High Beams at night really that illegal in Europe?

Moto Beemer

That looks a good light you have on there. My 3 TDM900s were appalling at night so rarely rode them at night
Traded in 2012 for an S10 and what a difference, enjoyed night riding them, if warm enough.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Moto Beemer said:

I had no idea....I posted this and had a comment about huge fines and such in Europe.

I'm not aware of anything like that in Spain.......but it will vary from country to country.

• Like 1

In Portugal you can ride with them on all you want but only with no oncoming traffic, with oncoming traffic or other vehicles 100m in front of you, you are obliged to switch to the medium brightness ones. It makes sense to me, I don't like being blinded either.

• Like 4

Even without the threat of fines its very inconsiderate to ride or drive any vehicle at night with high beams on in the face of oncoming traffic.  its hardly a great loss to very temporarily switch to dip if a vehicle is coming towards you. and then turn them back on once that vehicle has passed you by.

• Like 1

I found it surprising on the motorways in Spain at night they have unbelievably bright retina burning signs flashing at you. Its like they installed them without a night mode. 

The Enfield Continental has a ridiculously bright headlight on it, I think he said he changed it to LED. I thought Mr Slowly had it on full beam. Gonna have to get that sorted before the off, hoping its just angled badly but what do I know.

• Like 1

In Germany special highway snipers are employed who will take a pot shot at anyone with their high beam on when approaching other panzers, I mean vehicles. They are sticklers for the rules you know.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Moto Beemer said:

Says the guy who rides a woman's motorcycle

Better that than riding along blinding oncoming traffic like a twat, while talking yourself up on your wee video, gormless cunt.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Better that than riding along blinding oncoming traffic like a twat, while talking yourself up on your wee video, gormless cunt.

I see Buck is welcoming newer members in his usual manner!

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1