to ride enduro with people who are bigger, stronger and longer of leg than me. Learning from an Japanese guy who's nearly 70, well, that's the day I don't get to complain about how everyone is bigger and stronger than me. 

These guys are legends.

Screenshot_20211110_064909.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

I heard a rumour that the median age in this group is not that low, well I have no sympathy. I just spend a day in the jungle with a bunch of old men who throw themselves up cliffs every sunday for fun. Compete I cannot. Oh hell no. Learn, I will.

I was going to add a video but apparently that format's not supported so you're just going to have settle for a photo and use your imagination. Anyway these guys are masters, not just of trials but enduro too. I have realised that I need these skills if I want to ride enduro with people who are bigger, stronger and longer of leg than me. Learning from an Japanese guy who's nearly 70, well, that's the day I don't get to complain about how everyone is bigger and stronger than me. 

These guys are legends.

One part of me goes, what the heck are they doing that for.....

The other part of me goes.....COOL & Impressive.....😎😆

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tym said:

I dont want to brag butt at almost 63 i do at least three or four really stupid human tricks a day and most cause blood flow. 😃

See, you're a legend. Doing stupid stuff keeps you both young and legendary. Us grasshoppers need role models to look up to 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

See, you're a legend. Doing stupid stuff keeps you both young and legendary. Us grasshoppers need role models to look up to 

😃

35 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The word is unstable in Tym's case Grace! :classic_laugh:

Would someone unstable take this to sea last night to land on a rock thats not above water? 😃

hgdftyrresresres.thumb.jpg.93cb62c836de287d3185f0fc62127c16.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Wow......that's some skill!

Maximum result for minimum energy expenditure... when these guys ride enduro you see the difference between them and the guys who have never ridden trials. One group rides smoothly, in control, minimum energy; the others are smashing obstacles and making themselves tired...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I recon I could get up that on that trials bike, I know @Sir Fallsalot could.  That's not bragging just the fact that we come across rock steps when we're out trail riding, perhaps not that high but enough on a trail bike (there's a difference).   More power to those guys ,  I'm 63 and I'm minus a leg but I still get down and dirty

IMG_8977.thumb.JPEG.6986e9f2f2e9d4e87cb763ff7ff940ab.JPEG.5238443351cfc74df298d35752a86ef6.JPEG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

All the best enduro riders started out doing Trials, David Knight, Graham Jarvis and many others
MX riders simply cannot handle the gnarly stuff, been out with a few and they always head for the nearest fire road to get them home by mid morning LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/11/2021 at 10:49, boboneleg said:

I recon I could get up that on that trials bike, I know @Sir Fallsalot could.  That's not bragging just the fact that we come across rock steps when we're out trail riding, perhaps not that high but enough on a trail bike (there's a difference).   More power to those guys ,  I'm 63 and I'm minus a leg but I still get down and dirty

IMG_8977.thumb.JPEG.6986e9f2f2e9d4e87cb763ff7ff940ab.JPEG.5238443351cfc74df298d35752a86ef6.JPEG

I don’t think much to the parking areas around there.🤣

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I like the trials bikes but always found myself trail riding with them rather than actually doing trials sections, so went back to trail bikes. I don't have many photos of my trials bikes or me on them these are about all i have

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

now thats a look of concentration in that last one 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I like the trials bikes but always found myself trail riding with them rather than actually doing trials sections, so went back to trail bikes. I don't have many photos of my trials bikes or me on them these are about all i have

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

You're not such a fat cunt in those pics Fred?

• Haha 4