Brands of Gear That You Prefer?

Tango

Bull-it armoured jeggings. They are high waisted, stretchy and warm. Perfect fit and super comfy. HJC flip top hemet...fits perfectly. RST waterproof boots... warm and completely watwrproof but i have to go 2 sizes up to fit my hench calves in 😁

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Bull-it armoured jeggings. They are high waisted, stretchy and warm. Perfect fit and super comfy. HJC flip top hemet...fits perfectly. RST waterproof boots... warm and completely watwrproof but i have to go 2 sizes up to fit my hench calves in 😁

Are jeggings a woman’s thing? Or is it a brit thing?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the Schuberth C4 pro. Apparently the C3 is good, C4 is crap and the C4 pro is good so long as you dont want to use the integrated coms kit that wiggles lose from its connectors (I hate coms anyway).

Its extremely comfortable (for me more so than the neotec 2) and the flip is very easy to use one handed. Its a snug fit round the base of the helmet so I find it much quieter that the neotec which as some speeds would whistle.

I tried it on at the same time as the Caberg Duke II which I really wanted to prefer what with it being a third of the price (£135 V’s £340) and I think nicer looking but there was no contest, schuberth was instantly a better helmet and by such a margin the price was well worth it. I would have liked the C5 which is supposedly the dogs but thats back up to the £600 mark and its release is the only reason plebs like me can fork out for the now reduced C4 Pro 😂 

Safety wise I can confirm it stops face removal as on its very first outing my head checked out the quality of stones used in Spanish gravel traps. They are stoney for anyone wondering. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just bought the Schuberth C4 pro. Apparently the C3 is good, C4 is crap and the C4 pro is good so long as you dont want to use the integrated coms kit that wiggles lose from its connectors (I hate coms anyway).

Its extremely comfortable (for me more so than the neotec 2) and the flip is very easy to use one handed. Its a snug fit round the base of the helmet so I find it much quieter that the neotec which as some speeds would whistle.

I tried it on at the same time as the Caberg Duke II which I really wanted to prefer what with it being a third of the price (£135 V’s £340) and I think nicer looking but there was no contest, schuberth was instantly a better helmet and by such a margin the price was well worth it. I would have liked the C5 which is supposedly the dogs but thats back up to the £600 mark and its release is the only reason plebs like me can fork out for the now reduced C4 Pro 😂 

Safety wise I can confirm it stops face removal as on its very first outing my head checked out the quality of stones used in Spanish gravel traps. They are stoney for anyone wondering. 

Did you buy it from Helmet City in Cheddar ?

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Did you buy it from Helmet City in Cheddar ?

I did, I like them, theyre honest about the helmets and I prefer to buy from a bricks n mortar place n just to be nice Dean gave me another fiver off.

You’re not gonna tell me theyre awful now are you? 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I did, I like them, theyre honest about the helmets and I prefer to buy from a bricks n mortar place n just to be nice Dean gave me another fiver off.

You’re not gonna tell me theyre awful now are you? 😂 

No, I went in there back in May , didn’t even know it was there before, only been to the branch in West Bay.

I talked to a lady who was working in there she was very helpful and knowledgeable as well 👍

• Like 3

16 hours ago, boboneleg said:

No, I went in there back in May , didn’t even know it was there before, only been to the branch in West Bay.

I talked to a lady who was working in there she was very helpful and knowledgeable as well 👍

They often offer a cup of tea which I think is rather nice of them. In the summer they put picnic benches outside and there’s usually bikers sitting outside enjoying a free drink. 

And more importantly they price match so you don’t get ripped off. They’ll also get in anything you want which I like cos you can compare and handle the goods before buying 👍

• Like 2